Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i feel like dante is too good ?

Xenevier

2 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

will you believe me that i didn't even look it up ? a lot of people just started talking about it that i gathered a lot of info from here and there

it just makes it mean other are also obsessed over this, you can keep on doing what you're doing mate, at the end of the day, i say what my thoughs are and you start running your mouth, makes sense why bother arguing

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MouthfulOJoules said:

Put on your tinfoil hat.
Repeat after me
Anger is great for engagement.
You may now stop repeating

By hyping up, then releasing something that is OP for early content and mid for late content
First wave of engagement, people flock to check the frame out, see that it's promising, spend $$ on the plat for reactors/formas/etc (traded plat is still purchased plat).
Then collect some data.

Second wave of engagement - people that do early content are discomforted by the OP nature in early content, late content players try to explain their side. Thanks to the nature of the debate and subject matter, it's quite easily turned into more and more and more engagement on both forums and in game.
Let it fester.
Nerf by changing a few numbers around or by adding/changing a condition.
Third wave of engagement <-we are here
A barrage of "I told you so"'s and "now the thing is fine", though many actual issues are not fixed for the thing itself, or globally (such as chroma - overguard debuffteraction).
Less, but still some players spending more resources on trying to rework the something into being usable for their needs.
Let it fester.
Release a patchy fix for the something, that either brings it closer to what it was before or makes it somewhat op again.
Fourth wave - Can be repeated multiple times until the something becomes stale.

You may now cleanse your memory and remove the tinfoil hat.

I hope you have enjoyed my bit of S-posting.

I enjoyed the overall immersive experience, but I feel like it's missing some spice. Can I keep the tinfoil hat, these are really rare to find at this quality these days?

14 minutes ago, NameLessFreak said:

They point to this post since it was the only one. The ratio of don't nerf dante posts to dante is op posts was 10>1 here and on reddit. I didn't say you asked for a nerf, no you pointed towards him being overtuned, which you were objectively wrong about. I'm not angry lad, I just feel bad for you because this is a S#&amp;&#036;show you might have not wanted to start but goddamn are you going to take a lot of heat for.  DE listens to a handful of people all the time, the only times they listen to the majority is when the majority starts going full on doomsday. Honestly DE pointing to this thread in the first place was putting a target on you and they should have not done it, especially as they saw the multiple threads that were proactively petitioning against a Dante nerf. 

this is just wrong, my post was the only one that talked about dante being too strong, while Waeleto alone made 2 about how he was fine as he was, same on reddit, i dont care what your subjective opinion is, you stating is a fact is wrong, and no i didnt want a witch hunt on my head like how some seem to and i as my number 1 hater has pointed out made my FIRST ever post here which was that one so DE would have no reason to listen to me without anyone else agreeing, i agree megan should have made her own post like she did and making it a response on mine is weird, there were a lot of posts on why im wrong and others should be disrespected for their opinion, again my OG hater is still waffling about how much he dislikes me as a person and that stems from me being the first one to talk about it in the forums apparently, i dont care what context, going after and singling out a guy for sharing his opinion that leads to your displeasure is objectively not OK to do, but who cares right? lets pile up on the dude who didnt ask for anything in the first place!

22 minutes ago, NameLessFreak said:

They point to this post since it was the only one. The ratio of don't nerf dante posts to dante is op posts was 10>1 here and on reddit. I didn't say you asked for a nerf, no you pointed towards him being overtuned, which you were objectively wrong about. I'm not angry lad, I just feel bad for you because this is a S#&amp;&#036;show you might have not wanted to start but goddamn are you going to take a lot of heat for.  DE listens to a handful of people all the time, the only times they listen to the majority is when the majority starts going full on doomsday. Honestly DE pointing to this thread in the first place was putting a target on you and they should have not done it, especially as they saw the multiple threads that were proactively petitioning against a Dante nerf. 

