The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player told me not to attack in a public match

user_85631

Question

So I was playing the game in a public match and this player told me not to attack. I was doing 64% damage dealt and not 100% damage dealt. I’m also helping them while they are down. So my question is now how would you respond to this situation? Would you continue attacking or not?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Merkranire said:

if you match up with someone like them and they’re hogging the game, they’re not going to stop just because you ask;

Not set in stone. You will not know until you ask in every specific case. No need to try to profile every player before you even open your mouth.

the only time they would is if it’s a detriment to themselves through either leaving themselves open for reporting or they’re hurting their own chances.

I usually give arguments to my reasoniing. If they are playing in blantantly disruptive way, I will be sure to inform them that it is against the rules and they will be reported, with evidence that I am currently gathering. You may say it is sort of a blackmail, but it is as much of a blackmail as asking hooligans to stop vandalizing a bus stop, while informing them you are calling the police.

These are people that need the game to force them to behave

Game itself wont impose anything. It is up to community to keep the standards. You can't stay silent and not react, while expecting things to change.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Not set in stone. You will not know until you ask in every specific case. No need to try to profile every player before you even open your mouth.

You’re right. I forgot that Ervin was a complete mystery to me.

15 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I usually give arguments to my reasoniing. If they are playing in blantantly distruptive way, I will be sure to inform them that it is against the rules and they will be reported, with evidence that I am currently gathering. You may say it is sort of a blackmail, but it is as much of a blackmail as asking hooligans to stop vandalizing a bus stop, while informing them you are calling the police.

Huh. I didn’t know that jumping into a mission and hogging it was against the rules. Who wrote those rules?

16 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Game itself wont impose anything. It is up to community to keep the standards. You can't stay silent and not react, while expecting things to change.

I think the standard is successfully being kept already

45 minutes ago, Merkranire said:
1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

I usually give arguments to my reasoniing. If they are playing in blantantly distruptive way, I will be sure to inform them that it is against the rules and they will be reported, with evidence that I am currently gathering. You may say it is sort of a blackmail, but it is as much of a blackmail as asking hooligans to stop vandalizing a bus stop, while informing them you are calling the police.

Huh. I didn’t know that jumping into a mission and hogging it was against the rules. Who wrote those rules?

Dunno if it's against the rules but if someone overuses something (e.g. don't let teammates damage enemies too much) then expect it to be nerfed. Simple as this. DE wants whole team to do something. 1 person nuking rooms is not sort of things they want you to do. They may not ban you but they will change your toy. If you don't want your toy to be broken don't overuse it. ;)

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, quxier said:

DE wants whole team to do something. 1 person nuking rooms is not sort of things they want you to do.

First time I am hearing this. Seems not right, because they keep making aoe damage dealers. If the nuke completes the mission objective I do not see any problem. Mesa on most open Defenses makes the mission "fun and interactive" for everyone. 

Read what you respond to. One more time (spelling mistake but it was obvious which word I meant).

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/disruptive

Users who are mission griefing, AFKing can also be reported in the report a user category. Please provide screenshots or videos of the users behavior as proof for the support staff. Be sure to take note of the users alias and provide as much information as possible.

https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us/articles/200287090-How-to-deal-with-Cheaters-AFKing-trolling

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:
46 minutes ago, quxier said:

DE wants whole team to do something. 1 person nuking rooms is not sort of things they want you to do.

First time I am hearing this. Seems not right, because they keep making aoe damage dealers. If the nuke completes the mission objective I do not see any problem. Mesa on most open Defenses makes the mission "fun and interactive" for everyone. 

Of course, it's not perfect. It's like their stance against AFK yet they make frame like Xaku that is "close to" afk style (while they could make them more active, via e.g. disarming + give it some bonuses or stuff). I get it.

