Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dante Unbound - Dev Workshop: Inaros Rework

2bf3e779844d8e505691431a7ef4bda4.jpg

Hello, Tenno!

Devstream #177 outlined our plans for the upcoming Inaros Rework in the Dante Unbound update. We wanted to provide this Dev Workshop to house the information and note some development tweaks we have made since the Devstream. Let’s begin!

Upon downloading Dante Unbound and logging in, all players will receive an Inbox message containing 2x Forma (built) that can be used (at your discretion) towards experimenting with these upcoming changes.

For my visual learning Tenno - please enjoy this video breakdown from Lead Game Designer, Pablo, which we showed on Devstream 177: 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2071736679 

PASSIVE

• Inaros still heals from performing Melee Finisher Kills on enemies. This is unchanged.

• Inaros' special bleedout state where he could pull enemies toward his Sarcophagus and leech their Health has been replaced: When Inaros dies, he turns into a Sand version of himself with normal movement and a Melee attack. Land a certain number of hits on enemies before time runs out in order to respawn -- but the more often you die, the more enemies you have to hit!

via GIPHY

DESICCATION 

Largely unchanged, but we have fixed issues with certain enemies not being vulnerable to Melee Finishers! Now, this should be more consistent.

• Desiccation is now Inaros’ Railjack Ability (was previously Devour). 

via GIPHY

SANDSTORM (was Devour)

• Devour has been removed entirely and replaced by an improved Sandstorm.

• Inaros becomes a Sandstorm whirlwind, now with faster animations and movement, so it feels less punishing.

• Inaros is now invulnerable while in Sandstorm.

• Sandstorm now has a duration instead of being a channeled power. (Will not block Energy Regeneration while in Sandstorm mode). You can still choose to end the power early if you like.

• Instead of throwing enemies everywhere around the level, it drags enemies beneath your feet so you can use Melee Ground Finishers if you choose.

• Inaros regenerates Health per second for each enemy held in his Sandstorm.

via GIPHY

SCARAB SHELL

• Inaros' fourth ability has been split into two different abilities that are easier to use and reflect its two main features.

• Scarab Shell can be charged up by spending Health to give you Armor. There is now a unique indicator on your HUD that shows the current charge level of Scarab Shell.

• Charging Scarab Shell no longer stops you from moving around.

• Armor has been increased from 240 to 350 and scales with Ability Strength.

• The "Negation Swarm" Augment Mod has been retired, its special effect is now part of the base ability: While Scarab Shell is active, hostile Status Effects are ignored at a small cost in Armor.

• Please see “Augment Changes” below for more info on the retired Negation Swarm.

via GIPHY

SCARAB SWARM

• Scarab Swarm no longer requires you to charge up the ability by investing Health.

• On cast, enemies in a cone are attacked by scarabs that do 1/10th of Inaros Max Health as Corrosive damage per second.

• Enemies that die while affected by Scarab Swarm turn into a Swarm Kavat (maximum 3 Swarm Kavats, but can be increased to 5 with the Desiccation’s Curse Augment).

• Swarm Kavats can move and attack independently, and their attacks cause additional enemies to be afflicted by the Swarm.

via GIPHY

INAROS AUGMENT CHANGES

• Desiccation's Curse: Instead of enemies turning into a sandy copy of their former selves on death, they become Swarm Kavats capable of applying Scarab Swarm on their targets.

• Elemental Sandstorm: No changes!

• Negation Swarm has been replaced by Negation Armor: When Inaros takes fatal damage, consume Scarab Shell to heal and become briefly invulnerable. Inaros is affected by a strong Bleed Status when this ends.

We’re looking forward to getting the newly reworked Inaros into your sandy hands with the Dante Unbound update!

Thanks, Tenno!

• Like 41

How much briefly we talking about for Negation Armor?