if i remember the titles, there was mine, one that was saying how the nerf community is infesting the forums, one that talked about overguard, and some other smaller posts that talked on how dante was fine as he was, the ratio was undoubtedly against me, the majority as you point out were against everything i said even if i said fun is good someone would find a way to disagree, i dont mind arguing infact i like arguing to see other peoples' perspectives, arguing and fighting are different. people here the vast majoirty dont want to argue and point out flaws in my logic, they come here and say how idiotic it is for me to express my opinion, then leave. this is what my side looks like right now btw, and i can tell you FOR SURE its ganna get worse as the LoS changes were something i disagree with and people are ofc ganna use me as a scapegoat to blame it on me, hell its already been done on reddit where its less civil

30 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

We tried to warn you guys, DE doesn't nerf DE kills but all you did was complain about dante because people were having fun, i'm sure you and everyone who asked for the nerf feels a real sense of accomplishment 

I never asked for nerfs to Dante. I'm just a veteran early adopter in this game and know not to overly invest in things that just came out. Is this your first time?

Don't worry, DE will likely walk back their disastrous changes, score some brownie points for fixing a problem they made themselves, and then go ahead and do this the next time anyways. Soon enough you'll learn like the rest of us.

This isn't a competition. We're all losing as a collective whole. Welcome to the club pal.

• Like 3

Just now, MouthfulOJoules said:

@Xenevier, @Waeleto,
At the risk of making myself a target for flaming, maybe it may be better to take that discussion to DMs? There's already 33 pages of messages to read without fingering each others league stats.

believe me i would, i dont want to clog the forum posts either but yeah, i have no issue in getting on a discord call and talking with the dude

12 minutes ago, NameLessFreak said:

I enjoyed the overall immersive experience, but I feel like it's missing some spice. Can I keep the tinfoil hat, these are really rare to find at this quality these days?

If it's helping keep the mindrays at bay, it's on the house.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Xenevier said:

this is just wrong, my post was the only one that talked about dante being too strong, while Waeleto alone made 2 about how he was fine as he was, same on reddit, i dont care what your subjective opinion is, you stating is a fact is wrong, and no i didnt want a witch hunt on my head like how some seem to and i as my number 1 hater has pointed out made my FIRST ever post here which was that one so DE would have no reason to listen to me without anyone else agreeing, i agree megan should have made her own post like she did and making it a response on mine is weird, there were a lot of posts on why im wrong and others should be disrespected for their opinion, again my OG hater is still waffling about how much he dislikes me as a person and that stems from me being the first one to talk about it in the forums apparently, i dont care what context, going after and singling out a guy for sharing his opinion that leads to your displeasure is objectively not OK to do, but who cares right? lets pile up on the dude who didnt ask for anything in the first place!

I mean having a dedicated hater off of your first post is an achievement honestly, for the witchhunt you might dodge it. All jokes aside, as long as someone doesn't share your post on reddit, the warframe subreddit will actually take the full blame for it as they usually do because everyone hates reddit. Give it a day or 2, luckily DE nerfe'd a lot of things unnecessarily it's not only Dante's fanbase that is losing their shizzle it's also Nezha's and Chroma's (cause overguard still screws him up).

29 minutes ago, MouthfulOJoules said:

If it's helping keep the mindrays at bay, it's on the house.

Great! Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NameLessFreak said:

I mean having a dedicated hater off of your first post is an achievement honestly, for the witchhunt you might dodge it. All jokes aside, as long as someone doesn't share your post on reddit, the warframe subreddit will actually take the full blame for it as they usually do because everyone hates reddit. Give it a day or 2, luckily DE nerfe'd a lot of things unnecessarily it's not only Dante's fanbase that is losing their shizzle it's also Nezha's and Chroma's (cause overguard still screws him up).

i wholeheartedly believe theyre ganna revert the LoS, megan even said in her post that they already know its an issue and players dont like it, and yes it is cute having someone be so obsessed with me, as for the witchhunt, dont worry it will happen and people will more likely than not find a way to harass me in one way or another, but honestly it makes it a little easier to know some people at least have the human decency to realize this is wrong to do <3

29 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I never asked for nerfs to Dante. I'm just a veteran early adopter in this game and know not to overly invest in things that just came out. Is this your first time?