However through warframe history you could see nerfs in that aspects:

- Banshee earthquake nuking whole room

- Ammo nerf for AoE

- Dante los nerf

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Oooh, I think I get it. You’re talking about disrupting something, like when someone jumps into a multiplayer match and expects to play alongside someone else (something that Solo is kind of notorious for not enabling), and the idea of doing anything, including being a part of weird synergies or any sort of co-op gameplay, gets disrupted by someone else who worries too much about the end of mission stat screen and what it says about them not only as a Warframe build crafter and player, but as a person.

Either that or you’re saying that AFKing and trolling are the only ways to be disruptive and that the ends justify the means, which seems oddly short-sighted and narrow-minded. So instead of assuming the worst, I’m guessing you’re considering more scenarios than just the low-hanging fruit

edit: 🤔 Surely AFKing while someone else who’s built to do the work and wants to do all the work does all the work is perfectly acceptable, partly because the person wants to do all the heavy lifting and partly because all the work is being done already

Edited by Merkranire

vor 28 Minuten schrieb quxier:

Of course, it's not perfect. It's like their stance against AFK yet they make frame like Xaku that is "close to" afk style (while they could make them more active, via e.g. disarming + give it some bonuses or stuff). I get it.

- Ammo nerf for AoE

- Dante los nerf

So... this afk fairy tale is more than ridiculous and not even moon dwellers can be impressed with embarrassing fairy tales...

Certain behavior can be simulated with macros etc. BUT! this way:

1. it is very ineffective
  2. has lousy performance and chance of failure is very high
  3. hf with ban for old account
  4. and much more....

So why these disgusting lies? Just let your guard down and stay in reality...

c31c9bce9177127d94d8c5c8f8b2ac7a.gif

3 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

Oooh, I think I get it. You’re talking about disrupting something, like when someone jumps into a multiplayer match and expects to play alongside someone else (something that Solo is kind of notorious for not enabling), and the idea of doing anything, including being a part of weird synergies or any sort of co-op gameplay, gets disrupted by someone else who worries too much about the end of mission stat screen and what it says about them not only as a Warframe build crafter and player, but as a person.

2/10. You have to practice a lot until it starts looking like witty sarcastic commentary. Do not worry, you will get there. I believe in you.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

2/10. You have to practice a lot until it starts looking like witty sarcastic commentary. Do not worry, you will get there. I believe in you.

Haha, thanks. The faith of a failure is… well, it’s a nice thought, at least. If ever we meet in a mission, I’ll do my AFK thing while you do all the work you specifically built and tweaked your loadout to do (the “solo in multiplayer” kind of deal), and while we shoot the breeze in chat since there’s not a lot else to do, I won’t reasonably complain because I know how far that gets, instead I’ll tell you how helpful you’ve been to both my gaming experience as well as my outlook on life

Edited by Merkranire

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

If ever we meet in a mission, I’ll do my AFK thing while you do all the work you specifically built and tweaked your loadout to do

I often run random missions with random setups so you may wait a long time. 

Also it may be very anticlimactic to you, because depending on the mood, I may record video evidence and send it to the support or just leave the group so you can AFK in peace.

8 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

instead I’ll tell you how helpful you’ve been to both my gaming experience as well as my outlook on life

Man, that is so bad: -1/10. Is someone holding you on gunpoint to say that? That is the only explanationn that comes to mind.

Edited by Zakkhar

Just now, Zakkhar said:

I often run random missions with random setups so you may wait a long time. 

Also it may be very anticlimactic to you, because depending on the mood, I may record video evidence and send it to the support or just leave the group so you can AFK in peace.

Uh oh.  I better look busy then.

Uhhh…. Pew pew goes my gun every so often, I guess, and then back to Youtube. Not that it’s particularly necessary, but long as the footage is weakened as evidence, that’s all I need

🤔 Random setups you say? What kind of considerations are made for other players? Because I do random setups as well, and maybe we’ll actually meet up and it turns out there’s something for both of us to do and unexpected cooperative gameplay emerges where we actually gotta watch each other’s backs, which would undermine the reason for any sort of complaints in a sort of win-win scenario

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

- Ammo nerf for AoE

- Dante los nerf

So... this afk fairy tale is more than ridiculous and not even moon dwellers can be impressed with embarrassing fairy tales...

