Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exploiter Orb Needs Toned Down For Solo

Xylia

Seriously.

I don't understand how they expect anybody to actually kill the stupid thing. I can get to the part where she's outside, but there's just TOO. MUCH. CRAP. happening on screen to see the stupid cooling robots to kill them, and they give you exactly 2 seconds before they throw their stuff on her and cool her down.

Really, REALLY wish Nightwave would stop asking for this annoying crap that is nearly impossible to solo.

They need to tone it down with the visual effects covering the whole viewing area, and they need to give you some actual TIME to kill the stupid robots before they cool her down.

Also, having her doing 5,000+ damage within 3 seconds during the first phase is a bit eyeroll stupidly high damage.

• Like 2

the entire Encounter is actually a sham.
the Coolant Raknoids are irrelevant, just charge Canisters and throw them. you keep throwing them until Exploiter just instantly goes into meltdown.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

Not much of a grand master, are we?

your only valid point is the issue of the visual effects. But these can be largly reduced y reducing particle effects and stuff like that.

Look in the Options.

Regarding the rest, now that's just whining,

from you having no frieds to take the Orb down (gee.... I wonder why.....)

to you being incabable of finding the proper equipment for the job. There are plenty of ways to mitigate 5000 damage to barely a scratch in your paintjob.

Personally, I love Nightwave tasks like this. 5 Minutes gathering friends, 10 Minutes punching the girl in the d....orb... Done! Easy quick 7k rep.

To @Xylia,

Exploiter Orb is difficult but there is a few low level EASY TRICKS, you can ...

• ... use Zephyr with Range and Duration for Damage Immunity,
  • ... use Immortal Operator to get the canisters (stock of few before use them),
  • ... throw canister from under the exploiter (no miss).
  • ... Use Fluctus (Archgun or NecraMech : "VoidRig+Storm Shroud") to damage the Exploiter from any direction.

The only problem is the exponential use of canisters and the useless YoYo Heat-Meter (I just ignore it). The only useful fixe should be a :

• Heat damage charge the heat meter, Blast/radiation damage charge the heat meter with quarter efficiency (4 heat proc max).
  • Thermia Canister doing fixed damage To heat meter (40% / 20% / 10% / 5%).
  • Coolant Raknoid doing fixed restore To heat meter (20% / 10% / 5% / 2,5%).

Go into it with the same loadout as an eidolon build. Works really well. Ammo problems might persist so I might recommend dispensary or ammo restores. Sniper rifle works wonders for dealing those chunks of damage and taking out the skitters before they reach the orb. The build should be built tanky so the attacks shouldn't be a problem and even if they are just fly away in archwing.

Stockpiling the canisters is a very important thing you need to be doing for the fight. You don't need to constantly be wearing it down, this was the thing that transformed the fight for me since I thought at first there was a catchup or time-based mechanic preventing the fight from lasting forever so I was just slewing canisters non-stop since I thought it would raise the minimum heat gauge level but that's not how it works so burst-damage is your friend instead.

Can also ask recruitment if you think it needs to be done with a group.

Eventually managed to kill it, but it was an incredibly frustrating and annoying experience.

The problem isn't damage output: I oneshot the stupid spider robots, and it takes like 4 shots from my Nataruk to get rid of the vents in Phase 1, and it takes me like 5 seconds to shear off the health in phase 2 once I expose a piece of it.

The problem is the fact that

1). You can't see jack crap with all the fire and junk happening everywhere

2). There's just too many of those stupid coolant robots,

3). And it's hard to keep them off of her AND make/grab thermia tanks AND throw them at her.

It's just too much crap for 1 person to try to do simultaneously. It's frustrating, it's stressful, and to be quite honest, it could really use tweaks to make it more fair for a solo player.

Maybe less spiders.

Maybe they move slower.

Maybe make sure that no external mobs are entering the battlefield and creating MORE problems, visual clutter, etc.

Maybe make it so that once they run up to her, they have to charge for a second or two to give you a moment to actually shoot it before it throws the coolant on her.

Maybe make them spawn slower.

