Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loyal Merulina Augment.

Lancars

Please consider some changes before the release of this augment. The concept is cool but i feel like it could give up a bit to much if you can't get back on Merulina mid game.

The augment needs to be tap to summon and hold to get on Merulina.

Sure I gain the use of more then a sidearm but having the added protection being on Merulina, casting while moving and giving up a mod slot. If it was an Exilus slot it wouldn't hurt as bad.

I make this post now as its better to nip the problem in the bud now and hope they see it before release then wait till later when it will be glossed over. So i wann make sure the message gets out there.

jxx9ftsxaekc1.jpg?width=1153&format=pjpg

• Like 2

Just as a note, I checked the DevStream footage; you don't lose the effects of base Merulina this way. You still get the invincibility on cast to charge up the defense, you still get the damage reduction, and according to Pablo you still get the casting-while-moving function (just as base, to keep her consistent).

So you really don't need to be 'on' Merulina. In fact, because this now allows Helminth abilities, you're going to be even more survivable, damaging and flexible, even being down a mod slot.

Meaning that, even for players that really, really like Merulina as a K-Drive, this Augment is going to be the way forward for playing Yareli at higher levels. I don't see how it couldn't be.

What I'm kicking out about is the Loki one, for his Decoy? 30 Status inflicted on every enemy, and 'reflected damage is increased by 350%'... Loki's Decoy currently doesn't 'reflect' damage. This means we may actually be getting a real Decoy update after a decade of it just falling over dead when enemies wave at it.

• Like 2

I love how no one noticed they cranked Lavos to 11 with his augment.

That being said, Yareli is now Nezha2 with this different take on Warding Halo. The fact that it casually spams Sea Snares every 2 seconds without you spending extra energy is big, considering it's multiplicative final damage. On top of that, it will probably no longer lock you from using Helminth abilities while it's up, so you could effectively run anything replacing Sea Snares, since Merulina will cast it for you anyway. Good stuff.

On 2024-02-24 at 1:53 PM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

I love how no one noticed they cranked Lavos to 11 with his augment.

I hope and pray to God the 250% elemental damage is weapon damage, like legit this is the ONLY thing I need on Lavos, I NEED IT!!!

I do agree that it would be nice to have the tap/hold for Merulina with the augment so that you still have the option to do the K-drive thing when you want to (presumably without the auto-Sea Snares).  Why?  Because fun. ^^

Il y a 2 heures, Qorvex99 a dit :

I hope and pray to God the 250% elemental damage is weapon damage, like legit this is the ONLY thing I need on Lavos, I NEED IT!!!

I fear it if the buff doesn't overwrite itself but cumulates instead. Even more so if it scales with strength.

7 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

I fear it if the buff doesn't overwrite itself but cumulates instead. Even more so if it scales with strength.

20 seconds is more than enough time to cast his abilities at least 5 times, even without Transmutation Probe.

That's like.... 1250% Elemental Damage. For very little effort mind you, it could realistically go WAY higher.
Now remember that Ocucor has homing beams that can do Status Effects of up to 4 enemies at once.
Now remember that Secondary Encumber and Galvanized Shot exist.
Now witness the power that is a full array of elements astral dumped onto the enemy.

I haven't gotten to things like Caustacyst, Exergis, Furis Incarnon, Hystrix Prime, etc, etc.
To me? There has to be a catch, that's just too powerful otherwise.

On 2024-02-24 at 12:46 AM, Lancars said:

having the added protection being on Merulina

As someone who rarely runs Merulina, every time I DO end up running her-- she feels way more vulnerable on Merulina than without.
... though, I'm also the kinda player who looks at their map constantly. So I'm usually aware of danger before danger is aware of me.

I've never found Merulina to be worth it. Besides just being completely unmoddable, it locks you to your Secondary and meshes horribly with standard maps.
I think this augment having the trade-off of Merulina not being a K-Drive allows it to be a lot more reasonably functional without it just being a band-aid.

"You don't like K-Drive? Cool, slot on this mod and change it to a summon." sounds like a perfect solution.
I sacrifice a mod slot and the K-Drive to get an automatic caster of Sea Snares.
Plus it gives me an excuse to not immediately Helminth over it with something like Vial Rush or Wrathful Advance.