Certain behavior can be simulated with macros etc. BUT! this way:

1. it is very ineffective
  2. has lousy performance and chance of failure is very high
  3. hf with ban for old account
  4. and much more....

So why these disgusting lies? Just let your guard down and stay in reality...

*le sigh*

I guess you haven't seen afk in your game to call those lie or ineffective. In the era before Overguard, Banshee could sit in one spot in Defense and just kill 99% enemies. Or sitting in one spot, doing AoE in survival mission. No need for macros or 3rd-party software. AFK with few button presses.

And ban? For what? Doing mission efficiently? Disrupting other players? Other player probably were very thankful so they can reach rotation C (20minutes) faster.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Case in point, @SneakyErvin is one of those players who possibly screenshots the end of mission results. You may love weird synergies and emergent co-operation, but if you match up with someone like them and they’re hogging the game, they’re not going to stop just because you ask; the only time they would is if it’s a detriment to themselves through either leaving themselves open for reporting or they’re hurting their own chances.

That just shows you dont know me at all. I dont really care about the end of mission results screen at all, I care about what happens in the mission. If the mission moves along as it should I wont open my mouth, if someone effectively disrupts it by not playing the objective (holding data keys, fishing etc.) or doing it flat out wrong (killing outside cell circle etc.) I'll likely say someting. In the case of OW fishing I tend to just head to the bounty and start it then let it fail and go to extract, then those others can keep fishing if that is what they want.

And if you ask me to stop killing I'll do so if you have a good reason. If it just comes down to how you wanna play then no, since my time is mine and not yours. Same deal if you ask to get a chance to complete a full absurd riven challenge, like 100 finnisher kills while doing defense or something else that can have time reduced by killing. But if you'd ask in a survival I'd just go chill and leave enough for you to chain kill with finishers.

14 hours ago, quxier said:

Dunno if it's against the rules but if someone overuses something (e.g. don't let teammates damage enemies too much) then expect it to be nerfed. Simple as this. DE wants whole team to do something. 1 person nuking rooms is not sort of things they want you to do. They may not ban you but they will change your toy. If you don't want your toy to be broken don't overuse it. ;)

Where do you even get that idea from? If they didnt want a single person to nuke everything then they'd scale enemy health based on group size so people would need the damage equal to several players to kill things, they wouldnt keep it at the same value as solo play. Even heavier targets like Demos and Acolytes lack proper scaling.

13 hours ago, quxier said:

Talk about destroying the meaning of a phrase/acronym. How the heck do you consider Xaku afk? The only thing Xaku has is passive damage output through a buff, but it is still a frame requiring very active play in order to not get overwhelmed, drained or killed. Wukong was the outlier since the clone allowed for near afk gameplay by having no duration, no ammo concerns etc. Meaning you could effectively just find a spot and then move 5m every minute while doing other stuff as the clone killed.

11 hours ago, quxier said:

I guess you haven't seen afk in your game to call those lie or ineffective. In the era before Overguard, Banshee could sit in one spot in Defense and just kill 99% enemies. Or sitting in one spot, doing AoE in survival mission. No need for macros or 3rd-party software. AFK with few button presses.

That was long long before OG was ever a thing. And it wasnt really effective either for Banshee. It fell off quite fast on the star chart, and that was with a Banshee using decent amounts of strength. She (her augment) got changed not because of her damage and efficiency, but because she was one of the first real AFK frames. Since her "damage" potential for that content was still there with the reworked augment, but it actually required interaction with the game. Mostly though, both often resulted in bouncy-castle scenarios more often than not due to dealing way to little damage and just halting enemies in their tracks over and over and over.

