Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uncommon Chroma W

As per DE's most recent announcement over changes coming next week

40 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.

To the few dozen Chroma Mains out there, rejoice!! You can finally replace that Combat Discipline with whatever your heart desires! (Growing Power)

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Greysmog said:

I'm just hoping he or Limbo are up next for a Rework.

Give Spectral Scream some real hitboxes and make Effigy do something besides just sitting there casting Radial Blind sometimes. Doesn't even need a full rework, just needs the DRAGON part of the DRAGON FRAME to actually work

Limbo is where we start asking the big questions. Do we want Stasis to exist in a world with Overguard? Because honestly I think Limbo would still be great as a niche "troll the AI" defense frame without that 

• Like 3

Just now, SeriousHawk22 said:

i've doing some test but it doesn't work. Only applies when chroma has OG?

It was from an announcement for their plans for next week. Not in game yet sadly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Give Spectral Scream some real hitboxes and make Effigy do something besides just sitting there casting Radial Blind sometimes. Doesn't even need a full rework, just needs the DRAGON part of the DRAGON FRAME to actually work

Limbo is where we start asking the big questions. Do we want Stasis to exist in a world with Overguard? Because honestly I think Limbo would still be great as a niche "troll the AI" defense frame without that 

Hitboxes and better range by default would help, sure, but if they want it to be anything but a status effect primer I would expect it to hit more than once a second. If they bumped up the drain per second but actually made it hit more often I feel like that would make more sense.

Effigy is just really plagued with a lot of odd design choices, like the fact it's a turret on a Warframe who wants to get hit, drains energy at an insane rate on a Warframe who isn't exactly swimming in the stuff and halves his Armor. I would think Effigy would act like an Exalted Sentinel, just following closely behind Chroma and attacking things within a set radius around him. Just have it be a flat cost too, he really doesn't need another drain ability.

Effigy should probably duplicate some of his ability effects, like Spectral Scream and Elemental Ward (just the AoE effects to be specific). You can keep the Augment for making it work autonomously without Chroma if improvements were made for it, like Vex Armor boosting its stats regardless of distance.

As for a simple change that would help him immensely, I'm not really sure why he doesn't get Rage as a legitimate passive. Just to slightly help with his energy economy with how expensive everything would inevitably be.

Edited by Greysmog
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Greysmog said:

Hitboxes and better range by default would help, sure, but if they want it to be anything but a status effect primer I would expect it to hit more than once a second. If they bumped up the drain per second but actually made it hit more often I feel like that would make more sense.

Normally timing is part of hitboxes, but yes, underline the rate of fire for a buff. My first experiment would be to have Spectral Scream share the Nepheri's breath attack (obviously the damage stats would be tuned differently, I'm talking about hitboxes for now) and see how to improve from there

56 minutes ago, Greysmog said:

I would think Effigy would act like an Exalted Sentinel, just following closely behind Chroma and attacking things within a set radius around hi

A week ago I would have hesitated to do this, but now with Loyal Merluna and whatever Dante's floating books are called, I think it would work out pretty well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Normally timing is part of hitboxes, but yes, underline the rate of fire for a buff. My first experiment would be to have Spectral Scream share the Nepheri's breath attack (obviously the damage stats would be tuned differently, I'm talking about hitboxes for now) and see how to improve from there

A week ago I would have hesitated to do this, but now with Loyal Merluna and whatever Dante's floating books are called, I think it would work out pretty well

I like that idea honestly, Nepheri is basically a really quick plume of elemental breath that hits a few times a second. Keeps the whole "fire breathing dragon" idea without turning it into a projectile or the constant stream we have now. Hopefully making it easier to balance.

Dante's floating books are called Wordweaver if I recall correctly (well the actual book is Noctua but regardless). Though yeah, the idea is basically that, but in a way that makes it more useful for Chroma in general. Better control of your Effigy, easier to keep it alive (if DE even feels it should have a health bar), buffs Chroma's kit and so on. 

Personally I'd want Chroma to have a heal of some kind in his kit as well, let Effigy heal from however he does it too and you can keep its health bar I'm sure. I'm not really sure where that would even fit, maybe just casting Effigy does it and heals you rapidly over time for a short period. Not too sure.

40 minutes ago, (PSN)thowed said:

When you screw up the next new frame.  Can Atlas get some cool buffs or QoL adjustments?

Good luck, DE's probably too afraid to touch him until they nerf stat sticks.

If I could ask for some buffs to help him out;

- Change Rubble so that it decays slightly slower, at a rate of 4 per second instead of 5.

- Have Petrify create a rock symbol above an enemies' head if they're affected, as with other CC options it gets hard to tell. Might as well make Petrify his 2 instead for cheaper casts and have it not mess with Nekros as well.

- Change Tectonics to have it act as a Landslide damage buff tool in some fashion that helps Atlas stay mobile. Bulwark gets ripped apart when cast, releasing stone shards in an AoE that enhances Impact damage specifically (similar to how Petrify reduces enemy elemental resistances and enhances elemental weaknesses). For the Boulder, have Atlas chuck the boulder himself, making it move at a much faster speed as a large projectile and dragging anything it hits along with it until it impacts a surface. Petrify now makes it so the Impact buff spreads to nearby enemies when they die.

- Make Rumblers constantly follow Atlas and attack with him during Landslide, passively throwing rocks at nearby enemies that Petrify on hit instead of ragdolling. Rumblers act as an additional hit for every Landslide attack (increasing the combo multiplier by 3 instead of 1 per hit), but only deal 25% of Atlas' total Landslide damage. Rumblers just have a Duration now and lose their health bar, with Petrify increasing their total Landslide damage to 50%.

Edited by Greysmog

The problem i see on chroma is puncture and slash status. 

A big slash proc can 2 ticks him down. No time to react. 

And yes, the 1 and 4 are pretty much useless. I wouldnt mind if they got replaced with other stuff.

Edited by Kronxito

2 hours ago, Greysmog said:

Personally I'd want Chroma to have a heal of some kind in his kit as well

Technically he does. Elemental Ward: Fire increases his maximum health by 55%, and heals him for however much that number is at the same time

Of course I can understand this needing a rework. The other three Elemental Wards are all continuous (Cold = armor, Elec = damage redirection aura, Toxin = reload speed) while Fire is just one big lump sum at the start, which can play hell with Duration tuning

A nice W for a frame that really didnt need more winning aswell, namely Kullervo. Because he has no shields under his OG, meaning the changes for OG next week will allow him to gain insane amounts of energy through Rage or Adrenaline since damage to OG isnt mitigated by anything.

8 hours ago, Greysmog said:

Personally I'd want Chroma to have a heal of some kind in his kit as well,

The new augment for Vex armor is insane as a heal when you play solo. It's practically always up and constantly healing you.