Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong should be buffed

28 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He doesn't need it

He really does.

• Passive - Good
  • 1 - 95% of the time it's more of a determent than it is useful
  • 2 - Good
  • 3 - Alright, but it's reliant on enemy AI/teammates cooperating. It either needs a longer duration or the ability to max it w/out enemy damage.
  • 4 - A waste of energy, just use a normal melee
Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

He really does.

• Passive - Good
  • 2 - Good
  • 3 - Alright, but it's reliant on enemy AI/teammates cooperating. It either needs a longer duration or the ability to max it w/out enemy damage.

So that's like a 2.4/5, not a great score.

He doesnt need a buff and Im wukong main. I mean, if we could get the "no ammo consumption" on clone back that would be great, but hes still S tier as it is. 1st abi basically doubles your damage without aiming (explosive and bow weapons, sniper rifles, everything) and you can press 1 to deal even more damage, all the while you can be in cloud mode where neither you nor your clone can get any damage back. 2nd abi is the best one, flying, invincibility, healing, and combination with clone make it very worthwile. 3rd is basically a duplicate of 2 but worse, but its ok to have one bad ability, especially for helminth purposes. 4th abi is useful because you dont want to use melee on wukong (so you deal more damage by using your primary gun x2). It allows you to have a melee even when you dont. Besides, with augment its very good at steel path circuit and other things. The best thing about wukong is that he has 3 very good abilities and 1 that you can easily replace with a lot of others, making wukong even better. I have 10+ configs of wukong myself, each with a different ability in place of defy.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He doesn't need it, he is strong as he is.

He got nerfed due to AFK farming IIRC

Not true wukong clone falls off in steel path his 2nd ability is good his 3rd is not good they should buff the armour buff or make it like rhino iron skin where he takes damage and builds armour and his iron staff needs a who rework 

43 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

He really does.

• Passive - Good
  • 2 - Good

U don't use wukong learn him then talk

36 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

He doesnt need a buff and Im wukong main. I mean, if we could get the "no ammo consumption" on clone back that would be great, but hes still S tier as it is. 1st abi basically doubles your damage without aiming (explosive and bow weapons, sniper rifles, everything) and you can press 1 to deal even more damage, all the while you can be in cloud mode where neither you nor your clone can get any damage back. 2nd abi is the best one, flying, invincibility, healing, and combination with clone make it very worthwile. 3rd is basically a duplicate of 2 but worse, but its ok to have one bad ability, especially for helminth purposes. 4th abi is useful because you dont want to use melee on wukong (so you deal more damage by using your primary gun x2). It allows you to have a melee even when you dont. Besides, with augment its very good at steel path circuit and other things. The best thing about wukong is that he has 3 very good abilities and 1 that you can easily replace with a lot of others, making wukong even better. I have 10+ configs of wukong myself, each with a different ability in place of defy.

Biggest capper I seen in 2024

18 minutes ago, DeathOfASaint said:

they should revert the ammo pool  nerf or let clone activate incarnon modes, shared ammo pool makes him so clunky

Ty I agree

47 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

He really does.

• Passive - Good
  • 2 - Good

Oh sorry I thought u said he doesn't mb please read this and don't get mad

53 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

He really does.

• Passive - Good
  • 2 - Good

Passive-Now that we have perma-death modes this becomes way more useful.

1-The ability that got nerfed and for a good reason I'd say. This was legitimately the highest KPS in the game you could have for a while. There are still multiple avenues you can use the twin for even with the nerfs.

2-great for spy and traversing.

3-its armor and another source of invuln I guess? Better than most Warframe's least used abilities.

4-The twin is actually really good if you give it the staff with you also wielding it. Not a "waste of energy". Why are people allergic to exalted melee weapons? Even if a normal melee still works better, exalted melee weapons are still really strong and have some tools regular melees don't like the archon stuff. It got buffed both directly and with tools you can give it. Please give the staff a chance, see that it is capable of killing enemies beyond level 100 and in Steel Path.

Wukong is a very capable frame that is able to compete in any gamemode you take it into.

Edited by Numerounius

42 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

I main wukong to I put him at the top but we can't ignore he needs a buff his clone damage is not relevant it weak and Mark and enemy over just for it to do good damage is tedious and it ai is clunky so they should fix it everything I use him in steel path it annoying I see my self only using melee just for the clone to use my gun to do little damage it a distraction I think strength should buff the clone damage or give it own config like a warframe and the ammo pool togher makes it a burden especially aoe ot should have it own and incarnation should be used with the clone like if we have are incarnation it active his and if he depleted his he has to wait until we re active it 

Cloud walker is op no changes there 

Defy is a weak ability  kindaish the armour buff is good but jut just 1500 it should go higher or defy could be used like rhino iron skin I have more ideas but I don't wanna sit here all day and type

Iron staff needs a whole ass rework 

6 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Passive-Now that we have perma-death modes this becomes way more useful.