20 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:
15 hours ago, quxier said:

Where do you even get that idea from? If they didnt want a single person to nuke everything then they'd scale enemy health based on group size so people would need the damage equal to several players to kill things, they wouldnt keep it at the same value as solo play. Even heavier targets like Demos and Acolytes lack proper scaling.

And you think that would stop 1-man nukers? Say with 2 players, you get 2x ehp. However I have armor strip where another person doesn't. I'm doing MASSIVE damage compared to person without armor strip. And that's 1 example.

23 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:
14 hours ago, quxier said:

Talk about destroying the meaning of a phrase/acronym.

That's why I said "close to" so no one would get angry about their belowed AFK term... It wasn't enough. Seriously, think AFK as away from keyboard 100% OF TIME. Now when you are "close to 100%" means that you press keys from time to time.

29 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

How the heck do you consider Xaku afk? The only thing Xaku has is passive damage output through a buff, but it is still a frame requiring very active play in order to not get overwhelmed, drained or killed.

What about:

- 2nd cannot be recast at full guns

- 2nd have stopped time 4th, hence cannot be recast.

- 1st same as above.

- Gaze (3rd) with 4th have long duration

- Xaku style consist of setting up 1,2,3 and stopping time with 4th (and recast from time to time).

You basically run from one Gaze to another, killing enemies. Maybe proc Viral? There is dog or something like Nukor.

Seriously if you are using Xaku as intended then you are not having "very active play". Tapping 4th from time to time, holding gun button etc. IS NOT very active play. I mean... it's very active but not play. I can type random letters pretty quickly. I don't consider it as "good typing speed". I've changed STyanax' armor strip (tap to armor strip in front of me). I go around slapping that button and holding left mouse button. Seriously, that's not "active play".

7 minutes ago, quxier said:

And you think that would stop 1-man nukers? Say with 2 players, you get 2x ehp. However I have armor strip where another person doesn't. I'm doing MASSIVE damage compared to person without armor strip. And that's 1 example.

You are kinda just proving my point that 1-man nuking has never been unintended or against DEs idea of the game. Since even if they add scaling to cater to groups, it would still fall flat.

8 minutes ago, quxier said:

That's why I said "close to" so no one would get angry about their belowed AFK term... It wasn't enough. Seriously, think AFK as away from keyboard 100% OF TIME. Now when you are "close to 100%" means that you press keys from time to time.

Which isnt the case for Xaku. But it was for Wukong. My whole point was how you can see Xaku as even close to AFK.

9 minutes ago, quxier said:

What about:

- 1st same as above.

- Xaku style consist of setting up 1,2,3 and stopping time with 4th (and recast from time to time).

You basically run from one Gaze to another, killing enemies. Maybe proc Viral? There is dog or something like Nukor.

Seriously if you are using Xaku as intended then you are not having "very active play". Tapping 4th from time to time, holding gun button etc. IS NOT very active play. I mean... it's very active but not play. I can type random letters pretty quickly. I don't consider it as "good typing speed". I've changed STyanax' armor strip (tap to armor strip in front of me). I go around slapping that button and holding left mouse button. Seriously, that's not "active play".

Like seriously lol? What out of any of that results in close to AFK? Just that you actively use your weapon and constantly move are very strong indications it is not close to AFK. Unless you now also claim buff frames are close to AFK since they barely use their skills and only run around and hold E and cast the occasional debuff? Clearly then my Dante is an AFK frame aswell, since I currently play him as a weapon/melee platform that rebuffs once each 70-ish seconds or so and then only use DV like you use styanax armor strip. Since obviously using only a single skill over and over is close to AFK.

