Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the grind for Kullervo is absurd !

so i was hoping the event for Kullervo would have came back by now, but since it hasn't, i decided to go back and try to gather the materials i needed to build Kullervo. but then i find out, some of the materials only drop if the Kullervo bounty triggers. which seems like it's a pretty rare occurrence, and i think That definitely needs some attention. perhaps a higher chance for it to trigger during certain spirals ? and also why is it only during stage 5 ? why not stage 1, then we could get specialized groups together, go in and see if the first stage is Kullervo or not, if not then we just leave and come back. i had gotten all the parts shorty after the update dropped, and still haven't built him yet.

Kulervo can be fought during any spiral his hold exists in (Fear, Anger, and Sorrow). Provided you're in duviri experience, not lone story, so you can go do side objectives.

If it's one of the stages, it won't let you do it as a side objective. If it's not a stage, then it will.

Do all the stages up to when you're able to take the orvius to fight the worm, if it hasn't shown up as a stage objective by then, don't take the orvius yet and just go to the hold to fight kulervo before spawning the worm. (I don't trust side objectives giving you rewards after you kill the worm because some of them just don't)

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

Kullervo's bane always drops when you fight Kullervo. Do Steel Path if you want to do fewer fights. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kullervo's_Bane

As stated above you can fight him even if he is not a part of the bounty itself as long as you do not play lone story mode. On average you should expect 9 normal or 7 SP kullervo fights to obtain the required Kullervo's Bane (excluding the rauta). This means it is pretty much normal compared to other warframes. You could argue that having to do all the other Duviri stuff makes the grind longer... but you need to farm a lot more pathos clamps than you need kullervo's bane.

In all honesty, even if you only fight him when he is part of the bounty and without steel path modifier... you are likely to have 2 kullervo's crafted and a rauta before you are done grinding pathos clamps.

I see Kullervo as a nice side objective, I usually fight him when I can, sometimes just to break the pace a little between the 3 undercroft portals for duviri acranes.

TL;DR; No the grind is pretty much normal for a warfame. Do Steel Path if you want to do less (only if your gear selection is decent for orowyrm)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

? Kullervo's hold is there every other spiral (so half of the time), and it can be done as side objective too

1 hour ago, Reactions_with_will said:

what do you mean as a side objective ?

Those side objectives (also seen as bounties for completion of Duviri Experience) are pretty rare to come across as I've yet to get any of them when I'm farming the missions.  Hell, I get Kaithe race more commonly than those bounties/side objectives for Kullervo's hold.  Even on Steel Path. 

54 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Those side objectives (also seen as bounties for completion of Duviri Experience) are pretty rare to come across as I've yet to get any of them when I'm farming the missions.  Hell, I get Kaithe race more commonly than those bounties/side objectives for Kullervo's hold.  Even on Steel Path. 

The side objective for Kullervo is absolutely the same as the Kullervo's main objective. Just go to the hold and talk to the guy. I don't think we're talking about the same thing there

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

what can you do when it's "sorrow", you done all sidequests before summoning oroworm and there is still no warden to start the fight? farming sucks for me in this case.. yesterday one run was successful.. today none :(

Am 4.3.2024 um 10:12 schrieb Reactions_with_will:

so i was hoping the event for Kullervo would have came back by now, but since it hasn't, i decided to go back and try to gather the materials i needed to build Kullervo. but then i find out, some of the materials only drop if the Kullervo bounty triggers. which seems like it's a pretty rare occurrence, and i think That definitely needs some attention. perhaps a higher chance for it to trigger during certain spirals ? and also why is it only during stage 5 ? why not stage 1, then we could get specialized groups together, go in and see if the first stage is Kullervo or not, if not then we just leave and come back. i had gotten all the parts shorty after the update dropped, and still haven't built him yet.

I would take it easy. then the mats come on their own. and bile or these strange plants are also needed.
I farmed 2 sets very loosely and am not a fan of duviri exp at all. so played on the side now and then...