Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dante Unbound - Dev Workshop: Inaros Rework

SANDSTORM (was Devour)

• Devour has been removed entirely and replaced by an improved Sandstorm.

• Inaros becomes a Sandstorm whirlwind, now with faster animations and movement, so it feels less punishing.

• Inaros is now invulnerable while in Sandstorm.

• Sandstorm now has a duration instead of being a channeled power. (Will not block Energy Regeneration while in Sandstorm mode). You can still choose to end the power early if you like.

• Instead of throwing enemies everywhere around the level, it drags enemies beneath your feet so you can use Melee Ground Finishers if you choose.

• Inaros regenerates Health per second for each enemy held in his Sandstorm.

INAROS AUGMENT CHANGES

• Elemental Sandstorm: No changes!

I gather there's no damage changes for sandstorm? If so - then this ability goes straight into the replace bin, same as pre-rework. The 500 damage/second simply wasn't enough to do anything substantial in the current state of warframe. The augment is hella jank too. It adds the chance to proc from modded melee status pool, but nothing else. Maybe make it so certain melee damage mods would carry over into sandstorm as well? Or at least add maximum health -> damage scaling that is being added to the new 4?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kirost said:

I gather there's no damage changes for sandstorm? If so - then this ability goes straight into the replace bin, same as pre-rework. The 500 damage/second simply wasn't enough to do anything substantial in the current state of warframe. The augment is hella jank too. It adds the chance to proc from modded melee status pool, but nothing else. Maybe make it so certain melee damage mods would carry over into sandstorm as well? Or at least add maximum health -> damage scaling that is being added to the new 4?

IIRC, Pablo mentioned a damage tune-up in the devstream. Even without, not sure this is an insta-subsume yet; it looked like a pretty great movement ability.

• Like 3

My only concern is that it is not explicitly stated that the heal is being preserved from his 4. Would really like for their to be multiple ways to heal in his kit other than his 2 hope this makes it into the final build.

• Like 4

As I've said in the past on this, it looks like his kit isn't damaged, but I think these aren't the type of tweaks I was pushing for on the whole. At least it won't stop me from using Inaros... so I'll continue to play Warframe.

6 minutes ago, Taloh said:

My only concern is that it is not explicitly stated that the heal is being preserved from his 4. Would really like for their to be multiple ways to heal in his kit other than his 2 hope this makes it into the final build.

He'll have the heal from his finishers as well. So that's at least two ways to heal. Can't remember if the 4 still heals or not

This is certainly a marked improvement on Inaros from before.

At first I wondered why the Sand Kavats were even included, until I remembered that part of the issue with Shadows-type summons is that enemy units aren't usually designed to kill their own, and are often less effective as a result; this allows Inaros to standardize the output of his minions, and even play to the weaknesses of certain factions.
I wonder if the Sand Kavats will scale their level with that of the enemy killed? Or just be immune to damage and purely sources of spreading the swarm?

I have three big concerns though:

1. The Negation Armor augment may very well become mandatory for Inaros at higher stages of play. Presently he has the same issue that early Kullervo had, where you can theoretically build up enough amount of health and damage reduction to survive 95% of attacks, but still have the possibility of being completely surprised and one-shot by higher level enemies without any kind of Shield- or Overguard-Gate.

2. The lack of synergy with Desiccation.
    Right now Inaros has three different abilities that accomplish largely the same task - draining health from enemies to restore his own - which makes parts of his kit a bit redundant. The functions of some of his abilities outright negate those of Desiccation.
    For instance, Sandstorm now has the advantage of acting as a gathering tool for enemies, but the fact that it ends in a knockdown means you can't really follow-up with Desiccation to take advantage of said gathering. Your options are ground finishers (which already activate his passive) or Scarab Swarm.
    I also can't really see a situation where you might want to combine Scarab Swarm with Desiccation either? I suppose Desiccation might be a quick way to activate Scarab Swarm's "on kill" effect, but I would worry that an alternative stun, multiple sources of periodic damage, or the Kavats running around may negate the finisher opening.
    At this point the only purposes for the continued existence of Desiccation are (A) for his passive (which now interacts with Sandstorm reliably), or (B) for the Pocket Sand memes and concerns about how changing the Helminth will affect other frames.