Don't worry, DE will likely walk back their disastrous changes, score some brownie points for fixing a problem they made themselves, and then go ahead and do this the next time anyways. Soon enough you'll learn like the rest of us.

This isn't a competition. We're all losing as a collective whole. Welcome to the club pal.

Sad but true. Surprisingly even reddit is upset and they believe DE is our friendly neighborhood devs.

20 minutes ago, Xenevier said:

i wholeheartedly believe theyre ganna revert the LoS, megan even said in her post that they already know its an issue and players dont like it, and yes it is cute having someone be so obsessed with me, as for the witchhunt, dont worry it will happen and people will more likely than not find a way to harass me in one way or another, but honestly it makes it a little easier to know some people at least have the human decency to realize this is wrong to do <3

They are talking about fixing the bugs associated with the los checks so I doubt it.

Edited by Joylesstuna

20 minutes ago, Xenevier said:

Oh no it's staying, they'll try to fix the bugs of LoS, since it affects quite a few frames and abilities. DE doesn't backtrack on nerfs they release bandaid augments. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Xenevier said:

25+25+50 to cast his 4, its 100 energy at base

oh no dont worry, level 150+206 on NA is low for league, and no i dont have 1000 hours on warframe

So why are you talking? You're newer to this game, so complaining about a new character being broken when you haven't even unlocked all the frames seems like a horrible take. Clearly you also don't understand what powercreep means since you can't powercreep the characters in a game if you were one of the oldest ones.

2 minutes ago, DarkMagicMatter said:

So why are you talking? You're newer to this game, so complaining about a new character being broken when you haven't even unlocked all the frames seems like a horrible take. Clearly you also don't understand what powercreep means since you can't powercreep the characters in a game if you were one of the oldest ones.

what are you talking about dude, i feel like 1125.4 hours is enough to get to know a game, havent unlocked all the frame is a non argument as well, ive played a majoirty of them dude, and the talk about power creep confuses me as your mention makes no sense, if right now a frame got buffed to insane levels where they do what one frame does but better thats the definition of what power creeping is, it doesnt matter the release date, if one character becomes entirely better than the other at every aspect of their job, that means they power crept the weaker one, warframe is not easy to do that with since most characters do different combinations of things

Quick summary:

People got used to being a tank that shot intercontinental ballistic missiles, and now they are just a tank that shoots only missiles, and obviously that is UNNACEPTABLE.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, NameLessFreak said:

Oh no it's staying, they'll try to fix the bugs of LoS, since it affects quite a few frames and abilities. DE doesn't backtrack on nerfs they release bandaid augments. 

I hope people keep shaming them until they relent, LoS checks haven't ever been properly functional in this game even after being in use for years so I'm not about to believe that is going to change now.

Just now, vFlitz said:

I hope people keep shaming them until they relent, LoS checks haven't ever been properly functional in this game even after being in use for years so I'm not about to believe that is going to change now.

hope they do rever the LoS, even if Line of Sight worked perfectly, it just aint it

Just now, vFlitz said:

I hope everyone keep posting about this everywhere and drop dantes playrate HARD until they revert the overguard/LoS nerfs

6 minutes ago, Xenevier said:

what are you talking about dude, i feel like 1125.4 hours is enough to get to know a game, havent unlocked all the frame is a non argument as well, ive played a majoirty of them dude, and the talk about power creep confuses me as your mention makes no sense, if right now a frame got buffed to insane levels where they do what one frame does but better thats the definition of what power creeping is, it doesnt matter the release date, if one character becomes entirely better than the other at every aspect of their job, that means they power crept the weaker one, warframe is not easy to do that with since most characters do different combinations of things

