Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crash when attempting to log in after downloading Dante Unbound (Fixed!)

[DE]Danielle

Hello Tenno! 

We were made aware when the update launched this morning that some of you (mostly PlayStation and PC players) were crashing upon logging in (as reported here and many other places) for the first time after downloading the update. We have some pretty good leads thanks to your reports, but we are still investigating the issue. 

In the meantime, here are workaround steps for PlayStation and PC that will allow you to play the game while we work on a fix.

If you are not comfortable doing these yourself, we totally understand! Follow them at your own discretion! We will hopefully have a fix coming soon in a Hotfix if you'd rather wait.  

PlayStation Workaround: 

1. Go to your PlayStation's settings 
  2. Go to "Storage" 
  3. Go to "Saved Data"
  4. Use options button 
  5. Checkmark "Warframe" 
  6. Select "Delete" 
  7. Confirm "Ok" 

PC Workaround Steps*: 

• Hit Windows Key + R (Or Click Start and type Run)
  • In the Run Dialog, type %localappdata%\Warframe
  • Delete EE.cfg

*Note: These steps work for local download, but it may vary depending on the client you launch Warframe from (Steam/Epic). Follow them at your own discretion. 

Rest assured that doing so will NOT delete your account, any purchases, or any other account content. Deleting the saved data from your PlayStation and deleting the EE.cfg file simply resets your custom in-game settings (video settings, custom bindings, etc.). Your settings will be reverted to default upon logging in, but you should be able to play after doing so! Again, follow these steps at your own discretion! 

If you customize your settings after logging back in, do not turn off GPU Particles, as this may cause the crash to happen again.

-------------

Friday Status Update: 

Hey Tenno! Checking in to let you know that the DE team is currently on a long weekend here in Canada land, sharing some updates. 

PC Crash: Yesterday, we deployed a Hotfix to address the PC crash that was caused by copying your Warframe install from Steam to another distribution (eg: Epic Games Store). 

PlayStation Crash: When it comes to PlayStation, the team has some good leads and will continue to follow that trail early next week. If you are still hitting the crash after following the workaround steps (and ultimately resetting your settings), do not set the GPU Particle Quality preset to "disabled" afterwards - this seems to be the route of the issue that we are chasing. 

FRIDAY 4:15 ET UPDATE: 

Edited by [DE]Rebecca
Friday update
  • Like 6

There is a similar crash on PC that crashes the game once you click play on the launcher.

I just confirmed that deleting all game files and downloading everything again fixes that.

(Would've commented that on the original thread since this seems like a slightly different bug but that one was locked)

Edit: I can confirm that deleting Tools/Windows/x64/steam_api64.dll also fixes the issue.

Edited by 2767Mr
  • Like 2

Just now, 2767Mr said:

There is a similar crash on PC that crashes the game once you click play on the launcher.

I just confirmed that deleting all game files and downloading everything again fixes that.

(Would've commented that on the original thread since this seems like a slightly different bug but that one was locked)

Thanks for confirming that !! 

• Like 1

• [DE]Danielle changed the title to Crash when attempting to log in after downloading Dante Unbound (Workaround included!)

Btw, 

I kept a copy of the old installation. The old one still does not work when I start it, even after verifying files. If you want me to send it to you feel free to tell me where to.

• Like 2

I heavily advise against using the workaround, because as stated, it resets all of your custom settings and will lead to hours of re-setting them, and not only that but the game is still very wonky and will still crash easily. It’s better to just wait a couple hours until the fix rolls in.

Edited by Beelue
Punctuation
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, 2767Mr said:

Btw, 

I kept a copy of the old installation. The old one still does not work when I start it, even after verifying files. If you want me to send it to you feel free to tell me where to.

That might be helpful! Send me via DMs here :) 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 2767Mr said:

Just posting for solidarity that this issue happened to me and I couldn't find anyone else talking about it on PC prior to now. Haven't tried deleting everything/re-downloading so I'll just wait and see if a hotfix fixes it.

• Like 2

I'm having this same issue I updated Warframe it wouldn't stop crashing as I load in as Grendel Prime I had no choice to delete it and all of my PS5 games just to get PS4 Warframe I'm getting fed up on seeing bugs almost everytime I play Warframe 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Murmeltier7 said:

After updating, the game crashes everytime after pressing the play button with the error message "an error has occured". Deletig the ee.cfg didnt change anything.

Same for me and my friends on PC
ee.cfg workaround didnt do anything as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pitchers said:

Literal, when presss Play, game load for some seconds, but next stop load and close directly .. ill try downloading all again xD

I'm doing the same thing I'm so angry about this I was forced to have all of my PS5 games deleted for Warframe to download 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlushiBunni said:

As an ios user should i be concerned that my login is saying my info is wrong?

This is likely related to the fact that Dante Unbound has not released on iOS yet, more info in our PSA here  :) 

• Like 1

My game has crashed every single time I try to do a mission or anything. Cannot do netracell cannot load into cavia. Literally unplayable. The only thing I can do is sit in my orbiter and watch my clan chat talk about how awesome this update is 😂 PS5

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pitchers said:

For some reason, on Steam Launcher Work perfect, but on Official launcher not work

Yep, this is true, Steam works perfectly fine but the standalone doesn't launch, thanks to this post i went ahead and got the steam version, launched fine and im in game right now

• Like 1

Dear Danielle from Digital Extremes,

In another post u closed the option to answer maybe due to the crashes being temporarily solved by deleting the save file. This however needs to be done EVERYTIME I relog into the game because some settings causes the breakdown.

i deleted my save file from the console and was able to load into my orbiter. All my settings were deleted, had to redo all settings. I closed the game and tried to relog into the game and it is crashing again!!!!

I deleted it a 2nd time, successfully relogged, didn't change settings, closed and opened the game again and it worked.

Please note that there must be an issue while switching the settings around that causes warframe PSN application to break down. I am currently testing which settings are causing this. I will close and reopen the game everytime I change one thing until I find the problem. I want this solved, I actually loosing platin while being offline now so I am eager to help the dev team out here now.

Edit 1: I found the first setting causing it, it's the particles switching from default (medium) to disabled. I will look further..

Edited by Phoenix_Fury_07
  • Like 2

• Phoenix_Fury_07 changed the title to DE Danielle about warframe crashing on PS5

I also ran into this problem, when I click the "play" button in the launcher, the game does not start, the task manager does not show anything. Because the game is very finely tuned for me, I will not delete the configs, I really look forward to solving the problem. Platform: PC

Edited by KoDi_Max
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pitchers said:

ctly .. ill try downl

1 hour ago, Hermaeusmoraaa said:

Yep, this is true, Steam works perfectly fine but the standalone doesn't launch, thanks to this post i went ahead and got the steam version, launched fine and im in game right now

CrashLog (Standalone version):

Build label: WarframePublic 2024.03.24.20.00 Retail Windows x64
Crash type: Crash
Crash reason: Assert: (Error loading steam_api64.dll (Proc missing))     <-------   maybe thats the reason
Crashing thread id: 159c
Last windows error: The specified procedure could not be found.
Last standard library error: Bad file descriptor

Heap size/capacity: 142,704/196,608
Handle count: 148  GDI Objects: 0  USER Objects: 2  HWND count: 0

just deleted "steam_api64.dll"  from  \Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Tools\Windows\x64,  and WF is working again :)

Beware, this goes for the STANDALONE VERSION ONLY ;)

Edited by Gebuesch
  • Like 1