Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn: SInce Inaros` 2 got a movement speed increase, can Hildryn`s 4 get one too?

It don't have to be exactly like Inaros, at base you could give it 60% more movement speed, but when you kill enemies you get 10% which stacks up to 6x making it 120% all together.

Here is what that would look like.

Spoiler

# Hildryn movement speed

This is Inaros before the update.

#h Inaros movement speed

This would make her 4th ability over all much better.

Edited by (PSN)NinjaBlade626
  • Like 1

Problem is that those two abilities have completely different purposes.  Inaros' Sandstorm is meant to gather enemies up, which is one of two reasons why he got a speed buff for it (the other because it's no longer a channeled ability).

Hildryn's Aegis Storm is meant for area denial, which is one reason why it's as slow as it is.  To increase the speed of the ability, they'd need to completely change up how the ability functions, which I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) honestly wouldn't be opposed to.

I don't see how being an "area denial" is a favourable argument to keep Aegis Storm the way it is when other abilities provide a very similar function without being restricted to lower movement speeds, nor do I see why would they need to change how the ability works for that matter. A boost in handling is in order, me too thinks.

Make her faster, able to cast her other abilities mid flight, and less clunky when landing, what's the problem with that?
Are DE afraid that she'll be able to CC a regular-sized area of enemies continuously while providing energy and other buffs to her team? 🤨
That sounds like a good time more than a problem to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)NinjaBlade626 said:

It don't have to be exactly like Inaros, at base you could give it 60% more movement speed, but when you kill enemies you get 10% which stacks up to 6x making it120% all together.

I have to kill enemies with the aegis storm. How? 

Same question with balefire...

Unless this is relatively low content, I'm not sure how this would really help.

Is there a duration on the buff, what's the condition? Until death? Until you stop the ability?

Having a higher movement speed bonus is great, but there are greater outliers to the ability such as:

• not being able to use normal weapons.
  • being animation locked on cast and recast.
  • inability to use pillage or helminth abilities.
  • high drain for low reward.
  • Eximus completely ignoring it. 

Faster movement doesn't help out much if we can't suggest changes that would make aegis storm a reasonable ability to use; let alone capable of applying the conditional provided.

• Like 1

I once played Hildryn, moving through a mission using her 4 (because it's not just for stationary defense),
and got my movement speed buffed by another player.

The difference in enjoyment was immediate, and tremendous.

Please give Aegis Storm a base increase in regards to its mobility.

Also, while we're at it, if Balefire Charger is to remain the only weapon you can use during her 4,
just make Hildryn activate it automatically (with no additional activation Shield cost) if it's not active already
(and if it was active before, of course don't turn it off when you end her 4).