My concern is in places like SP circuit where no amount of health will help, and that's probably the only place I'm gonna use him onwards =)

• Like 1

This looks pretty good. Overall it's a solid general direction to go in. I'm glad you guys made these changes and listened to our feedback. He looking really good right now. I would've had a slightly different creative direction on some things, but this is still solid. Got nothing bad to say about this right now. Need to get my hands on this and test him out. It looks like there will now be several ways to build this warfame and you will not simply be forced into building health now. I see the standard health/armor build but now it gets a buff since building health also increases ability strength and the scarab shell scales with ability strength. 2nd build could easily be a dmg with his 2. 3rd build could be minion master. 4th build could be cc with his 2  or 4. Gonna be very interesting to test him out. I'm curious if the sand kavats will keep the same stats as his previous minions. They actually weren't bad in terms of tankiness, but there were so few before. Now you can get up to 5. Thank God that Devour is gone and the minion ability was incorporated in a new way. Like I tried to explain before simply changing the cc effect and the speed of the tornado is gonna make it so much better. You guys even chose to take it even further by rolling the augment into the base ability. It's gonna actually be useful now lol. Again, good job on this DE. All of his core issues have been resolved, especially the lack of gating. And to the Inaros crew, it was a blast working on getting this with all of you. We spent more than a year on this nonstop and hundreds of hours fighting for a proper rework lol. Mission accomplished!

Edited by bangarang35

8 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Whats a railjack ability?

in railjack missions you can cast the railjack ability of you or your teamates by clicking its icon then clicking the map

Do the sand attacks from his new passive inherit the mods from your equipped melee weapon?

• Like 5

Is this armour from scarab armour , flat or additive like it is before rework

im hoping its flat bonus

11 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Whats a railjack ability?

if you use suport menu , same one that you use to use railjjack abiliites / teleport , you can click o na teammate and can cast a preset ability thats dependant on frame they are using at your location

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Does Scarab Swarm still grant a portion of the damage it deals as health to all allies within range of the affected enemy? It's not listed here, but I'm hoping that's just because it isn't changing at all.

pretty sure its untouched , some of the best healing game for objectives as its uncapped lol

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ArcusVeles said:

Love to see an augment folded into the base effects of an underperforming ability/kit.  Hoping to see a lot more of that in the future.

I'd kill for a big augment pass like that. A lot of stuff really should just be baseline at this point. Fused Reservoir, Revealing Spores, Molecular Fission, Seeking Shuriken (Shuriken is still terrible and needs a rework anyway but it's something), Energy Transfer (probably part of some slightly bigger Equinox tweaks as a whole, also affecting the 3), Biting Frost, Iron Shrapnel (the recast, ofc), Despoil, etc. One day, maybe. 

• Like 10

Looks awesome can’t wait to try it hope you guys do chroma next. However how does the sand kavat dmg scale work? What’s stopping them from being fodder specters? Do they do 100% of scarabs swarm’s dmg and apply corrosive status or do they only do a percentage? I just don’t want them to just be trash like caliban’s conculyst, and since they’re kavats they cant use eximus abilities either.

Edited by (PSN)pookie4180
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, HunterDigi said:

How much briefly we talking about for Negation Armor?

My concern is in places like SP circuit where no amount of health will help, and that's probably the only place I'm gonna use him onwards =)

I bet it's at least a second. Honestly, any mount of gating is nice. Kullervo without a CC ability from Helminth has a worse time because of overguard's .5 second gate. It's either spam his 2 for survivability or press 2 into Rolling Guard or Vazarin Protective Sling for survivability. I imagine you will have to spam Scarab Shell every time one is consumed.

I think it would be better if Scarab Shell gave a %armor buff equal to 350 at base, that way you can additionally build more armor to increase it's buff. The scaling is nice though, it's good that Inaros actually cares about a stat. 

Will the sand kavats be tied to a duration?

• Like 2

• Armor has been increased from 240 to 350 and scales with Ability Strength.

So quick question: Is this considered as added to Inaros' base armour (and thus is then also adjusted by mods such as Steel Fiber) or is this a flat bonus added after any +Armour mods?

• Like 5

The obnoxious number of particles this game has these days ruins any and everything new you might want to implement within the game. Players are blinded left and right due to the huge massive clouds of particles. I strongly think this should be changed asap as a big QoL thing before the big update. That way we all will enjoy any future warframe changes, new visuals and FXs.

Keep rocking.

• Like 1

So how many cats can we have now? Four Inaros' in the squad, each running the augment = 20 Sand Kavats. Each one with a Kavat in the companion slot = 24 Kavats. Each one running Duplex Bond = 36 Kavats?

• Like 4

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

On cast, enemies in a cone are attacked by scarabs that do 1/10th of Inaros Max Health as Corrosive damage per second.

That's funny but how good will that actually be against higher level enemies

• Like 3