Maybe make it so that in solo, every tank you throw on her, increases a minimum threshold they can't cool her past to make sure that you don't get an infinite battle on your hands.

I dunno, something, anything.

And the reason why this is so frustrating is that it doesn't matter how strong you are,  you can oneshot all the stupid stuff, it's all the cheesy invincibility and the (what is essentially) BS healing it can do. You go from 60% down to 20% in just a couple missed robots that you couldn't SEE because of all the visual clutter everywhere, and that's annoying.

But no, bad apples of the Warframe community rise up to belittle anybody who doesn't like this sort of cheese yet again. For the supposed "great community", seems like there's so many players who have nothing better to do than to spew their personal attacks, belittling nonsense, etc. Some responses in this thread were OK, but there's always gotta be that one idiot that pops up and has to puff his chest out and make fun of anybody who doesn't have the same skill level he has. It just gets really old after awhile.

EDIT: Another thing that could help, is move her to a bounty so that you can find auto groups for it instead of having to manually group up. I hate having to do manual groupmaking in any game. I'd rather just solo the stupid thing, but dear Lord it's an incredibly frustrating experience. Hopefully the dumb thing never pops up on Nightwave ever again. I don't care if it does have a warframe associated with it. I'd rather just buy the stupid thing than have to farm this boss until/unless they fix the stupid thing.

Edited by Xylia
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xylia said:

Maybe make it so that in solo, every tank you throw on her, increases a minimum threshold they can't cool her past to make sure that you don't get an infinite battle on your hands.

Similar mechanics is already there. The more thermia you throw at it, the faster heat meter fills up. Up to the point where it fills almost instantly. 

2 minutes ago, Xaero said:

You can trivialize the entire fight using Amesha and its first ability.

Assuming one HAS Amesha, and even knows that it exists.

Personally, since I'm a returning player who hasn't played much in 3 years, I never heard of it.

Just now, Xaero said:

Similar mechanics is already there. The more thermia you throw at it, the faster heat meter fills up. Up to the point where it fills almost instantly. 

It seems to have a.... wearing off effect.

Like, each canister seems to only "work" for an X amount of time before it seems to reset and when you got a bunch of other crap coming in and/or a dry spell of canisters because there's too much going on and you can't shoot the stupid robots before they have a chance to throw their coolant.... well.

The effect of the thermia seems to reset after awhile, and that's annoying too.

I always do this fight solo and coolant Raknoid spawns being uneasy to handle is the only thing I'd say is an issue, as being big as the area is, one of the spawns is on the hillside towards the Corpus settlement and unless you are flying, far above the ground, you won't see them coming.
Sadly, this also happens to be the spot where the Exploiter orb is closest to. Rest of spawns are actually really far, +100m which makes spotting spooders easy peasy.

As for visual clutter, seems mostly fine to me and I play with particles & effects set to max (thing which sometimes I do regret).
Other than that, my go-to choice is normally Nova since Molecular prime is the only ability that can cover such a massive area to maintain all coolant raknoids at bay.

Honestly, what I'd do, is add a bit of "visual help" & concentrate spawns;

1. Spooders spawn in packs from x place.
  2. Zuud tells you beforehand where they are coming from with some visual indicator on the HUD/minimap to reflect that.

Other than that, the fight is pretty easy and damage is negligible, just the coolant raknoid spawns that can be an issue.

while it's crud that the game lies to the Player to make the encounter seem like it has more depth than it actually has, still, again - the Coolant Raknoids are irrelevant. it doesn't matter what they are doing. 
all you have to do is throw Canisters at Exploiter and you win. 

Gear doesn't even matter, you just need to like, have a Health Mod on and a way to Heal yourself, and you're guaranteed to win as long as you actually do the encounter. it's one of the most frustratingly easy encounters in the game, you as the Player have absolutely zero agency to the Encounter, it's functionally on rails.

it's visually a very cool encounter, but it's frustrating that nothing matters in the encounter. it's all for show and meaningless.

17 minutes ago, Xylia said:

It seems to have a.... wearing off effect.

Like, each canister seems to only "work" for an X amount of time

they don't, every Canister adds to the hidden Meter behind the Meter, permanently (until Phase change).

