The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why we cant have on hit status procs if status exceeds status cap?

PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE

Question

Say target has 10 viral.

Applying 11th viral acting like first electric/gas proc dealing its dmg instantly and not after 1s like DoT types ie Bleed/Tox/Heat

No more issues with overstatusing your guns.

No more issues with wasted statuses spent for otherwise 100 impact statuses. They really wont stagger more than 10 really.

No more need for -negative IPS rivens JUST so Acolytes ignore your statuses

Give all statuses dmg they deserve.

13 answers to this question

6 hours ago, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

Say target has 10 viral.

Applying 11th viral acting like first electric/gas proc dealing its dmg instantly and not after 1s like DoT types ie Bleed/Tox/Heat

No more issues with wasted statuses spent for otherwise 100 impact statuses. They really wont stagger more than 10 really.

Can you rephrase / go into more detail on what exactly you want to happen?

Like, do you want Viral procs (after max stacks) to also deal big bursts of damage in addition to the debuff?
Because that just seems ... not balanced lol.

Also, not sure what you're talking about with Acolytes.

• Like 2

To @PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE / @NinjaZeku

So the Status are capped to avoid OverPowered status so they choose the refresh status for extra but

You don't want simply to OP the status with No limit of status but

You want to do Full Damage instantly, an OTT option (OTT : OVER THE TOP).

Status limited to 10 means 10 tic per sec per status for 6s with your option a Fire rate of 40 with 80% status ( = 32status /sec) will do

• 10 tic in in 1/3 second and then base 10 tic/sec + 32 tic per sec. So getting +320% status tic... 😅

12 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

To @PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE / @NinjaZeku

So the Status are capped to avoid OverPowered status so they choose the refresh status for extra but

You don't want simply to OP the status with No limit of status but

You want to do Full Damage instantly, an OTT option (OTT : OVER THE TOP).

Status limited to 10 means 10 tic per sec per status for 6s with your option a Fire rate of 40 with 80% status ( = 32status /sec) will do

• 10 tic in in 1/3 second and then base 10 tic/sec + 32 tic per sec. So getting +320% status tic... 😅

Yeah. But you are forgetting relevant enemies are immune to them anyway except for gas or electric. Being able to apply only 4 calls out for hit and run tactics and if you do weak statuses it makes absolutely no sense at all except for the fact Gas/Electric occuring on hit except after 1 second so if you were to constantly reapply heat it will literally do 0 dmg.

Just trying to put other statuses in par since they just feel dumb to have at status cap + and above.

Now imagine someone bringing Nourish or any other element to your High Electric Status primary totally ruining your dmg output what do you do? Extract and play in Shock Tropper squad instead? GL.

And seriously I'm gonna start all my post beggining with a like: AS A LEGENDARY RANK TENNO... I know what I'm talking about.

Refresh mechanic does nothing and is a quick fix instead of a proper solution.

On 2024-04-30 at 8:52 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Can you rephrase / go into more detail on what exactly you want to happen?

Like, do you want Viral procs (after max stacks) to also deal big bursts of damage in addition to the debuff?
Because that just seems ... not balanced lol.

Also, not sure what you're talking about with Acolytes.

yes. Because every viral procc above status cap is literally wasted. I'm not talking about 100% since faction mods would just straight up abuse this but at least something.

It makes no sense as it is of right now.

Also, Blast should be 0s not AFTER 1s.

22 minutes ago, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

every viral procc above status cap is literally wasted

Not really. You refresh the duration of / replace the oldest Viral proc, thus sustaining the (fully) boosted damage state.

And seriously, Viral procs do NOT need any help. They are more than strong enough right now.

25 minutes ago, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

I have absolutely no clue what this is supposed to mean.

Still the same for the Acolyte comment, BTW.

• Like 2

On 2024-04-30 at 2:31 AM, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

Say target has 10 viral.

If you do not want to waste your Viral stacks, adjust your Viral ratio to other elements, depending on status chance, attack speed/fire rate and Time to Kill.

On 2024-04-30 at 2:31 AM, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

I do not think you understand how Acolyte Status immunity works. It is NOT limited to 4 different statuses (eg. if you proc IPS you can proc only 1 more), is limited to 4 stacks per status:

Acolytes can only receive up to 4 stacks of any Status Effect with the exception of DmgImpactSmall64 Impact which can stack up to 6 times, and DmgRadiationSmall64 Radiation only amplifies the damage the Acolyte receives from allied units and does not enable friendly fire unless those allies themselves are inflicted by the status.

30 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

You refresh the duration of / replace the oldest Viral proc, thus sustaining the (fully) boosted damage state.

Thankyou for the clarification. I had often wondered why sometimes with lower DPS/status weapons but faster fire rates I was getting exceptional results. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:
2 hours ago, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

I have absolutely no clue what this is supposed to mean.

Still the same for the Acolyte comment, BTW.

He means how the damage on DoT works (may be talkig about reworked Blast or just confused)

Damage Tick and Proc Duration
Time From Initial Proc 0s 1s 2s 3s 4s 5s 6s
Damage Tick Occurred? DmgSlashSmall64 Slash ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️
DmgFireSmall64 Heat ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️
DmgToxinSmall64 Toxin ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️
DmgElectricitySmall64 Electricity ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️
DmgGasSmall64 Gas ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️
Edited by Zakkhar

3 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

He means how the damage on DoT works (may be talkig about reworked Blast or just confused)

Blast has no DOT.

There has been no information shared in the official workshop topic about how Blast might get reworked.

TBH, I didn't want someone else to try and interpret what TC said, I was asking them directly to clarify what they meant :P

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

TBH, I didn't want someone else to try and interpret what TC said, I was asking them directly to clarify what they meant :P

Looking at the way he interprets Acolyte 4 Status cap, we can be fair to say he is throughly confused.

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Blast has no DOT.

There has been no information shared in the official workshop topic about how Blast might get reworked.

get with the times old man. They are rebuilding blast to be pretty much identical to gas except after 1 second doing the aoe part without leaving cloud.