Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion to Improve the Tenet Weapon Grind

Kylo.

As many players know, obtaining the rare Tenet weapons in Warframe currently involves a lot of RNG. You have to do the special mission with the coin system, then hope the Sister of Parvos spawns with the right Tenet weapon out of over a dozen possibilities. On top of that, there's additional RNG with the bonus damage stats each weapon rolls.

To get the maximum potential out of a Tenet weapon, you need multiple copies to fuse together. This means farming the same weapon 5+ times if you want to min-max it. With the current system, it could easily take 5+ hours just to get the Sister to spawn with the right weapon, 5x.

My idea is to tie the Tenet weapon reward to the base weapon you have equipped. For example, if you go into a mission with the Cycron equipped, the Sister would be guaranteed to have the Tenet Cycron if defeated. This would streamline the grind by removing RNG layers and allowing focused farming.

It also incentivises players to acquire and invest in the “base version” of a weapon first, rather than treating it solely as mastery fodder. This way, players have a clear progression path towards obtaining the enhanced Tenet variant, adding depth to their weapon collection journey.

Moreover, when multiple eligible weapons are equipped, the system could randomise between them, ensuring that players with diverse loadouts still have a chance to target specific Tenet weapons while maintaining some degree of unpredictability.

This proposed system shifts the focus more towards defeating the enemy, rather than relying on RNG to spawn them in the first place. With a guaranteed reward tied to player actions, you could spend 1-2 hours perfecting the killing process instead of crossing your fingers for drops.

I believe a system like this could help reduce frustration while maintaining some randomness. It gives players more control and cuts down on excessive grind time. Please share your thoughts on improving the Tenet weapon acquisition.

(This applies to the Kuva weapons / Liches aswell)

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

To get the maximum potential out of a Tenet weapon, you need multiple copies to fuse together.

Getting maximimum potetial is a optional (and in my opinion not worth the hassle).

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

For example, if you go into a mission with the Cycron equipped, the Sister would be guaranteed to have the Tenet Cycron if defeated. This would streamline the grind by removing RNG layers and allowing focused farming.

No. By comparison, there is much Less Sister Tenet weapons than Lich Kuva weapons, so the rotation is much smaller. If someone wants to invest a lot into minnuscule bonus (max potetial), let them. But do not make that easy as you propose.

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

It also incentivises players to acquire and invest in the “base version” of a weapon first, rather than treating it solely as mastery fodder. This way, players have a clear progression path towards obtaining the enhanced Tenet variant, adding depth to their weapon collection journey.

No it doesnt. Whoever treated is as mastery fodder will just keep treating it as such and never equip it anywhere. Whoever wanted to use the weapon will invest in it and likely also try to maximize valence fusion.

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

This proposed system shifts the focus more towards defeating the enemy, rather than relying on RNG to spawn them in the first place. With a guaranteed reward tied to player actions, you could spend 1-2 hours perfecting the killing process instead of crossing your fingers for drops.

This proposal shifts some repeatable content into less repeatable content. All looter shooters have RNG, it is a must for the dopamine mechanism to work. If you remove RNG from the equation, you get chores.

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

I believe a system like this could help reduce frustration while maintaining some randomness

What randomness? Where? 

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

if you go into a mission with the Cycron equipped, the Sister would be guaranteed to have the Tenet Cycron if defeated

Dunno man, but for me if something is guaranteed, it is exact opposite of randomness.

If content frustrates you, do not do it. It is optional.

Edited by Zakkhar

Tenet weapons are fine, what needs to be looked at in terms of time sink is kuva weapons. A sister of parvos takes between 1-2 hours from creation to final kill a lich can take you the entire day. The speed at which you get your murmurs and mostly up the anger on your adversary are VASTLY different between the 2 and it's a damn slog for liches.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

Tenet weapons are fine, what needs to be looked at in terms of time sink is kuva weapons. A sister of parvos takes between 1-2 hours from creation to final kill a lich can take you the entire day. The speed at which you get your murmurs and mostly up the anger on your adversary are VASTLY different between the 2 and it's a damn slog for liches.