Logic + you = 👍

vor 20 Minuten schrieb SneakyErvin:

Like seriously lol? What out of any of that results in close to AFK? Just that you actively use your weapon and constantly move are very strong indications it is not close to AFK. Unless you now also claim buff frames are close to AFK since they barely use their skills and only run around and hold E and cast the occasional debuff? Clearly then my Dante is an AFK frame aswell, since I currently play him as a weapon/melee platform that rebuffs once each 70-ish seconds or so and then only use DV like you use styanax armor strip. Since obviously using only a single skill over and over is close to AFK.

Logic + you = 👍

Actually a very difficult question, because the software has evolved a lot in the meantime.
Many years ago there were websites for D3 bots where anyone with a monthly subscription could easily farm AFK. Even back then the bots were damn good and played like a very hard-working player. So only an expert could possibly detect fraud.

and even causal players can easily program macros with keyboard/mouse software. This means that AFK farming is definitely possible. even if it is a waste of time and absolutely mindless because it can lead to an account ban.

We now even have tools like chatgpt. and already worse. Because for several months there has been hardcore software that can even fake real life videos, pronunciation and intonation. REALITIME and in video chat!
A relatively small company with poorly paid devs can never program usable anti-cheat software against it... the only advantage here is that people who can do that would rather earn many millions of €/$ and not waste their time on pointless digital garbage.. .

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:
31 minutes ago, quxier said:

What about:

- 1st same as above.

Expand  

Like seriously lol? What out of any of that results in close to AFK? Just that you actively use your weapon and constantly move are very strong indications it is not close to AFK.

Then I ask "what is game?".  Is this game: https://worldenddisk.itch.io/how-to-make-a-cup-of-tea It's great experience but I wouldn't call it a game. You just walk around, click on image, see different things. That's it. What is Xaku's gameplay I mentioned? Moving around, spamming keys etc. Very similar to experience from above link.

AFK is meant to be be the least engaging as possible YET giving you some rewards (exp, loot etc). Literal definition is "away" from keyboard. However this definition excludes 99% cases just because you are close to keyboard, even it's once every few minutes. I prefer define amount of engagement & decision per some time. Less engagement/decisions = "closer" to afk. With Xaku there can be just running, pressing keys without engaging with enemies too much. It's like playing game on autopilot. Sure, if you have played a lot or you are on "low levels" then it happens. However some frames "turn autopilot" more easily.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Unless you now also claim buff frames are close to AFK since they barely use their skills and only run around and hold E and cast the occasional debuff?

It really depends what you do. Sure, some frames are more 'cast & forget', which is imho bad. However you can still engage with game other ways. It depends if frames plays it for you or just buffs you. It's always on the spectrum.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Clearly then my Dante is an AFK frame aswell, since I currently play him as a weapon/melee platform that rebuffs once each 70-ish seconds or so and then only use DV like you use styanax armor strip. Since obviously using only a single skill over and over is close to AFK.

That doesn't tell me how you play him exactly. Larger amount of keypresses doesn't mean you play less on autopilot, like I've explained above. You can use 1 skill very often and be "far from" afk style and vice versa. Dante has lot of keypresses if you want to use 4th. Basically 3 presses for 1 functionality.

To be honest I find my Dante "little far from" afk at some levels. It expect me to make many decisions. First energy is used via tome mods. Then you have short immortality (I like to cast it on some bosses like Corrupted jackal). Then you have damage dealer (3/334 and Noctua). 334/Noctua requires more aiming.

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That just shows you dont know me at all. I dont really care about the end of mission results screen at all, I care about what happens in the mission. If the mission moves along as it should I wont open my mouth, if someone effectively disrupts it by not playing the objective (holding data keys, fishing etc.) or doing it flat out wrong (killing outside cell circle etc.) I'll likely say someting. In the case of OW fishing I tend to just head to the bounty and start it then let it fail and go to extract, then those others can keep fishing if that is what they want.

And if you ask me to stop killing I'll do so if you have a good reason. If it just comes down to how you wanna play then no, since my time is mine and not yours. Same deal if you ask to get a chance to complete a full absurd riven challenge, like 100 finnisher kills while doing defense or something else that can have time reduced by killing. But if you'd ask in a survival I'd just go chill and leave enough for you to chain kill with finishers.

