Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I miss Moa Cabinets being on Corpus Ships

Zahnny

While there are many reasons people dislike the Deadlock Protocal's revamped Corpus ship tilesets, this is something I don't see brought up a lot.

1KEXLm0.jpeg

The old Corpus Ship tileset used to be full of Moa Cabinets, if you encountered one that was slowly blinking on and off, it meant you could interact with it and gain your own hacked Shockwave Moa (one time use per Moa Cabinet)

In modern Warframe, there's less incentive to actually do this but it was a feature I really loved. One that makes the modern Corpus Ships feel a bit more dull as a result. It's more of a gimmick than a proper feature, unless you're running Warframes that can buff them (such as Wisp) but overall I feel like the loss of this feature made the Corpus ships lose a lot of their character and charm.

This feature does still exist however on Corpus Outpost tilesets and in the Citrine Defense mission but it's not quite the same as amassing your own little droid army and more slowly make your way through a tileset.

This picture was taken today, I finally got Kullervo out of my Foundry and wanted to get the new Augment, but I needed to farm some Steel Meridian affinity, so I thought I'd stop and smell the roses, take the mission a bit more slowly and gather as many Moas as I could. I acknowledge this is a niche feature but it's one I always have fond memories of.

My favourite being a Tactical Alert when Grineer Maniacs were first added to the game. I was still rather newbish at the game and the high level Manics were proving to beat me. But in that same Tactical Alert, a bug caused Moas spawned by the Cabinets to spawn with Levels randomized in the 4 digits, anywhere from Level 1000 to Level 9999 which while unintentional, always felt like a cool way to complete said mission.

• Like 2

It's still on Naeglar, Eris, Infested Hive, when I played with the mates who don't anymore I used to pop a cabinet to troll them with them trying to kill them. :facepalm: :cool: :tongue:

I haven't tried one in a while, I must check next time I'm on an actual corpus mission.

P.S. I also miss the breakable Corpus windows, the only place they are now so players can get the scans for them is Infested Salvage out the back in some room somewhere.

Edit:
Just did Naeglar, Eris, Infested Hive they're still on that tile, though now I think of it it's an old tile so still around and you're talking of the new tilesets, my bad.

Got three running around with me at present, I miss some of the quirky stuff.

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 1

meh, not enough people really used it, or even knew about the Moa cabinets, to warrant them being kept. kind of a shame since the newer Moas have different weapons and having them as allies would be a little more interesting, even if they were still largely ineffective for anything other than drawing Agro, but still it is what it is.

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

While there are many reasons people dislike the Deadlock Protocal's revamped Corpus ship tilesets

far as i know it's only the defense map, which does suck. haven't seen any specific complaints regarding standard tiles.

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

P.S. I also miss the breakable Corpus windows,

why? you actually enjoyed being unable to so much as sneeze without decompressing the room? I don't get some people...

7 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

far as i know it's only the defense map, which does suck. haven't seen any specific complaints regarding standard tiles.

Well, these are more of bugs but.

You can bypass the Rescue tile by going under the entrance door. Letting you rescue the target without even spawning the Wardens or defences.

And Spy gamemode...Well to put it simply, Corpus Spy used to be one of my favourite missions to run when bored. Now there's so many bugs associated with the Spy gamemode on the new Corpus ships that I no longer enjoy Corpus spy on that tileset.

14 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

why? you actually enjoyed being unable to so much as sneeze without decompressing the room? I don't get some people...

Live a little and chill out Life's too short for a stick up your arse.

Hahaha, it took a little bit more than a sneeze not much though, but if you ever played in a group of friends who now and then did stuff to troll each other, you'd understand the funny quirky side of it.

I'm glad you don't get me I'm an old fart who doesn't give two craps about anything anymore and just play games for fun with mates when they're around, as you get older your perspective of where the human race is heading changes. :wink:

I'd miss the Cabinets more if they weren't a one-off spawner, and if it wasn't so extremely rare for them to be hackable in the first place.

In my opinion, we should be able to hack the updated version of them:

Spoiler

2a532834625f8ac4d3828a169eb42ac4.jpg

They should also always be hackable, but require some form of short event (60 seconds or less) as part of it. For example, it could be that once you initiate the hack, large numbers of level boosted enemies start continuously spawning and move to stop the spawner from successfully completing its hack. Think along the lines of Mobile Defense defense objectives, but significantly more enemy density and they all spawn in at like +20 levels compared to the current level scaling in the mission. Once the hack succeeds or fails, everything returns to normal.

If successfully hacked, it then spawns random MOAs relevant to the region (so a Jupiter spawner would spawn Vapos MOAs in all their forms). Each spawner could only support one MOA at a time, but if that MOA dies, the spawner would then immediately spawn a new one. Additionally, every time a spawner spawns a new MOA, that new MOA is appropriately scaled to the mission's current level scaling. This keeps the friendly MOAs relevant, at least as diversions that won't instantly evaporate under enemy fire. The MOAs would always move to follow the host of the squad (as the squad progresses through the mission, this naturally balances the instant respawns - the new MOAs would have to travel through the level to catch up to the squad).

Alternatively, DE could just give me skins for the Fortuna MOA companions that let me turn them into any of the actual MOAs the Corpus use...

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Live a little and chill out Life's too short for a stick up your arse.

Hahaha, it took a little bit more than a sneeze not much though, but if you ever played in a group of friends who now and then did stuff to troll each other, you'd understand the funny quirky side of it.

I'm glad you don't get me I'm an old fart who doesn't give two craps about anything anymore and just play games for fun with mates when they're around, as you get older your perspective of where the human race is heading changes. :wink:

I don’t miss the windows too much, but you could have some fun with them. 

Back when the stalker was first added, he came after me while I was leveling gear in a corpus ship. When I realized he did way more damage to me than I did to him and there was no way I was going to beat him (and I had no idea what was going on), I realized we were fighting next to a window room which was between me and extraction, so I blew the window out and locked him in. Good times.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, voltocitygel said:

I don’t miss the windows too much, but you could have some fun with them. 

Back when the stalker was first added, he came after me while I was leveling gear in a corpus ship. When I realized he did way more damage to me than I did to him and there was no way I was going to beat him (and I had no idea what was going on), I realized we were fighting next to a window room which was between me and extraction, so I blew the window out and locked him in. Good times.

I can just imagine Stalker flying out of the ship saying "I'll catch you next time, Tenno!" like a cartoon villain.

• Like 1