3. The usability of Desiccation, in a vacuum.
    The good news is that attention is being drawn to how some enemies simply can't receive Stealth Finishers, and this goes across the board for all frames, which is great. But, of all the abilities that induce Stealth Finishers, Desiccation is by far the most frustrating and unreliable to use.
    First off, Desiccation is one of the only remaining Blinds that requires the enemy to be facing you at the moment of casting in order to be opened to the Finisher; Radial Blind, for instance, only requires enemies be in line-of-sight or aware of you within the last few seconds to be affected, no facing requirements. This will especially be awkward when enemies are now all plopped on the floor facing in random directions when they stand up after a Sandstorm.
    There's no visible effect when enemies are actually blinded to discern that they're now vulnerable, either; since they all get staggered and DoT'd up regardless, you'll only know you were successful at Blinding them when you get close enough to cause a prompt. Or, you know, get shot a bunch.
    Second, the fact that it has a facing requirement is especially awkward when some enemies are only vulnerable to Finishers from behind. Countless players have run up to a target they blinded, attempted to Stealth Finish them, and simply bumped into them or melee attacked them out of the Blind. You're expected to Blind them from the front, run all the way around, and stab them in the back in a short window?
    I've also noticed a rather inconsistent issue, I think, where the DoT component of the effect can stagger enemies out of the Finisher prompt on its own? Which if that is the case, makes the ability inherently broken.
    Finally, as an actual source of self-healing... why? The healing it gives is weaker than a Rejuvenation aura, and frames with it as their Helminth can't take advantage of his passive. They're universally better off using Radial Blind or Silence for finishers, or any of a half-dozen alternative Helminths like Gloom or Reave for self-healing.

Obviously I'll need to test it out firsthand to cast judgements, maybe some of these have already been addressed and are just unmentioned here. Inaros has just been in this boat for so long that we're getting uncannily aware of the leaks in it.

• Like 5

"The "Negation Swarm" Augment Mod has been retired, its special effect is now part of the base ability: While Scarab Shell is active, hostile Status Effects are ignored at a small cost in Armor."

You love to see it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The "Negation Swarm" Augment Mod has been retired, its special effect is now part of the base ability: While Scarab Shell is active, hostile Status Effects are ignored at a small cost in Armor.

rip free grace procs from toxin/slash DoT

• Like 1

15 часов назад, NeoSylv сказал:

Do the sand attacks from his new passive inherit the mods from your equipped melee weapon?

"Land a certain number of hits on enemies before time runs out in order to respawn". Hits, not damage. So I suppose not.

• Like 1

I’ve never used Inaros, but this seems really interesting. Including his reworked augments he now has several options for survivability and you’ve given him some potential I-frames. Now I’m looking forward to adding this guy to my collection!

Keep up the hard work everyone!

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

INAROS AUGMENT CHANGES

• Desiccation's Curse: Instead of enemies turning into a sandy copy of their former selves on death, they become Swarm Kavats capable of applying Scarab Swarm on their targets.

•  

• Enemies that die while affected by Scarab Swarm turn into a Swarm Kavat (maximum 3 Swarm Kavats, but can be increased to 5 with the Desiccation’s Curse Augment).

Is Desication cures augment modable (e.g. increase Kawats more damage, more kawats etc)?

Does it still applies 2x damage to ALL KAWATS?

12 hours ago, Archwizard said:

Second, the fact that it has a facing requirement is especially awkward when some enemies are only vulnerable to Finishers from behind. Countless

First off, Desiccation is one of the only remaining Blinds that requires the enemy to be facing you at the moment of casting in order to be opened to the Finisher;

The lack of synergy with Desiccation.
Right now Inaros has three different abilities that accomplish largely the same task - draining health from enemies to restore his own - which makes parts of his kit a bit redundant. The functions of some of his abilities outright negate those of Desiccation.
For instance, Sandstorm now has the advantage of acting as a gathering tool for enemies, but the fact that it ends in a knockdown means you can't really follow-up with Desiccation to take advantage of said gathering. Your options are ground finishers (which already activate his passive) or Scarab Swarm.
I also can't really see a situation where you might want to combine Scarab Swarm with Desiccation either? I suppose Desiccation might be a quick way to activate Scarab Swarm's "on kill" effect, but I would worry that an alternative stun, multiple sources of periodic damage, or the Kavats running around may negate the finisher opening.
At this point the only purposes for the continued existence of Desiccation are (A) for his passive (which now interacts with Sandstorm reliably), or (B) for the Pocket Sand memes and concerns about how changing the Helminth will affect other frames.