Haha, you're not exactly hard to figure, Ervin; if anything slows down your grindspeed addiction, you make sure that it doesn’t. It does beg the question of why you’re jumping into a multiplayer match where you match up with different people who aren’t as worried about efficiency. And I raise an eyebrow and smirk at the idea that I could ask you to chill and you’d listen; since you can’t figure out how to be anything other than complete mission hog or useless lump with zero nuance in between, I’m imagining that maybe you’d sit back if you were feeling generous, but in due time you’d be chomping at the bit to show everyone how it’s done with your big boy builds in content that was never designed for it.

Not that I’d do a challenge in multiplayer unless it happened over the course of just playing the mission; even in solo I typically let them happen naturally, so asking you to go stand in the corner because you’re being too disruptive while I do something I could do in solo is something that I guess you would do, which is a bit weird.

Anyways, you’ll be pleased to know I’ve been informing others of your approach whenever they have a quandary involving what to do when engaging with others; when the concern is “I’m being complained at”, I tell them “Tell the complainer to get bent and do your own thing”

• Like 1

On 2024-05-13 at 7:51 AM, user_85631 said:

So I was playing the game in a public match and this player told me not to attack. I was doing 64% damage dealt and not 100% damage dealt. I’m also helping them while they are down. So my question is now how would you respond to this situation? Would you continue attacking or not?

Broadly speaking, if someone asked me to do something that I was unsure of, I think the best course of action is to reply with "Why?"  Then you can decide what to do based on their explanation.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, quxier said:

I prefer define amount of engagement & decision per some time. Less engagement/decisions = "closer" to afk.

Yeah and what you prefer here doesnt matter. AFK even here literally means automation to the point where you can step away from the keyboard. This only applies/applied to a few frames and Xaku is clearly not one, since they will die if left just standing and "hiding". Wukong was the prime example since there were no real risks just spawning the clone and letting it kill as you practically did something else not at the PC. 

It really depends what you do

It really doesnt, since they require constant input to do anything.

That doesn't tell me how you play him exactly.

Same here, it doesnt matter since in order to do anything you are required constant input of some sort, be it relying on weapons or your nuking, otherwise you get nowhere. Wukong could just spawn the clone and then stand there and have it kill. We dont have anything else that would be afk farming, since everything else needs input. The one exception could be Octavia since her roller roams, but it can also end up failing with mobs spawning in the wrong places.

16 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Haha, you're not exactly hard to figure, Ervin; if anything slows down your grindspeed addiction, you make sure that it doesn’t. It does beg the question of why you’re jumping into a multiplayer match where you match up with different people who aren’t as worried about efficiency. And I raise an eyebrow and smirk at the idea that I could ask you to chill and you’d listen; since you can’t figure out how to be anything other than complete mission hog or useless lump with zero nuance in between, I’m imagining that maybe you’d sit back if you were feeling generous, but in due time you’d be chomping at the bit to show everyone how it’s done with your big boy builds in content that was never designed for it.

Except I just pointed out the opposite. So are you now claiming that someone you absolutely dont know, and have never played with is lying?

Not that I’d do a challenge in multiplayer unless it happened over the course of just playing the mission; even in solo I typically let them happen naturally, so asking you to go stand in the corner because you’re being too disruptive while I do something I could do in solo is something that I guess you would do, which is a bit weird.

Which is good, but some others do and sometimes ask people if there is a possibility they can finish it. And why you think it is something I would do is odd, since that was never implied. I simply said I'm OK with others asking, if it is a sensible request given the mission type.

