Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javlok

Vaml77

I spent 8 years watching javlok in my forge. I got the diagram at the dojo but I never intended to make it. When duviri became a reality this weapon began to appear even more frequently than weapons that I already had shapes and potatoes. I decided to give this weapon a chance and added 5 forms. The weapon is unfortunately one of the weakest I've ever played. Her passive is very weak! I put mods that increased the amount of cartridges to use 20% power per ammunition. I tested different builds such as corrosive+fire, corrosive+slash, radiation+slash and it clearly demonstrated that this weapon is one of the weakest in the game. I would really like DE to make some augmentation available for javlok. The weapon is one of the worst in the game....! It has a very inviting visual design but in terms of firepower it is completely useless. As it is an old weapon, I think it deserved an augmentation or even a kuva variant. I see newer weapons like ocucor and sporotrix getting mods and older weapons seem like they were totally forgotten by DE....

Same could be said for many other older weapons. Just so happens old weapons tend to not live up to modern difficulty scales

As for mods and them being the "magic solution"... the Ocucor never felt like it was any good at killing, which defeats the point of any mods that rely on killing. (Can't speak for the Sporothrix since I'm slacking and disintererested in battle-passes)

54 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

The weapon is unfortunately one of the weakest I've ever played. Her passive is very weak!

Yeah, the magazine damage bonus is really never worth building for except maybe if you have a great Javlok riven.

The sad thing about Javlok throws is, while never great, they were far better before the speargun rework.  It lost its double damage bonus for full charges and now you almost have to build for reload speed, which you could ignore before.

That being said, if you enjoy throwing it (full time) anyway, the best way to do so is generally with Internal Bleeding, as there is forced impact on the the spear hit and the explosion.

1 hour ago, Vaml77 said:

I think it deserved an augmentation or even a kuva variant.

It does have what I'd call an augment, Amalgam Javlok Magazine Warp.  But as mentioned above, it's not normally worth a slot unless you really value mag size on the regular fire or just want the passive while meleeing with sword & shield. 

Any kind of improved variant would be exciting for me.  Really exciting would be an Incarnon...but DE hasn't yet done any adapters for altfire weapons, so the chances seem worse than other old, weak weapons.

6 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

As for mods and them being the "magic solution"... the Ocucor never felt like it was any good at killing, which defeats the point of any mods that rely on killing.

Ocucor had a ceiling, but when built with its mechanics in mind, a ceiling far higher than Javlok's.  And Sentient Surge makes it a force.

9 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Ocucor had a ceiling, but when built with its mechanics in mind, a ceiling far higher than Javlok's.  And Sentient Surge makes it a force.

Surge makes it feel like how it should have been originally designed. Still doesn't change the fact that it feels way too weak to begin making kills to build up its beam count... and I've given it a good chance since I want to like its gimmick

Spearguns used to perform decently if you went for Gas, and Javlok was the best at that. 
but Gas isn't effective enough for that anymore, so not the limitations of Mod scaling and how semi-clunky the throws are still is more distinctly felt when they have a hard time Killing stuff effectively. the normal shots are more practical than the Throws, thesedays. and the normal shots aren't super amazing (Ferrox does fine, but the rest, heh).

2 hours ago, Pakaku said:

As for mods and them being the "magic solution"... the Ocucor never felt like it was any good at killing, which defeats the point of any mods that rely on killing. (Can't speak for the Sporothrix since I'm slacking and disintererested in battle-passes)

both of these Weapons are excellent. Ocucor was decent before its Augment, but with it it's easily top 10%, so i don't know what you're complaining about.
Kills stuff fine enough before you stack up the Augment as long as the Enemies aren't resistant or immune to Status Effects.

Sporothrix was already a silly but effective Sniper Rifle. the Augment will just make it more silly.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, taiiat said:

both of these Weapons are excellent. Ocucor was decent before its Augment, but with it it's easily top 10%, so i don't know what you're complaining about.
Kills stuff fine enough before you stack up the Augment as long as the Enemies aren't resistant or immune to Status Effects.

Sporothrix was already a silly but effective Sniper Rifle. the Augment will just make it more silly.

Toss me an ocucor build suggestion, because I'm interested

I do already like the Sporothrix, I just wasn't sure if the augment was a game-changer or if it's just fine

26 minutes ago, taiiat said:

actually this is really off topic, sorry

I, on the other hand, have no principles.

57 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Toss me an ocucor build suggestion, because I'm interested

Galv. Shot, Galv Diffusion, Primed Target Cracker, Sentient Surge

viral or corrosive 60/60s, Primed Heated, flex slot (Lethal Torrent, PPG, or bane)

Ruinous Extension.  Eject Magazine if you have trouble with losing tentacles and mix in other weapons.  (Ice Storm instead of a cold 60/60 is also good.)

Cascadia Flare, Overcharge, or Dexterity.

If you are  are killing things really easily, punch through can increase kps in that last slot. 

Anyway to bring it back faintly to the original topic...I'd do terrible things for a Javlok augment that was as good as Sentient Surge.