Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For the love of god, please change Frost's bubble.

MrDugan

Even used appropriately, it's mildly annoying because it blocks all fire, including team fire.  But there are so many players that think there's nothing wrong with spamming Snow Globe all over the map.  I just had one in a sortie defense that was leaving them in thick clusters, essentially preventing any use of projectiles around the operative.  When I very politely* asked this person to not leave them all over the map, they did what so many do when anyone mentions anything about them being less painful to play with and became hostile and defensive, telling me to "look up how it works before I speak" and that they would just afk the rest of the mission.  I didn't even ask them not to use the ability.  I and another player spelled out for them that they can pop them when the operative isn't in them.

This isn't some rare occurrence, either.  I dread seeing Frost in a squad, because I know that my guns are about to become limited options because there's about to be bubbles everywhere.  I'm not asking for a rework here.  Just let friendly fire through.  It's so annoying that I've considered just leaving any squad with a Frost in it.  It doesn't matter how politely you ask, the majority of players do not take it well when you suggest they stop leaving the enemy cover all over the map.  Just don't give them the option to be annoying.

*I literally said, "Frost, can you please not leave bubbles everywhere?  They block team fire."

• Like 2

Maybe the player didnt know that Frost's bubble is so obstructive in the gameplay? I have met with MR12+ players that didnt know they could pop the bubbles with his 1st.

The biggest offenders are those that know they are obstructive but dont care, luckily they are very very rare.

Having teammates shot's go through it unhindered is something many players have asked for a long time. DE hasnt made that change in years, i doubt they would be willing to change it now.

25 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

So it was problem because someone wasnt able to room clear as fast...

No one said that, but have fun making assumptions.  Snow Globe literally forces your team to play around you, rather than with you.  I could not actually shoot my guns with any effect because the bubbles were blocking fire in layers.  

45 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

No one said that, but have fun making assumptions.  Snow Globe literally forces your team to play around you, rather than with you.  I could not actually shoot my guns with any effect because the bubbles were blocking fire in layers.  

Jokes aside, did operative died, and if yes how many times, because of the bubbles.

6 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Jokes aside, did operative died, and if yes how many times, because of the bubbles.

Doesn't matter.  That's not the point.  The Frost was limiting other's ability to use their weapons by literally providing the enemy with cover.  I don't get why you're not understanding that.

problem is most players don't , can't  or won't read anything.
i get the frost issue we had a mr 22 spamming the bubbles on an objective that moves in an archon mission and they had absolutely no clue that his 1st ability removes the bubbles. but even after that he still spammed them everywhere.
did the objective die? no
was it annoying? yes
did frost die and no one revived him? no
we revived him and he still did it and this happens all the time with frost and limbo and i love both of these frames.

1 hour ago, MrDugan said:

Doesn't matter.  That's not the point.  The Frost was limiting other's ability to use their weapons by literally providing the enemy with cover.  I don't get why you're not understanding that.

Well i would say its annoying, but if it did its function to defend the target, its not bad.

There are many annoying things, like defense issions with slowwa, or wisp locking enemies somewhere .

Khora , vauban or hydroid slowing down enemie kills in cramped maps, making them harder to kill or stuck on walls, underfloors.

Yes frost and limbo messing with weapons of squad mate in a way, but its nothing more than inconvinience.

Also  going on another mission and one dont get to kill anything because minmax people kill everything 5 tiles away and spawn kill enemies(althought now fixed), which also kills joys on squad play , which is just as annoying or not worst as frost or limbo , you dont get to do anything.

Either way its squad forming issue rather than frost issue, to be fair.

Edited by AntifreezeUnder0

10 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

but if it did its function to defend the target, its not bad.

No it did not, because it is a sortie and target is an operative who follows random player, not stationary object.

Objecitve of Defense Mode is NOT protect the target for the given TIME - it is protect the target and KILL all the enemies tryng to get it. So even if it partially helped with one objective, it hindered the other substantially. If it was mobile defense, pop your bubble by all means. 

PS: Sadly the fact that many players do not read, do not care or will intentionally try to annoy others is not a good reason to change any abilities effects. This happened since the dawn of multiplayer gaming and will happen regardless. If you do not like it, do not play in public or bring ability nuke that doesnt care about that - Saryn, Equinox, Octavia, Gara, Gauss etc...)

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

As much as I understand the frustration, it shouldn't be changed just because some people are using it wrong. I would say it's rare enough to not warrant this. Snow Globe is a cool & unique ability, making friendly fire go through would be crazy powerful - and it would not really solve your issue (as frozen / slowed enemies trying to cross would still overall slow down the mission).