Amen!

Well sort of. I agree when it comes to Kuva and Sister Tenet weapons, with the first needing a better weapon selection and faster murmur collection, and the latter being ok.

However, when it comes to Ergo's Tenet weapons, now that grind can f*** right off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

However, when it comes to Ergo's Tenet weapons, now that grind can f*** right off.

I feel like, there's a huge part of this community who just really doesn't want to engage with railjack for some reason. I personally enjoy it a lot, I have all my Tenet melee's and the ferox at 60% and quite literally hundreds of holokeys to spare (wish i could dump them into heminth really..) RJ is a good and fun endo and credit farm for me that is quick and easy even if you might have to come to expect the occasional bug slightly more often than anywhere else in the game~

1 minute ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

I feel like, there's a huge part of this community who just really doesn't want to engage with railjack for some reason. I personally enjoy it a lot, I have all my Tenet melee's and the ferox at 60% and quite literally hundreds of holokeys to spare (wish i could dump them into heminth really..) RJ is a good and fun endo and credit farm for me that is quick and easy even if you might have to come to expect the occasional bug slightly more often than anywhere else in the game~

I happen to like Railjack as well, although I'm not a fan of how easy DE made it compared to its initial release.

That aside, I dislike the severe RNG factor in obtaining the Corrupted Keys, how many you need, and that you are forced to wait possibly weeks for the right progenitor element on the weapon you want.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

That aside, I dislike the severe RNG factor in obtaining the Corrupted Keys, how many you need, and that you are forced to wait possibly weeks for the right progenitor element on the weapon you want.

I feel the chances of actually getting holokeys are quite fair now (esqpecially in higher level proxima regions) but I can definitely understand the wait for the right element feeling frustrating. I worked around this slightly by buying the ones that had either the element I was looking for or just a percentage that would allow me to get to 60% withing one valance fusion. This way I almost always had at least one weapon that felt valuable to me... at least until all I was looking for was a damn heat ferrox lol

2 hours ago, Kylo. said:

I believe a system like this could help reduce frustration while maintaining some randomness. It gives players more control and cuts down on excessive grind time. Please share your thoughts on improving the Tenet weapon acquisition.

The ENTIRE system of the Lich System needs a MASSIVE rework, not just gaining the weapons, I'll be making a post about it at some point, but it needs a really big QOL acquisition. like DE are doing for other stuff.

Ehhh, I think there is some good creative thinking here to try and solve what I do think is something that DE could improve on, there are a few aspects I am not personally sold on, and some other points i am a bit curious on.

To try and address in order though... 5+ hours to get the sister to spawn with the right weapon? Are you including having to acquire a Granum coin or something as a part of the process? Or are you quitting the mission upon looking at the weapon and realising its not the one you want? Which means you are subject to RNG? Remember they implemented a pity system where rejecting the weapon on offer will remove it from the pool, so the process starts to get faster as your pool shrinks. Even if Sisters weapons process can take a bit longer than Lich weapons, (compare having to fight in Granum Void against Errant Spectres vs the Kuva Lich mechanic for creating a Larvae), the weapon pool is smaller, and it should still be shorter than 5+ hours. So that bit puzzles me a little. Not that on its own I necessarily think little of the rest of your points, as I think improvements could be made regardless. 

To the actual suggestions though ehh. I'd prefer something else. What about people who either have their favourite Tenet weapons that they like to use, and are looking to get the rest of the weapons? When Sisters first launched, I was most excited about Tenet Arca Plasma and used that to hunt down the rest of the weapons, including taking on the missions with the Hounds to get Sisters to spawn, and then defeating them with it. With your system, I would only be getting Tenet Arca Plasma's over and over. Which granted, could have been useful when it came to maxxing out its bonus stats but... that was easier enough to do with how the system was (got a 58% on second try, 3 attempts to get the weapon, less than 2 hours to kill the Sister). I wouldn't really want to give up being able to use a weapon I am enjoying just to potentially save on time. Then also what about the people that don't want to use a Tenet weapon to acquire a Sister? Similar issue just from a different perspective. Reducing the RNG, fine and potentially welcome, but tying it to load out... ehhh.. 

