The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to disable crossplay with Mobile players specifically

StrawberrySparrow

That's kind of the reason the crossplay symbol doesn't let you know exactly the platform a player is originating from.

I'm not sure what plans DE has to combat this issue to be quite honest. So much of crossplay is platform politics rather than roadmaps and implementations.

• Like 2

I don't think they can do this. PS wasn't happy when they gave everyone individualized logos based on platform so allowing people to disabled cross-play based on platform I assume is also out of the question.

And if people aren't going to complain about Mobile hosts then they would complain about PS4/Switch hosts. It is the newness of it that is causing these issues, come back in about 3 months time and it probably won't be a big issue.

10 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

You are not alone in this

I knew WF coming to mobile would be a terrible idea.

Totally agree, when i first saw them seriously talking about it i felt it could be detrimental, the game is just too content heavy, all the platforms have specific issues as it is, for example consoles don’t spawn as many mobs as pc, pc if not ran optimally as is host can lag the group out of a mission, mobiles atm just aren’t optimised for how heavy wf is.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Numerounius said:

I don't think they can do this. PS wasn't happy when they gave everyone individualized logos based on platform so allowing people to disabled cross-play based on platform I assume is also out of the question.

Why was PS not happy with the individualized logos?

1 hour ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Totally agree, when i first saw them seriously talking about it i felt it could be detrimental, the game is just too content heavy, all the platforms have specific issues as it is, for example consoles don’t spawn as many mobs as pc, pc if not ran optimally as is host can lag the group out of a mission, mobiles atm just aren’t optimised for how heavy wf is.

(Oh hi again!)

But yes, I also felt this when they introduced cross-play, as I've always had more host issues when console than PC (PC is rare unless you run into kiddies with toasters) and IMHO, consoles will never be as strong as PC. 

I just hope Cross Play Opt will remain in the game forever, since it'll always be switched off until they can either make PC a top pick for Hosts or they make their own servers.

• Like 1

Personally, I choose to lower the Ping Limit when host migration happens with random squad.

Generally, I'd like the Ping Limit to be more accurate like last-48h-ping-to-server not the ping-to-host-with-8octets ... 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

have any of the people here had a significant uptick in host migrations or are yall just complaining in advance? 

Probably the latter. It's the hip new thing to blame network difficulties on. It's all the rage, and all the kids are doing it.

Communities and societies love a scapegoat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Numerounius said:

PlayStation are notorious about interactions with other consoles it isn't just that one specific example.

So, PS is upset that they know that PC will always trump them? xD

Got it 👍🏼

(Won't be surprised if Xbox was like this too)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, PS is upset that they know that PC will always trump them?

Got it 👍🏼

(Won't be surprised if Xbox was like this too)

Y'know Xbox and Windows (Aka, PC) are both owned by Microsoft right? Yes there are some differences but not to the extent that other platforms impose.