Also seriously fun that you first say I wont let anything slow down my speed, then you go and say I'm probably also the guy doing riven challenges in public. Those two do not add up, since it would effectively slow me down unlocking riven challenges in public and it would slow down the mission aswell. So which person am I in your mind? Since I cant possibly be both at the same time. Could simply also be that I'm neither, and just OK with requests and never actually bring rivens to unlock in public.

Anyways, you’ll be pleased to know I’ve been informing others of your approach whenever they have a quandary involving what to do when engaging with others; when the concern is “I’m being complained at”, I tell them “Tell the complainer to get bent and do your own thing”

My approach?

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Except I just pointed out the opposite. So are you now claiming that someone you absolutely dont know, and have never played with is lying?

I think 25 pages (and beyond) of arguing about this, where you fought back so very hard against the very notion of giving others the chance to breath in a mission because doing so meant you had to *gasp*, change something about your standard approach and do something other than efficiently grind; I think that’s calling you a double-standard liar who says things that sound good, but when pressed you crumple and fall back to being selfish and inconsiderate.

Which incidentally leads into

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

My approach?

Yeah, y’know the one I’m talking about, you silly goose. The approach where-in you jump into multiplayer with zero consideration for others beyond whether they can help you grind faster, where your closed mind dismisses any attempts to see it from another’s perspective or learning how to work alongside others while claiming that mission complete is the only thing worth thinking about and that you’re doing them a favour, and when given the opportunity to try it for yourself you bungle even the most basic approach because you know better and ignore if not outright refuse to engage with the key components that are part of the whole “Not destroying everything for yourself or others when you step into the room” and then act like you even know what the other person is talking about and that they’re being unreasonable and irrational.

That kind of approach; I’ve been telling others that they need to tell whiners to get bent, since those who can do so must exercise all of their power to have fun, regardless of others (though again, why are they in multiplayer…?)

14 hours ago, Merkranire said:

I think 25 pages (and beyond) of arguing about this, where you fought back so very hard against the very notion of giving others the chance to breath in a mission because doing so meant you had to *gasp*, change something about your standard approach and do something other than efficiently grind; I think that’s calling you a double-standard liar who says things that sound good, but when pressed you crumple and fall back to being selfish and inconsiderate.

Which incidentally leads into

Not at all. That was simply about what one should expect, that doesnt mean that if someone asks about something specific one cant listen and go along with it. Just slowing down for the sake of slowing down is one thing, slowing down to let someone do a specific objective they need (if they ask) wouldnt be strange. You are just upset at me for your specific playstyle not being the norm, which is what I pointed out, that you are the minority yet act as if everyone else should follow you.

14 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Yeah, y’know the one I’m talking about, you silly goose. The approach where-in you jump into multiplayer with zero consideration for others beyond whether they can help you grind faster, where your closed mind dismisses any attempts to see it from another’s perspective or learning how to work alongside others while claiming that mission complete is the only thing worth thinking about and that you’re doing them a favour, and when given the opportunity to try it for yourself you bungle even the most basic approach because you know better and ignore if not outright refuse to engage with the key components that are part of the whole “Not destroying everything for yourself or others when you step into the room” and then act like you even know what the other person is talking about and that they’re being unreasonable and irrational.

That kind of approach; I’ve been telling others that they need to tell whiners to get bent, since those who can do so must exercise all of their power to have fun, regardless of others (though again, why are they in multiplayer…?)

No one has said that. You are again disengenous and while also seeing yourself as the center. 

Look at it this way. I bring what I always bring, that doesnt stop me from slowing down if someone ask for a specific need. You however, bringing the bare minimum, cannot "up your game" if others ask you to, since you dont have those items with you. So you practically twist and pervert what is actually being said.

If I were like you say I wouldnt stop to kill Angels in EDA if someone dies, I'd just bulldoze the objective and head for EZ. But I dont do that, I make sure to see to it that everyone is up before we extract so everyone gets their rewards for the work we put in as a group. I'd also not take a detour to help someone kill a gruzzler or whisper when I have zero interest in what they drop. Yet I do.