Even if that wastes your time, the best is still to discuss with the dude, if met with anger/refusal, just leave and re-tag, You'd have wasted 2 minutes tops, and it's nearly guaranteed the next mission will not have a Frost anyway considering how rarely it's played.

I'm doing that with Limbos, even if I'm not even asking anymore and I'm straight up leaving because I don't want to be asking one person to not play for my own convenience.

16 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Sadly the fact that many players do not read, do not care or will intentionally try to annoy others is not a good reason to change any abilities effects.

There's a lot I wish wasn't changed. I don't annoy strangers but when my IRL friends play which is rare we troll the hell out of each other.

Switch Teleport off a cliff, Sneaky Nova Portals,Ripline when when they're trying to fish, Mind Control then let it go next to them,

Back in the day when Stug had massive screen shake or bolting bosses to the ceiling. We love trying to get each other killed.

Don't touch Frost's Globe again. Everytime DE touches it they make it useless for for a year. Then return it right back where it was.

Maybe Stand inside the globe and shoot out?

Any change to frost and DE will need to commit the same Changes to Volt, Limbo, Atlas and Garra.

Frost is currently in a good place right now Balance wise. If it ain't broke don't fix.

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, Ruison dijo:

Don't touch Frost's Globe again. Everytime DE touches it they make it useless for for a year. Then return it right back where it was.

Maybe Stand inside the globe and shoot out?

Any change to frost and DE will need to commit the same Changes to Volt, Limbo, Atlas and Garra.

Frost is currently in a good place right now Balance wise. If it ain't broke don't fix.

That doesn't make sense, those warframes are completely different from each other.

hace 12 horas, MrDugan dijo:

Even used appropriately, it's mildly annoying because it blocks all fire, including team fire.  But there are so many players that think there's nothing wrong with spamming Snow Globe all over the map.  I just had one in a sortie defense that was leaving them in thick clusters, essentially preventing any use of projectiles around the operative.  When I very politely* asked this person to not leave them all over the map, they did what so many do when anyone mentions anything about them being less painful to play with and became hostile and defensive, telling me to "look up how it works before I speak" and that they would just afk the rest of the mission.  I didn't even ask them not to use the ability.  I and another player spelled out for them that they can pop them when the operative isn't in them.

This isn't some rare occurrence, either.  I dread seeing Frost in a squad, because I know that my guns are about to become limited options because there's about to be bubbles everywhere.  I'm not asking for a rework here.  Just let friendly fire through.  It's so annoying that I've considered just leaving any squad with a Frost in it.  It doesn't matter how politely you ask, the majority of players do not take it well when you suggest they stop leaving the enemy cover all over the map.  Just don't give them the option to be annoying.

*I literally said, "Frost, can you please not leave bubbles everywhere?  They block team fire."

Unfortunately, Frost's main are very attached to him remaining a one-trick pony and luckily there are very few Frost out there (I haven't seen one since before the Parvos Sisters update), best thing What we can do is abandon the mission as soon as we see one.

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6

1 hour ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

That doesn't make sense, those warframes are completely different from each other.

What? All of those frames have abilities that block ally projectiles.

Volt - Electric Shield

Limbo - Banish and Cataclysm

Atlas - Tectonics

Garra - Spectrorage

I was not aware that Frost was the only one people have an issue with. The specific thing The OP was talking about? The blocking of his projectiles? Heck we can throw the other bullet manipulators in the as well or frames that inadvertently prevent damage.

Oh no Mag use polarize and now all my bullets are hitting an enemy I did want them to hit.

That Stupid Nyx is using absorb and I cant shoot past it.

Garuda used Blood Altar now I can't kill THAT enemy.

Aw shucks Grendel ate that guy with Consume and now I can't kill them.

REEEEEE Loki used switch Teleport on an enemy I wanted to kill.

Hydroid stop using tentacle Swarm I can't hit the enemies flailing around.

Dammit Oberon your Reckoning made me miss my attack.

Titania Stop making the enemies float around.

The point I'm trying to make is that there are more frames that have this "Problem". Learn to play around them? Get inside the Snow Globe, it doesn't stop you from shooting out.

If it really bothers you. There's a nice nifty game option that lets you play alone or make your game invite only.

Edited by Ruison

1 hour ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Unfortunately, Frost's main are very attached to him remaining a one-trick pony and luckily there are very few Frost out there (I haven't seen one since before the Parvos Sisters update)

You haven't seen a Frost in 3 years?   Have you logged in during that time?  Played multiplayer?   With your monitor turned on?? :P :P

Frost is far from popular afaict, but that's crazy.  I mean, I've seen multiple Banshees, Nyxs, and Calibans in that time, and they're far less used than Frost.  