"Power creep is a common challenge in multiplayer games, especially those that involve progression, customization, and updates. It refers to the situation where new content or features make older ones obsolete or irrelevant, creating an imbalance and a loss of diversity in the game." By definition, Xiangling cannot powercreep newer characters, but I won't get into that. If I am interpreting your post correctly, you are claiming that dante is powercreeping the game. Most of the newer frames outdamage (kullervo, dagath, qorvex) him. Dante has average energy costs since you need 3 casts to do anything, and being a caster frame it makes sense that he should have access to more spam, especially since caster frames like saryn or mirage can easily maintain their energy costs. While I agree that the overguard is strong, revenant gives squad invulnerability for a minimum of 5 seconds per cast of his 2, styanax grants squad overguard, and hildryn/volt give perma overshields (which is much stronger than overguard), just to name a few. Dante does not excel in anything and plays more like a jack of all trades, not exactly "power creep". I have over 1k hours in warframe as well and I don't pretend to know enough to call for an immediate nerf to a frame a day after his release, you're either purposely creating controversy or just ignorant.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DarkMagicMatter said:

"Power creep is a common challenge in multiplayer games, especially those that involve progression, customization, and updates. It refers to the situation where new content or features make older ones obsolete or irrelevant, creating an imbalance and a loss of diversity in the game." By definition, Xiangling cannot powercreep newer characters, but I won't get into that. If I am interpreting your post correctly, you are claiming that dante is powercreeping the game. Most of the newer frames outdamage (kullervo, dagath, qorvex) him. Dante has average energy costs since you need 3 casts to do anything, and being a caster frame it makes sense that he should have access to more spam, especially since caster frames like saryn or mirage can easily maintain their energy costs. While I agree that the overguard is strong, revenant gives squad invulnerability for a minimum of 5 seconds per cast of his 2, styanax grants squad overguard, and hildryn/volt give perma overshields (which is much stronger than overguard), just to name a few. Dante does not excel in anything and plays more like a jack of all trades, not exactly "power creep". I have over 1k hours in warframe as well and I don't pretend to know enough to call for an immediate nerf to a frame a day after his release, you're either purposely creating controversy or just ignorant.

netiehr did i, go back, read my post, where do i mention the word nerf at? and dont act like you know where i stand with the nerfs rn, these nerfs do nothing to help the issue right now, its stupid to put LoS on an ability that was on par with some other nukes but wasnt the main issue in the first place, my original argument was about the overguard, not the damage. i never asked for a nerf to begin with 

7 minutes ago, Xenevier said:

netiehr did i, go back, read my post, where do i mention the word nerf at? and dont act like you know where i stand with the nerfs rn, these nerfs do nothing to help the issue right now, its stupid to put LoS on an ability that was on par with some other nukes but wasnt the main issue in the first place, my original argument was about the overguard, not the damage. i never asked for a nerf to begin with 

I'll agree, you didn't use the term nerf at all. Instead, you complained multiple times about how he overshadows other frames, which isn't much different from just outright asking for a nerf. Even if the LoS was not added, overguard was signficantly nerfed which you complained about multiple times so I don't see how you can defend yourself.

24 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

I hope everyone keep posting about this everywhere and drop dantes playrate HARD until they revert the overguard/LoS nerfs

I think you alone posting multiple threads and on Reddit will make up the majority of people complaining.

I think they should also give Saryn LoS. The lack of challenge in the game is embarrassing and I agree with this direction. I do think DE will continue in nerfing CC on Eximus as they should. I don't care that others want the game to be braindead easy and nuke. I want my voice to be heard as well. Nerf everything.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

2 minutes ago, DarkMagicMatter said:

I'll agree, you didn't use the term nerf at all. Instead, you complained multiple times about how he overshadows other frames, which isn't much different from just outright asking for a nerf. Even if the LoS was not added, overguard was signficantly nerfed which you complained about multiple times so I don't see how you can defend yourself.

oh there's no need to defend myself, i have no obligation here dude, but saying i complained multiple times is a reach, i made a single post and then responded to other people, everyone here had the same amount of power in their voice when they shared their opinion as me, and it would be really weird if you read that again and see i didnt complain about HIM having too much overguard but the fact that he shares it with others, i still stand by the fact that if he can share overguard twice as efficient and at a quarter of the time needed, it seems strong to me, its not objective thats my subjective opinion. i would have made it so he gave 50% overguard to allies just like styanax and frost, i dont think nerfing his own overgaurd fixes anything