1-The ability that got nerfed and for a good reason I'd say. This was legitimately the highest KPS in the game you could have for a while. There are still multiple avenues you can use the twin for even with the nerfs.

2-great for spy and traversing.

3-its armor and another source of invuln I guess? Better than most Warframe's least used abilities.

4-The twin is actually really good if you give it the staff with you also wielding it. Not a "waste of energy". Why are people allergic to exalted melee weapons? Even if a normal melee still works better, exalted melee weapons are still really strong and have some tools regular melees don't like the archon stuff. It got buffed both directly and with tools you can give it. Please give the staff a chance, see that it is capable of killing enemies beyond level 100 and in Steel Path.

Wukong is a very capable frame that is able to compete in any gamemode you take it into.

Nope u don't know what ur talking about the nerf to clone is bad the nerfed so hard he barely useful  iron staff clone is usless he staggers him self defy should be buff equinox and railjack call is better then the clone the ammon pool is bad defy clone and iron staff need a rework

13 minutes ago, DevouisMonkey said:

I main wukong to I put him at the top but we can't ignore he needs a buff his clone damage is not relevant it weak and Mark and enemy over just for it to do good damage is tedious and it ai is clunky so they should fix it everything I use him in steel path it annoying I see my self only using melee just for the clone to use my gun to do little damage it a distraction I think strength should buff the clone damage or give it own config like a warframe and the ammo pool togher makes it a burden especially aoe ot should have it own and incarnation should be used with the clone like if we have are incarnation it active his and if he depleted his he has to wait until we re active it 

All of what you said is an entirely YOU issue. If you dont use melee, wukong will use your primary (or secondary if you want to), that ensures good damage and gets melee out of the equation. And it also makes iron staff relevant. Secondly, if you find marking enemies tedious, then youre probably not using AOE guns, which is again just your own decision nerfing yourself to single target guns. Besides, everyone here agrees that defy is useless, so why the arent you running terrify instead of that crap on SP?

Wukong is at the very top regarding normal nodes and pretty good on SP, especially if you do what I just said. Theres no need to buff him earlier than other frames that cant even play SP without massive modding.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

17 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Even if a normal melee still works better

You answered your own question.

Please give the staff a chance, see that it is capable of killing enemies beyond level 100 and in Steel Path.

Is it viable? Yes, most things can be made to be viable. But everything is relative, and on a relative scale Iron Staff sucks.

Why would I use a no-gimmick polearm that cost energy, can't use acolyte mods, nor arcanes, has -10 mod capacity, etc... when I could just use Melee Influence/Duplicate/Vortex on an incarnon and call it a day with ~25-40% better KPS and no energy loss/energy regen prevention?

This was legitimately the highest KPS in the game you could have for a while.

Not by a long shot. Was it able to be abused by lazy people? Yes. But it had no where near the best KPS in the game.

There are still multiple avenues you can use the twin for even with the nerfs.

You have to sacrifice 2 out of your 3 weapons for it to be good. You have to unequip a melee and you have to use a primary that works with the clone, which likely isn't the actual primary you want to use.

Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

You answered your own question.

Multiple things can be true! Both are strong in their own right.

6 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Is it viable? Yes, most things can be made to be viable. But everything is relative, and on a relative scale Iron Staff sucks.

Why would I use a no-gimmick polearm that cost energy, can't use acolyte mods, nor arcanes, -10 mod capacity, etc... when I could just like Melee Influence/Duplicate/Vortex on an incarnon and call it a day with ~25-40% better KPS and no energy loss?

Archon shards, giving a twin a cool weapon to wield. Giving myself a weapon that can kill every single enemy presented. etc. Even at its base of being a strong weapon is still enough to take on content you present it with. Trying to compare it to an incarnon with melee duplicate is vastly overkill and not a good baseline for comparison. The capacity and lack of certain mods isn't holding it back, you are still able to put a full build on it. There are a dozen ways to offset the energy loss in Warframe now and is hardly a factor into using something with constant energy drain.

7 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Not by a long shot. Was it able to be abused by lazy people? Yes. But it had no where near the best KPS in the game.

Well it did get nerfed now didn't it? Without needing to reload and having no ammo capacity the time was capable of firing off bomblets 24/7. It was way too strong and killed anything that got close. It just steamrolled content in the game, now mind you there have been some things that have changed in the game since it did get nerfed which may affect the perception of how the changes performed.

9 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

You have to sacrifice 2 out of your 3 weapons for it to be good. You have to unequip a melee and you have to use a primary that works with the clone, which likely isn't the actual primary you want to use.

You cast the twin and let it do its work. Don't have to tend to it for it to provide value, yes there are ways if you want to min-max its usage like using the staff but simply having it out is enough.

11 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Trying to compare it to an incarnon with melee duplicate is vastly overkill and not a good baseline for comparison.

That's just a really bad take. You can like it/be content with it all you want, but stay grounded in reality. Especially if your point is to try and change other side's opinion to match your own.

