Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Add Other Ways to Get Conclave Standing/Cosmetics

SylvanEvergreen

So, I just got a Kuva Tonkor, but its base skin is kinda bad for my  loadouts. I looked on the wiki and saw that Conclave gave a skin for it. I haven't played Conclave in so long, so I thought "eh, sure, let's give it a shot."

It took me an extremely long time to find even a single other person to play against, and even then they left after loading into the match. I literally got up and warmed up a bowl of leftover tomato soup and came back to still waiting to find a single other player in free-for-all. So that sucked.

But what was even worse was that I finally did find the one match of Conclave that was going on. It had about 6 other people who clearly did nothing but sweat Conclave—bullet-jumping around like monkeys after a quintuple shot of espresso. Apparently it's some sort of dedicated server hosted by their group, and they were exceedingly unfriendly. I dared to use a random weapon that I had equipped—the Sigma & Octantis—and after getting a single kill with it some guy in the chat was like ">sigma and octantis. bye" and kicked me from the server. No warning or anything, just insta-booted. I messaged him afterwards and asked if I was kicked from the match for using the weapon, and he was like, "yeah that's your fault for not visiting our website and looking at our banned weapons list."

So the only way you can play Conclave nowadays is by rubbing elbows with toxic sweaty elitists that host the only Conclave server—the Warframe equivalent of TacoBot, if any of you are familiar with Team Fortress 2's MvM community.

Please add some other way to get the Conclave weapon skins and cosmetics. No one should be forced to torture themselves with the Conclave community long enough to get standing rank 5 and then 50,000 standing for every weapon skin. Conclave was bad enough back in the day, but now that it's taken over by rude gate-keepers it's so much worse.

(I fully acknowledge that this thread will do nothing. I guess I just needed to vent a bit.)

• Like 8

It's so funny how personally you're taking it. 

You're not entitled to jack. Not to strangers' handholding kindness nor some old skins you're Karen'ing your little heart out over. 

You used an overtuned weapon without knowing and got kicked from a server for it. That's understandably upsetting. But just like how you're demanding friendliness from strangers, you could practice that yourself instead of lashing out, labeling anybody who isn't greeting you with customer service as gatekeepers? 

It would be nice if the ban list was immediately visible, but DE doesn't allow enough characters in the MOTD section.

It would be nice if these weapons weren't so grossly overtuned, but DE doesn't do the bare minimum maintenance, not even decreasing some numbers on a spreadsheet.

It would be nice if we could browse and choose servers since there ARE North American servers without said ban list, but DE can't be bothered to put in the most basic UI features. 

If PVE players could direct their grievances at the actual cause instead of lashing out at other players they deem as acceptable punching bags, maybe I wouldn't hold them in such contempt. 

Edited by BansheeAndZephyrMarried
  • Like 2

DE should do things to encourage conclave gameplay, not ways to make it even more irrelevant than it is now.

11 hours ago, SylvanEvergreen said:

I dared to use a random weapon that I had equipped—the Sigma & Octantis—and after getting a single kill with it some guy in the chat was like ">sigma and octantis. bye" and kicked me from the server. No warning or anything, just insta-booted. I messaged him afterwards and asked if I was kicked from the match for using the weapon, and he was like, "yeah that's your fault for not visiting our website and looking at our banned weapons list."

This is all a blatant lie. Players can host servers but have no way to kick anyone joining to it.

• Like 1

On 2024-03-08 at 3:34 PM, rapt0rman said:

Not going to bother touching on the rest, but It certainly is unfortunate that some of the coolest skins in the game are locked behind a forgotten, functionally impossible grind.

It's only impossible to the people who don't bother putting in the effort to even try.

As for

On 2024-03-08 at 3:49 AM, SylvanEvergreen said:

But what was even worse was that I finally did find the one match of Conclave that was going on. It had about 6 other people who clearly did nothing but sweat Conclave—bullet-jumping around like monkeys after a quintuple shot of espresso. Apparently it's some sort of dedicated server hosted by their group, and they were exceedingly unfriendly. I dared to use a random weapon that I had equipped—the Sigma & Octantis—and after getting a single kill with it some guy in the chat was like ">sigma and octantis. bye" and kicked me from the server. No warning or anything, just insta-booted. I messaged him afterwards and asked if I was kicked from the match for using the weapon, and he was like, "yeah that's your fault for not visiting our website and looking at our banned weapons list."

You came into the match with an overtuned weapon, rightfully banned via community vote and when I did message you about it and how to check the list, you started being toxic lol. I did not kick you from the server, the server itself does that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Okami_Amaterasu said:

It's only impossible to the people who don't bother putting in the effort to even try.

On the contrary, I've been trying off-and-on for as long as Conclave has been around. You need 370,000 standing to max before even counting what you need to actually buy stuff, the missions give you barely a fraction of that, In order to get anything of value you need to run at least 20 missions a week with a 3:10 win ratio, the missions are 10 minute long slogs, and you're lucky if you get enough people to get anything done.

Unless you genuinely enjoy what Conclave has to offer (which I don't) it does everything in its power to make it as hard as possible to want to keep going.

Edited by rapt0rman
  • Like 3

I'm gonna be a realist here.

I'm max rank, used to play Conclave regularly — got all the cosmetics back in the day.

But people tend to forget that, back then, Conclave was severely imbalanced. Nobody "earned" these rewards, it was all about who could abuse something better, or simply had the patience to deal with it.

Now, especially with crossplay in the mix making matches severely unfair for controller players, and functionally impossible farming methods due to a dead playerbase, I'd say the population at large deserves an alternative method of obtaining them, because I personally have no hope of Conclave being revitalized.

That said: the Conclave community (on the forums especially) are stupidly toxic, so try to take some responses here with a grain of salt. They are fighting for scraps and are desperate for exclusivity. Bottom of the barrel individuals far removed from reality thanks to private servers and weapon "ban lists" that detatch the meager PVP community even further.

They love to make fun of the PVE community but while PVE continues to grow, PVP only becomes more desolate.

If you wanna run totally fair 1v1's and complete some challenges in a totally legitimate manner for standing, I'd be happy to help!

Edited by Dubsurf123
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

We used to have universal medallions work for conclave but they nerfed that over a tweet from someone who was just rank 3 on the conclave complaining that it was unfair to the people who actually grinded conclave lol

• Like 2

On 2024-03-10 at 4:10 PM, Okami_Amaterasu said:

As for

You came into the match with an overtuned weapon, rightfully banned via community vote and when I did message you about it and how to check the list, you started being toxic lol. I did not kick you from the server, the server itself does that.

How do you check the list? Could you provide a link?

• 6 months later...

So I'm not the only one who'd like some of the conclave skins. Issue is the gamemode is so dead I can't even find people to just blast through the challanges with it. Honestly with how dead the PvP is I don't see why the conclave's stuff couldn't be moved to steal path at least. You're more likely to have people play SP for them than a game mode even the devs won't support.