Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dante Unbound - Dev Workshop: Inaros Rework

8 hours ago, Mayhem-Ivory said:

Not entirely true. While niche, I tried putting Marked for Death on him to fill out his lack of room-clear abilities, and the 10 dps true damage ticks trigger it. So you can't use it with finishers to deal AoE damage.

Now this might not be neccessary after the rework, and would already have been mediocre after the Marked for Death nerf, but it does stand out as an option being taken away because of that useless function.

I mean, not entirely useless (it can be a nice subsume heal for low HP frames that need the stun), but I wasn't even aware of this interraction ... mostly because I haven't touched Marked for Death more than twice. But I've edited my initial post to include this.

• Like 1

On 2024-03-13 at 6:57 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Inaros' special bleedout state where he could pull enemies toward his Sarcophagus and leech their Health has been replaced: When Inaros dies, he turns into a Sand version of himself with normal movement and a Melee attack. Land a certain number of hits on enemies before time runs out in order to respawn -- but the more often you die, the more enemies you have to hit

I don't know how to feel. The previous death passive was cool in concept but bad in execution, this one feels not cool in concept but good in execution. We traded a sarcophagus that channel life from his enemies to a space mummy that slaps enemies to revive himself? At least give him a weapon like a sand khopesh or a sicle!

For the rest of the rework, nice job DE! Inaros finally feels good and funny to use, at least on paper. I'm gonna use him even more now, i'm so happy!

On 2024-03-13 at 8:57 PM, [DE]Megan said:

The "Negation Swarm" Augment Mod has been retired, its special effect is now part of the base ability: While Scarab Shell is active, hostile Status Effects are ignored at a small cost in Armor.

I wish i could reverse this one - constantly charging it is annoying, especially if i have already blocking of status important effects without is(Prime SureFooted and Arcane Nullifier).

That "small cost" accumulates very fast in real missions.

1 hour ago, Zilotz said:

I wish i could reverse this one - constantly charging it is annoying, especially if i have already blocking of status important effects without is(Prime SureFooted and Arcane Nullifier).

That "small cost" accumulates very fast in real missions.

Uhh, so ... about that ... Scarab Shell's negation triggers before sources such as [Primed Sure Footed], so that's not really going to help. Also, the Status Protection lasts for roughly 3 seconds (from what I've been able to tell). Given that it drains an un-scaling 5% of your Scarab Shell with each negation, it will last for 20 activations, giving you a rough minimum of 60 seconds. It's also unaffected by Nullifier bubbles, so there's that at least.

I'm not sure if it triggers before or after [Arcane Nullifier], but that should be fairly easy to check (summon some Hollow Vein units in the Simulacrum and see if your shell gets depleted (assuming you have a max rank [Arcane Nullifier], which I don't (and thus cant check myself))).

So, really, this provides 60+ seconds of Status Immunity, which is actually pretty good (compare it to the other methods of attaining Status Immunity). The main downside is that is has priority activation, so [Primed Sure Footed] (and I imagine the resistance arcanes) are basically useless at minimising the drain. If they simply had it apply it's negation after a check for other means of status negation, then it would be so much better. It does make me curious about how he would function with Spellbind or Hideous Resistance. Would Scarab Shell deplete or would Hideous Resistance deplete (or both), and would Spellbind completely prevent the drain, or would it's own immunity be functionally pointless until you lost the shell? Granted, I could check these, but I'm not that curious yet.  

• Like 1

• [DE]Zach unpinned and unfeatured this topic

The old coffin passive was useless indeed because the damage is so low and not scaling to anything.

The new passive is good at concept, but also rather useless, as the attack speed is too slow and the meter also fills too slow, and again its not scaling to anything.

I wish Inaros can get last gasp like other frames, its much much much more useful and dependable

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I must agree that the new coffin mechanic is weaksauce, especially against flying enemies. should revert to the old one just increase the damage a bit to help it along. the new one has too many issues to address

So there was never a dev workshop, that I saw, that was for the (in)visibility changes for frames like Ivara and Loki.. It is such a great idea but I have to ask why it wasn't made into an accessibility setting instead of occupying an attachment slot? Ivara, Stalk from the Huras Kubrow, and Ghost from Shade all have the opportunity to turn other warframes/non stealth included warframes invisible. Its a really awesome feature but I feel like restricting it to certain warframes is almost an entire tragedy when you look at all of the situations where outliers are affected and start to realize just how common the issue may be. Perfect example is I remember when I used to farm hydroid often and we'd have, somewhat regularly, ivara players hitting us with invisibility arrows. It was nice to be "in plain site" in that instance but now I ask why cant we have this feature universally as a setting instead of an attachment.

Yes, I am sure I am missing some other stealth that isn't inherent to a frame and I apologize, feel free to correct me on anything that's missing and I will add it in an edit.