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, Ruison dijo:

Volt - Electric Shield

Atlas - Tectonics

Garra - Spectrorage

I was not aware that Frost was the only one people have an issue with. The specific thing The OP was talking about? The blocking of his projectiles? Heck we can throw the other bullet manipulators in the as well or frames that inadvertently prevent damage.

Oh no Mag use polarize and now all my bullets are hitting an enemy I did want them to hit.

That Stupid Nyx is using absorb and I cant shoot past it.

Garuda used Blood Altar now I can't kill THAT enemy.

Aw shucks Grendel ate that guy with Consume and now I can't kill them.

REEEEEE Loki used switch Teleport on an enemy I wanted to kill.

Hydroid stop using tentacle Swarm I can't hit the enemies flailing around.

Dammit Oberon your Reckoning made me miss my attack.

Titania Stop making the enemies float around.

The point I'm trying to make is that there are more frames that have this "Problem". Learn to play around them? Get inside the Snow Globe, it doesn't stop you from shooting out.

If it really bothers you. There's a nice nifty game option that lets you play alone or make your game invite only.

what it is to speak without knowing:
volt and gara DO NOT block allied projectiles, the atlas wall is so small that it can barely block a hallway and "YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE" plus most atlas players don't even use it and limbo of course it is disruptive, otherwise Explain to me what all those threads about limbo are.
-That is magnetize, and it has a duration, so it will not be there for the rest of the game.
-nyx creates a single orb, it is smaller than Frost's and is immobile (unless he uses his augmentation which only allows him to walk and roll)
-this excuse is terrible, garuda can only trap 3 enemies that accumulate damage, receiving it when they are released, a better excuse would have been: garuda blocking defense missions (I still don't understand why enemies controlled by Revenant don't block defense missions but Garuda's altar does.)
-That enemy in Grendel's stomach doesn't last long, especially if he uses his other abilities and he can only consume 5 enemies at a time, are these really your excuses?
-Wow, really? I didn't know, he teleported SINGLE ENEMY, what a calamity, I didn't block him, nor take him to another dimension, I just moved him, a better excuse: Loki can be annoying if he uses that ability on another player.
Seriously, this excuse is so bad it doesn't even exist, hydroid doesn't agitate enemies.
-This thing about Oberon and Titania is no longer an excuse, from here I already realize that you are trolling.
Frost is not the only disruptive one, but it doesn't mean they should just stay that way, although I understand that you're just trying to troll.

hace 57 minutos, Tiltskillet dijo:

You haven't seen a Frost in 3 years?   Have you logged in during that time?  Played multiplayer?   With your monitor turned on?? :P :P

Frost is far from popular afaict, but that's crazy.  I mean, I've seen multiple Banshees, Nyxs, and Calibans in that time, and they're far less used than Frost.  

That's right, I haven't seen another frost in that time (it also seemed a little strange to me), I have used it for a long time for defense missions, mobile defense and I used it a lot in the citrine update, using a balloon only on the target to defend and with 100% range, it would be quite an achievement to spend the missions playing with the monitor off, although I would have realized if there was another frost by the unmistakable sound of its 4.

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6

2 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

what it is to speak without knowing:

Made me chuckle. I've been around for a long time. Everything that I said was at one point true and from actual interactions in-game.

Frost just happens to be the flavor of the month. There are literally post on this forum asking to remove Ragdoll from Hydroids Tempest Barrage because it's "Annoying".

Hydroid Post

Mag Post

Top 10 post

I'm not gonna go drag up every post from the Archives to prove a my point, these should suffice.

You should not vilify any frame from one negative experience. There are Frost (really any frame) mains that will carry you kicking and screaming through some of the hardest content this game has to offer. New people don't know how to play them and Warframe is in it's largest period of growth. That Frost may have been a returning player from when frost only had one Globe. The old strategy to stay alive with him was spamming his unbreakable globe. When they gave the globe hp they stripped all his survivability because the globe would be instantly broken.

Frost has had a rocky history. CBT he was regarded as the Strongest Warftame and EVERYONE had him on stand by for endurance runs with Loki, Trinity and Necros. Few updates later he became the weakest. Limbo comes out with a Energy Regen Bubble people stopped playing Frost. Then DE broke him completely by adding Hp to globe. Around this time it Frost became the least played frame in the game they hit him with a nerf bat so damn hard they essentially removed him from the game. Right now he is in a good Balanced place he's not stupidly op or completely useless.