I think overall the idea is solid, but maybe the implementation? What if their was some sort of token system or currency, that you earned each time you beat a Sister, and they could be exchanged for certain tokens or items. For example Oull, and the Judgement Requiem Beacon (or whatever the thing is, that you put in the gear wheel that force Spawns a Lich/Sister into your current mission, that you get when you kill a Sister/Lich (well it drop is split between that an a Oull IIRC), that way if you hunt enough Sisters/Liches, you can just buy those with convenience, but also...  have that store offer Ephemera to cut out the RNG from that grind and peoples bad luck. Eventually you could just purchase the one you are missing, and also some sort of item that would let you force spawn a Sister/Lich with a weapon of your choosing. Since its currency based, it would mostly be for those who have already defeated a number of Liches and Sisters already, so no short cuts. Plus those that don't have the need for them, could just buy more Oull or Ephemera and carry on the traditional way. This is just myself spitballing though, criticisms welcome 

I guess i just don't like the idea of being locked into a weapon if I just happen to enjoy using a Kuva or Tenet weapon already. When Infested Liches happen, there is probably going to be a weapon I really like that I will want to use as I am hunting down and acquiring the other weapons. Having to avoid using it to not mess up the pool sounds needlessly frustrating. 

Decent idea though, just with what I consider an oversight. 

30 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

To try and address in order though... 5+ hours to get the sister to spawn with the right weapon? Are you including having to acquire a Granum coin or something as a part of the process? Or are you quitting the mission upon looking at the weapon and realising its not the one you want? Which means you are subject to RNG? Remember they implemented a pity system where rejecting the weapon on offer will remove it from the pool, so the process starts to get faster as your pool shrinks. Even if Sisters weapons process can take a bit longer than Lich weapons, (compare having to fight in Granum Void against Errant Spectres vs the Kuva Lich mechanic for creating a Larvae), the weapon pool is smaller, and it should still be shorter than 5+ hours. So that bit puzzles me a little. Not that on its own I necessarily think little of the rest of your points, as I think improvements could be made regardless. 

5 hours is the time to acquire the weapon I want 5 times, which is probably needed if I were to max out the bonus damage.

31 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

To the actual suggestions though ehh. I'd prefer something else. What about people who either have their favourite Tenet weapons that they like to use, and are looking to get the rest of the weapons? When Sisters first launched, I was most excited about Tenet Arca Plasma and used that to hunt down the rest of the weapons, including taking on the missions with the Hounds to get Sisters to spawn, and then defeating them with it. With your system, I would only be getting Tenet Arca Plasma's over and over. Which granted, could have been useful when it came to maxxing out its bonus stats but... that was easier enough to do with how the system was (got a 58% on second try, 3 attempts to get the weapon, less than 2 hours to kill the Sister). I wouldn't really want to give up being able to use a weapon I am enjoying just to potentially save on time. Then also what about the people that don't want to use a Tenet weapon to acquire a Sister? Similar issue just from a different perspective. Reducing the RNG, fine and potentially welcome, but tying it to load out... ehhh.. 

You only have to use a different weapon than your favourite weapon for the mission where the Sister spawns, for the other missions that lead to the killing of the Sister, you can keep using your favourite weapon.

14 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

5 hours is the time to acquire the weapon I want 5 times, which is probably needed if I were to max out the bonus damage.

Ah gotcha, the way you worded it "it could easily take 5+ hours just to get the Sister to spawn with the right weapon, 5x." to myself, made it sound like you were saying it takes 5+ hours, comma, 5 times/5x, so repeating that initial process five times in subsequent steps after actually defeating the Sister. 

Thank you for clarifying. 

17 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

You only have to use a different weapon than your favourite weapon for the mission where the Sister spawns, for the other missions that lead to the killing of the Sister, you can keep using your favourite weapon.

Sure, but and this is just speaking personally, I would rather just have the current method than this one. Some weapons I like to acquire Sisters wth are Tenet weapons, which would now be automatically off the table because they would be determining which weapon you got.