This is sadly what makes 1st ability not great. It's hard to do finishers. I think they should add heavy attacks as well.

Still "facing part" is bad. It should be all enemies.

SCARAB SWARM

• On cast, enemies in a cone are attacked by scarabs that do 1/10th of Inaros Max Health as Corrosive damage per second.

Was this changed? I think DE/Pablo said about damage per tick not per second. Or did I understood it incorrectly?

Does it applies status as well? So we can for example put corrosive archon shard for armor stripping?

• Like 2

Looking great over here. I wonder if the 4th skill also scales with Ability Strength. I hope someone can enlighten me about "hostile status effects". Are they status effects solely from enemies? Are explosions or AoE weapon effects that can cause knockback counted in these "hostile status effects"?

Overall. Thanks for taking the time to make Inaros better and thanks DE for still closely listening to the player base! Much love to you all DE team!

Il y a 23 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

SCARAB SWARM

•  

• On cast, enemies in a cone are attacked by scarabs that do 1/10th of Inaros Max Health as Corrosive damage per second.

1/10th of max hp as damage..  isn't this a nerf to the ability ? Or is ability strength factored in ?

• Like 1

On 2024-03-13 at 5:57 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • The "Negation Swarm" Augment Mod has been retired, its special effect is now part of the base ability: While Scarab Shell is active, hostile Status Effects are ignored at a small cost in Armor.

This might be asking for a lot, but I don't suppose we could get some sort or form of toggle for this? The reason I never used Negation Swarm's augment is because I liked having the Armor maxed out at all times.

I am in favor of Negation Swarm being part of the base kit but personally I wouldn't mind turning off the immunity to keep the armor.

• Like 1

This seems like it'd be great for players new to it or who didn't like Inaros before, but I'mma be honest and say that I have a few things I am not a big fan of.

Notably, I am not a fan of loosing armor to status being the default mostly just cause I have a build where the status doesn't matter to begin with so it's just a small trickle of armor loss cause of it. I will also miss Inaros' second ability cause it was nice to use to kinda just go afk for a second with out worry and also cause allies could also use it. Another thing is changing sandstorm to duration from channeling I am not the biggest fan of as well. Additionally splitting the fourth into two abilities makes sense, but with the number of held/tap abilities out there now in Warframe I feel like it'd be more understandable, especially if you gave some way to show that it has different effects.

Although the changes to the Spectres and Inaros' bleedout passive are VERY nice. Plus Sandstorm not YEETING everything away from you.

On 2024-03-13 at 12:57 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Armor has been increased from 240 to 350 and scales with Ability Strength.

Also, Wasn't the armor you gained based on a percent of the armor you have already? (In pre-rework Inaros)

• Like 2

I hope these sandy cats properly scale with enemy level. If not enough to enable an Inaros Infection summoner build, at least enough for them to successfully distract and infect enemies without insta dying.

Would be pretty lame to buff Decoy into an actual useable ability, just to have Inaros’ kitties be as bad as Decoy currently is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Wolf_Studios said:

Also, Wasn't the armor you gained based on a percent of the armor you have already? (In pre-rework Inaros)

Pre-rework you only had a 240 armor boost unaffected by anything, 240 is his base armor which is pretty bad for a health tanker. It is not written here but a touch up on that would be cool as well maybe increase his base armor to 240 as well ?

• Like 2

On 2024-03-13 at 2:25 PM, SteveCutler said:

So how many cats can we have now? Four Inaros' in the squad, each running the augment = 20 Sand Kavats. Each one with a Kavat in the companion slot = 24 Kavats. Each one running Duplex Bond = 36 Kavats?

Additionally, can we change their cosmetics? I'm glad that we can finally have a Sphynx-esque cat via the Kalymos kit as an Inaros companion, but I need to have an army of them, specifically.

Otherwise, very exciting changes! Great that it looks like there'll actually be incentive to use more than half of Inaros's kit, especially with how fun it is to mega tank.