Edited by Ruison
  • Like 1

hace 12 minutos, Ruison dijo:

Made me chuckle. I've been around for a long time. Everything that I said was at one point true and from actual interactions in-game.

Frost just happens to be the flavor of the month. There are literally post on this forum asking to remove Ragdoll from Hydroids Tempest Barrage because it's "Annoying".

Hydroid Post

Mag Post

Top 10 Post

I'm not gonna go drag up every post from the Archives to prove a my point, these should suffice.

You should not vilify any frame from one negative experience. There are Frost (really any frame) mains that will carry you kicking and screaming through some of the hardest content this game has to offer. New people don't know how to play them and Warframe is in it's largest period of growth. That Frost may have been a returning player from when frost only had one Globe. The old strategy to stay alive with him was spamming his unbreakable globe. When they gave the globe hp they stripped all his survivability because the globe would be instantly broken.

Frost has had a rocky history. CBT he was regarded as the Strongest Warftame and EVERYONE had him on stand by for endurance runs with Loki, Trinity and Necros. Few updates later he became the weakest. Limbo comes out with a Energy Regen Bubble people stopped playing Frost. Then DE broke him completely by adding Hp to globe. Around this time it Frost became the least played frame in the game they hit him with a nerf bat so damn hard they essentially removed him from the game. Right now he is in a good Balanced place he's not stupidly op or completely useless.

Show that?
Literally proves you wrong, tempest barrage doesn't send enemies flying and tentacle swarm doesn't hit enemies, I know this used to be before its rework but it's not like that anymore so it further proves my point, so all the more reason they should allow Allied fire to cross the globe from any direction, something that wouldn't even negatively affect Frost.
It's not the flavor of the month, these posts about Frost come out from time to time, like the Limbo ones and the Volt Speed ones.
By the way, 2 of those links are the same, you haven't searched much either.

I'm not looking to vilify Frost, I know how annoying Snowball can be, just as I also know how annoying Volt Speed can be even though it's my favorite warframe, the point is that you don't have to defend something with nails and teeth using the slightest excuse just because it's your favorite.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Show that?
Literally proves you wrong, tempest barrage doesn't send enemies flying and tentacle swarm doesn't hit enemies, I know this used to be before its rework but it's not like that anymore so it further proves my point, so all the more reason they should allow Allied fire to cross the globe from any direction, something that wouldn't even negatively affect Frost.
It's not the flavor of the month, these posts about Frost come out from time to time, like the Limbo ones and the Volt Speed ones.
By the way, 2 of those links are the same, you haven't searched much either.

I'm not looking to vilify Frost, I know how annoying Snowball can be, just as I also know how annoying Volt Speed can be even though it's my favorite warframe, the point is that you don't have to defend something with nails and teeth using the slightest excuse just because it's your favorite.

Brief touch on Hydroid

They took a Control frame and GUTTED ALL THE ENMEY CONTROL. What made Hydroid fun to play is now GONE along with his Identity. Because of posts like this.

All it takes is one Radiation proc and you shooting at or near an objective you want to defend to kill it. Frost Globe prevents this in sorties.

Volt is your favorite? Some one makes a post about the speed buff being annoying or a meme. DE removes the ability. How do you feel? You cannot say it will never happen because they literally just did that to Hydroid.

It would be nice if they reach out to people that currently Play the frames before they listen to an echo chamber of people saying remove this, allow that.

Edited by Ruison
  • Like 1

hace 8 minutos, Ruison dijo:

Brief touch on Hydroid

They took a Control frame and GUTTED ALL THE ENMEY CONTROL. What made Hydroid fun to play is now GONE along with his Identity. Because of posts like this.

All it takes is one Radiation proc and you shooting at or near an objective you want to defend to kill it. Frost Globe prevents this in sorties.

Volt is your favorite? Some one makes a post about the speed but being annoying or a meme. DE removes the ability. How do you feel? You cannot say it will never happen because they literally just did that to Hydroid.

It would be nice if they reach out to people that currently Play the frames before they listen to an echo chamber of people saying remove this, allow that.

He still has a lot of CC and can now armor strip and buff weapons; of course the puddle could have been kept somehow instead of removed.
Fun is subjective, I like the current hydroid.
When have you suffered radiation effects outside of the daily raid and it was in a defense?
Did I mention that the frost snow globe should be removed? I challenge you to cite where I said that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Did I mention that the frost snow globe should be removed? I challenge you to cite where I said that.

Do not bend words.

I gave an example of what could happen and what DE does. People complain then DE gut or remove. That can happen and has happened. The title of the topic(I said post before) is...

