Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Maroo isn't in her own bazaar ?

Takashige

Question

Hello tennos,

First I want to say that I'm a beginner so I might not know something that seems obvious to advanced players.

So my problem is that I can't reach phobos from Mars because the junction requires me to speak with maroo in her bazaar. But whenever I go to maroo's bazaar I never can find her, only varzia and some other players trading with each others, and there is no indicator on the map where i could find her and the map is really tiny so I'm 100% sure that she isn't there. Idk if hse's locked behind one mission that I didn't finished or smth else but when finish deimos I will be stuck (I already finished venus, mercury and mars and earth once i reach rank 5) and no way for me to reach new planets.

Ty in advance for your help

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

is it really hard to find her?

To be fair, she doesn't stand out a lot, kinda easy to overlook her
and just assume she's a random non-interactable NPC like Relays have dozens of.

Doesn't help either that Stolen Dreams, the Quest that "properly" introduces Maroo,
which you then might recognize her from, is only unlocked after this forced visit.

At the very least, I think she deserves a map marker, only Varzia getting one there is just odd.

Second, is it really hard to find her?

For modern gamers it is. No icon on minimap, no huge nametag, no colored overlay, no huge E to talk prompt grabbing your attention from miles away.

This an UI modern gamers are used to:

kavp1h82csl81.png

9 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

For modern gamers it is. No icon on minimap, no huge nametag, no colored overlay, no huge E to talk prompt grabbing your attention from miles away.

To be fair, to get to Maroo you have to walk past 3 other NPCs that are dressed almost identically that you can't interact with. Her model is very outdated.

• Like 1

First, Maroo is a woman.

Second, is it really hard to find her?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Actually yes, I didn't imagine that an "important character" wouldn't be highlited, now i know because you told me but I assumed she was another non interactable character like all the others besides varzia

25 минут назад, Zakkhar сказал:

This an UI modern gamers are used to:

Yeah, modern players can't find a thing if it's not marked on the screen, compass and minimap at the same time. Too spoiled by overguiding games and lacking exploration skills.

I'd love to see such gamers trying to play Morrowind, where you need to find a cave without any markers, but by following instructions like "go 200 steps south, then turn left and count 100 more steps".

Also, to be fair, sometimes there are 20 players all crowded right in front of her podium if you go to a fuller instance. Sometimes I pick a busy one when going to make an ayatan run and drop a blessing and sellers will be crowded there.