Edited by taiiat

18 minutes ago, taiiat said:

they don't, every Canister adds to the hidden Meter behind the Meter, permanently (until Phase change).

I dunno, it sure seemed like it was resetting/wearing off.

That, or phase 3 has this ludicrously high barrier you have to overcome because the first two phases were "eh". Doable but still not very fun.

The third phase, though? I would get her up to 60 and then glance up at the meter and it's 20 again while trying to get more canisters to throw. This happened like 2-3 times and then suddenly, after I threw like 3 in a row after getting lucky next thing I know it's at 90% ... just seems to have little rhyme or reason behind the whole thing.

Just seems like the whole thing could really use some tweaks. Would be nice if they would SHOW us that "hidden meter behind the meter", too. That would also be nice.

EDIT: Another thing that would be nice... instead of dropping the canister at the fissure, just have an interact once instead. A couple times I had trouble trying to find the prompt to pick it back up because I had turned to shoot some corpus guys who showed up and/or that split second between dropping and picking it back up is yet more time the stupid spiders have to cool her down while you're trying to get the thermia ready to throw at her.

Edited by Xylia

32 minutes ago, Xylia said:

The third phase, though? I would get her up to 60 and then glance up at the meter and it's 20 again while trying to get more canisters to throw. This happened like 2-3 times and then suddenly, after I threw like 3 in a row after getting lucky next thing I know it's at 90% ... just seems to have little rhyme or reason behind the whole thing.

exactly, as you throw more Canisters the hidden Meter goes higher. it's always going to overpower the Coolant Raknoids if you keep throwing them. it just keeps stacking it forever.

really i'd just redesign the entire encounter so that the actions of the Player do actually matter rather than it functionally being a Cutscene.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

really i'd just redesign the entire encounter so that the actions of the Player do actually matter rather than it functionally being a Cutscene.

If they did that, then they'd need some kind of protection against it being an infinite race that you can't win, if you're not quick enough.

There's already too many gimmicky fights in the game that are frustrating not because you can't do enough damage or survive the attacks, but because of some other thing you have to do that was made with 4 people in mind, but they never properly balanced it for solo.

Such bosses can be fun if you fight it the first time with people, but if you're going in there for your 20th run trying to get a systems BP (or Nightwave...) then it's just plain annoying and you just want it over with already.

1 hour ago, Xylia said:

Assuming one HAS Amesha, and even knows that it exists.

Personally, since I'm a returning player who hasn't played much in 3 years, I never heard of it.

Well, now you do. Might wanna use that rather than wait for Exploiter nerf.

so I was looking Amesha up and I don't really "get" how it (or its first ability) is supposed to somehow help and/or "trivialize" the whole thing?

I do note, though, that Amesha sounds way better than Odonata at... well, pretty much anything I'd ever wanna solo in Archwing though, so... ya probably make one anyhow even if ain't specifically for this boss.

13 hours ago, Xylia said:

so I was looking Amesha up and I don't really "get" how it (or its first ability) is supposed to somehow help and/or "trivialize" the whole thing?

In phase 1, it allows you to get closer to Exploiter's weak points. With 1st ability you ignore any attacks, and you can't be slowed down by bumping into obstacles or getting hit by Exploiter's ice wave. In phase 2, you can get better view of the battlefield and snipe coolant raknoids, and you can also travel faster between canisters and ruptures than on foot.

Here's the demonstration. Looks easy, right?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
В 15.02.2024 в 12:14, Xaero сказал:

In phase 1, it allows you to get closer to Exploiter's weak points. With 1st ability you ignore any attacks, and you can't be slowed down by bumping into obstacles or getting hit by Exploiter's ice wave. In phase 2, you can get better view of the battlefield and snipe coolant raknoids, and you can also travel faster between canisters and ruptures than on foot.

Here's the demonstration. Looks easy, right?

Using of Amesha it is smart move, but not any have idea that canisters are pickaple and throwable in archwing mode=) So, it is not obviously way to fight this boss. Kinda trick, in other words.

Edited by DstroyR_Prime