14 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

The capacity and lack of certain mods isn't holding it back, you are still able to put a full build on it.

An example build. You need 8/9 slots polarized correctly, including the exilus slot, including 2 umbral formas, and that 9th slot has to have no polarity or the correct one. And technically I could have made a more expensive build, but this is a good example of a realistic build.

Iron Staff example build

1 hour ago, MaxTunnerX said:

All of what you said is an entirely YOU issue. If you dont use melee, wukong will use your primary (or secondary if you want to), that ensures good damage and gets melee out of the equation. And it also makes iron staff relevant. Secondly, if you find marking enemies tedious, then youre probably not using AOE guns, which is again just your own decision nerfing yourself to single target guns. Besides, everyone here agrees that defy is useless, so why the arent you running terrify instead of that crap on SP?

Wukong is at the very top regarding normal nodes and pretty good on SP, especially if you do what I just said. Theres no need to buff him earlier than other frames that cant even play SP without massive modding.

It not a me problem I use are but wukong clone once again doesn't do good Damage with doesn't weapons smd well the ammo nerf I never said I use single target guns and wukong using melee is straight bad two and there different ways to build him not just once wukong terrify combo will do good damage but it boring and is it survivable no show me ur build?

21 minutes ago, DevouisMonkey said:

It not a me problem I use are but wukong clone once again doesn't do good Damage with doesn't weapons smd well the ammo nerf I never said I use single target guns and wukong using melee is straight bad two and there different ways to build him not just once wukong terrify combo will do good damage but it boring and is it survivable no show me ur build?

There is literally no way that you use wukong with double AOE guns and terrify and using the 1st ability and still finding it underpowered, thats what Im saying. If you find it boring, thats fine, but this combo is definitely not underpowered.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

On 2024-02-25 at 10:06 PM, MaxTunnerX said:

There is literally no way that you use wukong with double AOE guns and terrify and using the 1st ability and still finding it underpowered, thats what Im saying. If you find it boring, thats fine, but this combo is definitely not underpowered.

See you literally have to subsume for terrify to get wuclone damage up and double aoe is unreliable because he waste all the ammo so he needs his own ammo pool and it not about being boring about being versital you clearly don't know what ur saying cuz think about strength requirements and the range that takes of survablity mods

59 minutes ago, DevouisMonkey said:

See you literally have to subsume for terrify to get wuclone damage up and double aoe is unreliable because he waste all the ammo so he needs his own ammo pool and it not about being boring about being versital you clearly don't know what ur saying cuz think about strength requirements and the range that takes of survablity mods

Bruh, how much ammo do you need? I have 71 explosive grenades in my tonkor and the only thing I need to have with me is carrier, often not even that.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

• 1 month later...
On 2024-02-25 at 3:03 PM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Put two green shards for extra corro stacks and watch magic happen.

Does this work for when the clone is shooting? will the green shards still work?

il y a 6 minutes, hdip621 a dit :

Does this work for when the clone is shooting? will the green shards still work?

Short answer : Yes. You're still the "source" of the procs. Companions do not work in this fashion however, they do not inherit your green shards, the Celestial Twin, however, does.

Longer answer : Yes, but...

It's only as reliable as your weapon is at inflicting corrosive procs. The clone's damage itself is basically "non existant" (on non primed enemies) unless you press 1 on a target to mark them for your clone. That being said, if you do want your clone to deal good damage, make him use the Iron Staff (though that means you're also draining energy constantly and locked out of your default melee). I've modded mine as follows : Condition Overload; Organ Shatter; Primed Reach; Quickening; Virulent Scourge + Voltaic Strike forming the Corrosive element, Sacrificial Steel and lastly, Molten Impact for some heat.

On his own, at 276% strength, 2 corro shards and 3 melee crit damage shards (no tauforged), the clone takes about 40 seconds to clear a group of SP lvl 225 Corrupted Heavy Gunners, and taking about 10 less seconds for the Grineer battlegroup in the simulacrum, Murmur battlegroup get completely shattered, the Corpus battlegroup gets anihilated within 10 seconds, Infested battlegroup is obviously not a match, Sentients somehow get bodied despite the adaptation, Corrupted battlegroup gets destroyed the fastest somehow.

You still should be fighting along with your clone, don't let him do all the work, that said he's still quite good at his job, though he kind of has issues with melee attack speed and range, it seems he kinda doesn't understand he can attack from further away than sack sniffing range (though he'll definitely get kills on enemies too tightly packed through extra modded range).

Hopefully this answers your question.

On 2024-02-25 at 7:54 PM, KitMeHarder said:

He really does.

• Passive - Good
  • 2 - Good

1-good. Can be used to bypass certain EDA debuffs. No need for buffs.

2-silly good. Yeah.. no buffs here.

3. FREE SUBSUME SLOT. Perfection, no buffs needed!

4. Exalted lolstick that can ignore any and all weapon loadout randomizers?!? 

What u wanna buff here exactly? the boi's good. 

Its all in how u use and build him.