Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Small Favor To Ask

Darvo.

I was a mite disappointed with Darvo's voice work. A bit to deep and gravely for how I envisioned him. Shame DE doesn't have the funds to hire pro voice work for the game. Scott McNeil would be perfect for Darvo :)

The mission was fun. Poopy-pants showing up out of freaking no where was quite a surprise XD

Interesting twist with Stalker. Strange that he would quit hunting Darvo after being beaten back by the Tenno, however. Perhaps Stalker just figured Darvo's now too much trouble to deal with in the immediate future.

However, this opens up a new twist - Stalker isn't just hunting Tenno. But why would he be hunting Darvo? Stalker has traditionally fought to protect the balance of the factions. Could it be that he sees Darvo's actions as tipping the tide in some way?

Anyway, in so far as Darvo not telling us all the details - I imagine it was the only way he could keep the ruse up to draw in our quarry. It seems doubtful he'd pit us up against Stalker without prior notice for no reason at all.

BTW - I loved Darvo's voice work. It's quirky. :)

Edited by Exodess

Ugh could not do this solo....BARLEY got him down when the console was getting DECIMATED by Corpus and had no energy left to do my Rhino Stomps...and even then I lost 4 revives and said "WELL EFF IT TIME TO SEE WHO CAN HELP ME!"....all in all that mission was intense! O.O Darvo's lines were also a highlight of the whole mission!

However, this opens up a new twist - Stalker isn't just hunting Tenno. But why would he be hunting Darvo? Stalker has traditionally fought to protect the balance of the factions. Could it be that he sees Darvo's actions as tipping the tide in some way?

Stalker hunts Tenno for a believed slight against what he protected in ages past (as we learned from his Codex backstory). He's never really had any animosity against the other factions past survival instincts.

Darvo was a special case cause the little nut thought it might be a smart idea to sell the "What Stalker?" weapon pack in the market at a discounted price XD

Stalker hunts Tenno for a believed slight against what he protected in ages past (as we learned from his Codex backstory). He's never really had any animosity against the other factions past survival instincts.

Darvo was a special case cause the little nut thought it might be a smart idea to sell the "What Stalker?" weapon pack in the market at a discounted price XD

Ah, I'm starting to see a bit of fourth-wall humor there. Nice.:D

Edited by Exodess

Ok, Darvo. We need to talk.

Business.

You just sent me into your ship, where we hacked into three terminals, and then Mr. Stalker-Party-Pooper appeared. We then scared him off. 

All the while, we were being attacked by a ton of corpus. 

Can I Work for you?

Thanks for this, DE! I loved how the story unfolded and it made the mission fun and interesting to me.

I may have run into a glitch with the special guest. He even announced his appearance, then I am not sure he spawned but I saw a small group of Corpus shooting something and I think he died before I got to him.

Still, really fun little alert and I hope to see more of this stuff in the future! Lore-based missions, special VO, unexpected twists. Or even if they're expected, you should try anyway. Keep it up!