"For the love of god, please change Frost's bubble."

16 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

He still has a lot of CC and can now armor strip and buff weapons; of course the puddle could have been kept somehow instead of removed.

Far less than he had before and the only reason people (Not saying Specifically You ) like him now is because he is a press button win frame now. He already had armor strip but it was unreliable. He already had Damage but People didn't know about it or how to use it or refused to use it. He already had survivability but apparently it wasn't easy enough to use?

Watch DE remove the blocking bullets aspect of Snowglobe and then just have it only slow enemies and add damage to attacks.

DE: "This is what you wanted right?"

Frost Players: "No!"

DE: "To bad we are committed to this change and we will revisit Frost in 3 years when no one plays him or his playrate drops below 5%."

Hydroids case.

DE: "We are slowly gonna nerf  Hydroid patch after patch since Update 14. Ignore his bugs for 9+ years and only when we gets to a playrate of 3% are we gonna give him any attention. Rework time! Let's give him Elemental Ward and Vex Armor on one ability. Hey, his playrate jumped to 26%. We did good right because the number went up, right? RIGHT???"

Me: "No you gave him the same ability that 40% of the roster has."

hace 9 minutos, Ruison dijo:

Do not bend words.

I gave an example of what could happen and what DE does. People complain then DE gut or remove. That can happen and has happened. The title of the topic(I said post before) is...

"For the love of god, please change Frost's bubble."

and the change OP is proposing is allowing shooting through the snow globe, and you're paranoid that since they took the puddle from Hydroid they'll destroy Frost just for proposing this.

hace 13 minutos, Ruison dijo:

Far less than he had before and the only reason people (Not saying Specifically You ) like him now is because he is a press button win frame now. He already had armor strip but it was unreliable. He already had Damage but People didn't know about it or how to use it or refused to use it. He already had survivability but apparently it wasn't easy enough to use?

Now it doesn't send enemies flying and it doesn't shake them in all directions, surely before it was easier to shoot an enemy that was flying half the room or are you going to tell me that the puddle represented 50% of its CC?
What button do you have to press to win? Tempest barrage? Surely it wipes out the entire map with its huge area, or does the tentacles destroy the entire map? It's not like they have a limit of enemies to capture, or maybe 3? Surely just touching the button gives you all the buff without conditions or is his 2 so powerful that it sweeps all the enemies off the map?

hace 18 minutos, Ruison dijo:

Watch DE remove the blocking bullets aspect of Snowglobe and then just have it only slow enemies and add damage to attacks.

DE: "This is what you wanted right?"

Frost Players: "No!"

DE: "To bad we are committed to this change and we will revisit Frost in 3 years when no one plays him or his playrate drops below 5%."

Hydroids case.

DE: "We are slowly gonna nerf  Hydroid patch after patch since Update 14. Ignore his bugs for 9+ years and only when we gets to a playrate of 3% are we gonna give him any attention. Rework time! Let's give him Elemental Ward and Vex Armor on one ability. Hey, his playrate jumped to 26%. We did good right because the number went up, right? RIGHT???"

Me: "No you gave him the same ability that 40% of the roster has."

The only thing this is is pure conjecture, you don't know if they would remove or improve the snow globe, it's just your frustration with the hydroid thing.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I would say it's rare enough to not warrant this.

Not my experience.  Nearly every frost I run across does this.

Snow Globe is a cool & unique ability, making friendly fire go through would be crazy powerful

Friendly fire goes through plenty of other defensive abilities.  And considering half his kit is useless, he could use a "crazy powerful" ability besides his 4 being decent.  I would honestly buff it more than just this.

and it would not really solve your issue

My issue is the bubble blocking fire.  So yes, it would solve my issue.  It's not that the mission is going slower, and I really need the people in this thread to stop putting words in my mouth, because more than one person is making this assumption.  It's that it literally provides the enemy with cover, and prevents the squad from using projectile weapons.

5 hours ago, Ruison said:

Volt - Electric Shield

Atlas - Tectonics

Garra - Spectrorage

I was not aware that Frost was the only one people have an issue with.

Volt's shield is small enough, and not spammed anywhere near as often ime.  Everyone already hates playing with Limbo.  Atlas is also complained about, but also very rarely seen.  Most Gara's are doing a blender build and team fire DOES go through her 4.  I see other frames use spectrorage more than I see Gara using it.

1 hour ago, Ruison said:

What made Hydroid fun to play is now GONE along with his Identity. Because of posts like this.

I like him much better now.  A super slow puddle that pubs used to AFK with was not fun in the slightest to me.

• Like 1