Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I seem to Remember Creeping Terrify with 100% Armor Strip Could.. 100% Armor Strip?

So, doing Steel Path Tyana Pass, I recall being able to Armor Strip the Acolytes with my Nekros.

It doesn't anymore, Not even a few re-casts will Fix this Issue. I thought it was the Overshields/Overguard(?) the Acolyte has, Buuut from from testing it turns out No, it still doesn't when their shields are down. What's not 100% about 100% Armor Strip?

Also, side note. 59% Gloom Slow + 80% Creeping Terrify Slow doesn't = 139% Slow No More? I recall it used to Pause the Enemies, which is no more Powerful than say.. Revenant's Mesmer Skin + Mesmer Shield giving basically Team Immortality?

I dunno, I thought it was a Fun Combo to be able to Armor Strip and Pause Enemies, it was very energy consuming and well, pretty fun for Nekros gameplay. It even gave me a chance to use his 1st to make shadows for his changed out 4th. Why can't we have fun things?

Edited by -CM-GoodDodge
Small typo (again)

Well, it does Armor Strip, it even has the same Status name (I guess), though Frost's Armor Strip is at 160% it doesn't or shouldn't matter that Nekros' is only at 100%, because 100% is well.. 100%, that should be All Armor gone.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

And as you can see, it's not 98%, not 99.99% (Repeating of Course.), it's 100% and should act exactly the same. I don't see the Error in my Nekros Build if there is one, I see an error in Armor Reduction not working correctly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, -CM-GoodDodge said:

Well, it does Armor Strip, it even has the same Status name (I guess), though Frost's Armor Strip is at 160% it doesn't or shouldn't matter that Nekros' is only at 100%, because 100% is well.. 100%, that should be All Armor gone.

And as you can see, it's not 98%, not 99.99% (Repeating of Course.), it's 100% and should act exactly the same. I don't see the Error in my Nekros Build if there is one, I see an error in Armor Reduction not working correctly.

They're different abilities. Terrify is great against crowds of enemies but has this limitation. On the other hand, Tharros Strike, Fracturing Crush, Sonar Fracture, Pillage (after shields are depleted), Unairu, Shattering Impact and Latron incarnon do work against them, however not all of them are permanent.

• Like 4

There might be some shenanigans going on. Since certain enemies even at 16 corrosive stacks and using corrosive projection have armor. Grendel ball and regurgitate  strips armor but after few seconds it back up. Some error in script or possible changes in future. 

Or maybe need to see if armor stripped enemies have had corrosive stack, which simply ovverrides armor strip and once stack is gone it returns to armored state. Only after latest hotfix this was happening more frequent.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Enxchiol said:

IIRC Terrify's armor strip is tied to the fear CC effect, and acolytes don't get stripped because they're immune to the fear effect.

Partially true, because eximus with overguard lose armour but resist the terror status effect (since it counts as CC).

1 hour ago, VibingCat said:

They're different abilities. Terrify is great against crowds of enemies but has this limitation. On the other hand, Tharros Strike, Fracturing Crush, Sonar Fracture, Pillage (after shields are depleted), Unairu, Shattering Impact and Latron incarnon do work against them, however not all of them are permanent.

Xaku's Gaze also cannot fully strip their defenses.  It's an unclear inconsistency that is only obvious to the player if they memorize each specific interaction with each specific "boss"/ability.  In other words, it's bad game design.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Xaku's Gaze also cannot fully strip their defenses.  It's an unclear inconsistency that is only obvious to the player if they memorize each specific interaction with each specific "boss"/ability.  In other words, it's bad game design.

I fully agree! It's unpredictable.

• Like 3

For armor strip use, now I only trust 1 skill and that is styanax’s shield. (It is a helminth skill btw.) With 200 str you can strip anything, armor / shield, even with overguard on.

some armor strip skill at older frames may encounter some problems mentioned here, I think it is just spaghetti codes doing its thing.

• Like 1

As VibingCat noted, it's never worked on SP Acolytes.  (Before that, with event Acolytes, I don't know.)  The wiki does say that "Bosses are unaffected by this ability" with no further elaboration.  Terrify can strip at least some  mini-bosses like Juggernaut and Demolishers.

OTOH, almost exactly eight years ago, there's this patch note:

Update 18.5 (2016-03-04)

• Terrify will no longer fear boss-type enemies, but will continue to apply an armor reduction debuff.

I haven't found any DE documentation of a reversal of that in the wiki.

4 hours ago, Enxchiol said:

IIRC Terrify's armor strip is tied to the fear CC effect, and acolytes don't get stripped because they're immune to the fear effect.

Eximus with Overguard up are immune to the fear, but still can be stripped.  So if there's a connection, it's not straightforward.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Terrify doesn't strip armor, it's an armor reduction skill. These are not the same thing, and work in different ways.

It's wrote the Exact same as Frost's Skill, and Frost's works (if you watched the video you can see that they're wrote the exact same yet work differently,) even through over guard or over shields,

They're both wrote as Armor Reduction.

Edited by -CM-GoodDodge
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, -CM-GoodDodge said:

It's wrote the Exact same as Frost's Skill, and Frost's works (if you watched the video you can see that they're wrote the exact same yet work differently,) even through over guard or over shields,

Frost's Avalanche is armor strip. Nekros's Terrify is armor reduction.

Edited by Hexerin

23 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Terrify doesn't strip armor, it's an armor reduction skill. These are not the same thing, and work in different ways.

What's the difference?  (And please don't say, "One works on Acolytes and one doesn't." :P )

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

OBXlu8g.png

l8usDoU.png

In game, they are both described as "Armor Reduction."

Ingame tooltips are infamously wrong a whole lot of the time. You should always cross-reference with the wiki when you're learning something new. The wiki isn't infallible, of course, being maintained by players and all. However, it is generally reliable for getting actually correct information.

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

What's the difference?  (And please don't say, "One works on Acolytes and one doesn't." :P )

The most fundamental difference (and the only difference that matters to 99% of players) is that armor strip is permanent, while armor reduction is temporary. There's a bunch of other things as well, but those are source-dependent and we'd be here all day if we were to discuss it thoroughly.

6 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Ingame tooltips are infamously wrong a whole lot of the time. You should always cross-reference with the wiki when you're learning something new. The wiki isn't infallible, of course, being maintained by players and all. However, it is generally reliable for getting actually correct information.

Sure, but this is still an error that should be rectified in game, and an inconsistency that should be smoothed out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Sure, but this is still an error that should be rectified in game, and an inconsistency that should be smoothed out.

The tooltip(s) should be corrected, yes. DE won't ever do so, though.

6 hours ago, -CM-GoodDodge said:

Avalanche for the longest was a temporary armour removal , more than likely why there it is still an armour reduction in the UI 

As a point to main post , Terrify  has never reduced armour on any Acolyte , just how its always been

Edited by L115A3_XB1

23 hours ago, Hexerin said:

16 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The most fundamental difference (and the only difference that matters to 99% of players) is that armor strip is permanent, while armor reduction is temporary. There's a bunch of other things as well, but those are source-dependent and we'd be here all day if we were to discuss it thoroughly.

You're talking out of your ass. There is no such distinction to be made.

• Like 1