Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Bring mid-air Heavy Attacks back, they weren't hurting nobody.

There was no valid reason to remove this interaction. You already had to go out of your way to use this trick, requiring you to be sliding AND aim-gliding with the melee fully unholstered (done by holding the switch weapon key). This was very difficult to do on accident, and did not get in the way of heavy slams either. (seriously who in god's name tries to heavy slam while looking up)

Keeping this "Fix" only serves to kneecap a majority of standard Heavy Attack builds. which are currently struggling against Light Attack setups thanks to the likes of Melee Influence, and were already outclassed by Glaives running the same style of build before Melee Influence was even a thing.

Edited by shoot_gun_man
  • Like 15

Exactly, you just had to not go into melee mode to be able to perform ground slams regularly. they just put the "bug fix" tag on it to justify their dumb move, it didn't even need to be nerfed IMO, cause glaive discs are everywhere and doing so much more damage than Exodia Contagion, it was just more fun for some to play this way, and DE the elite fun-killer is here for us ..., such a shame!!

• Like 4

It's also a matter of intuitive gameplay. When a player aims at an enemy and uses a Heavy Attack, they do a heavy attack. When Tennokai pops up, you do a heavy attack. But when airborne, if you look at an enemy in front of you, whether you have tennokai or not, and you heavy attack, you would expect to just use your heavy attack in the air but you don't, you just heavy slam. Just doing a normal heavy would be intuitive because you only do a slam attack when facing the ground. It's frustrating wanting to do a normal heavy in the air but being forced into a heavy slam when I'm not even looking at the ground. It frustrates me even more because I'm a Zephyr main, I spend A LOT of time doing aerial melee.

Edited by Zaghyr
typo
  • Like 6

I can understand DE's reasoning.

It did look rather janky. It did enable Exodia Contagion to output more damage than they intended it to. The change does help keep mid-air melee attacks consistent.

But it was also one of the only effective ways to play melee-only against many flying or weakpoint-based enemies.

The change doesn't feel great.

• Like 6