Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is rivens worth the time?

EVTAKOM

Question

So Im 26MR and never selled rivens only veiled ones.Rolled some good rivens and cant sell them even for 100 plat as peoples said to me only god rolls can be sold for good amount of plat everything else is cheap thrash.So does spending kuva and hoping for god roll worth time?If im opening relics i can get ~100plat so which method is more efficient?

17 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, EVTAKOM said:

Rolled some good rivens and cant sell them even for 100 plat as peoples said to me only god rolls can be sold for good amount of plat everything else is cheap thrash.

I agree some Rivens can sell for a hefty amount of plat if they come with the preferred stats for a Given weapon, however if they will be sellable or trash will depend entirely on the Weapon they are for. Some weapons have good stats but the way they function restricts how much they will benefit from these stats or the benefit of a Riven, some weapons are just bad to the core and no modding or godlike Riven will save them, examples being the Plasma Sword and Stug.

6 minutes ago, EVTAKOM said:

So does spending kuva and hoping for god roll worth time? If im opening relics i can get ~100plat so which method is more efficient?

I would suggest you do the Kuva farming and Rerolling to get a decent Riven for your self, leave the Plat farming for the Relic Popping.

• Like 2

vor 8 Minuten schrieb EVTAKOM:

So Im 26MR and never selled rivens only veiled ones.Rolled some good rivens and cant sell them even for 100 plat as peoples said to me only god rolls can be sold for good amount of plat everything else is cheap thrash.So does spending kuva and hoping for god roll worth time?If im opening relics i can get ~100plat so which method is more efficient?

unfortunately not. pure waste of time.
Just because it's possible doesn't mean it will be the case for you. or what is the chance of winning 10 million euros in the lottery? 50% / 50%? because you either win or you don't?

and this is about pure math as always. how fast can I generate 5k plat? Something like that costs a cool riven mod, right?
Because for that I need 1-2 months with causal trades. and I reach my goal and don't have to hope for divine "luck".

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, EVTAKOM said:

So this right here can lead in strange terrain, on one hand you can become a full time kuva farmer and roll away hoping to get those perfect positive and negative stats or you can do literally anything else, riven flipping can be insanely toxic peoples ideas of god rolls can differ for example the standard god roll on a fire arm is +multi shot,  crit chance, crit damage -zoom this is your basic groll depending on the meta state of the weapon this can bring in a a couple of k plat, but also note that the numbers can differ so you could get +110 ms but on another role you could get +115 this increases the price, also a basic riven can bring in an ok amount of plat even with bad stats just because of how popular the weapon is, my honest opinion to keep things enjoyable is don’t go to deep into riven rolling, enjoy the game, farm some frames sets, weapon sets etc, remember rolling rivens is a gamble know when to stop:)

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

15 minutes ago, EVTAKOM said:

Rivens are complicated, but there's some serious platinum available. I won't reveal my secrets across the whole internet, but its a market just like any other. Understanding value is important, and that's whether you're buying to resell or simply rolling to sell. I'm personally sitting on ~24.5kp that I've made exclusively off the riven market, and I genuinely give away thousands of platinum all the time to friends/clan/alliance (probably about 10kp over the last few months).

2 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

unfortunately not. pure waste of time.
Just because it's possible doesn't mean it will be the case for you. or what is the chance of winning 10 million euros in the lottery? 50% / 50%? because you either win or you don't?

and this is about pure math as always. how fast can I generate 5k plat? Something like that costs a cool riven mod, right?
Because for that I need 1-2 months with causal trades. and I reach my goal and don't have to hope for divine "luck".

Fairly easy to make a few thousand platinum off of just Steel Essence weekly kuva cap. Just gotta know what to roll and when to stop. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Agall:

Fairly easy to make a few thousand platinum off of just Steel Essence weekly kuva cap. Just gotta know what to roll and when to stop. 

clear. like everywhere else in life.
But human skill is also needed here. So not everyone can do that.

This is about a general solution.

3 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

clear. like everywhere else in life.
But human skill is also needed here. So not everyone can do that.

This is about a general solution.

The general solution makes things too easy, why I won't discuss it openly on the internet. The thing I'll say NOT to do is waste all your kuva on the same set of rivens that everyone else is, like Torid, Latron, Tox, etc. Applying simple economics to the concept of supply/demand and saturation.

Gerade eben schrieb Agall:

The general solution makes things too easy, why I won't discuss it openly on the internet. The thing I'll say NOT to do is waste all your kuva on the same set of rivens that everyone else is, like Torid, Latron, Tox, etc. Applying simple economics to the concept of supply/demand and saturation.

The tricks have to remain secret because you're harming yourself.
just like unique and kick-ass builds. Because if something like that becomes public, everything will be ruined. and here I am 200% sure

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Agall said:

Let me just throw all this kuva in on slaytra, give me a groll god damn it.

Do you enjoy farming kuva over and over and over again so that you can roll the riven forever? Do you like to spend too much time trying to then sell the riven to people who might have bad platinum even if you can agree on a price so you're then left with nothing? Do you like to then complain on the forums about how you've made the game boring because you're on this treadmill covered with Lego and you're no longer doing a variety of things in the game and having fun?

Then riven trading may be for you!

IMHO just play the rivens you find if they're useful. Roll them until they're better than a standard mod in a slot. I've spent the time grinding all the items in the game because I enjoy playing the game. But there can be cases where one's time is better spent using the money you made at your job for that 100 plat for slots or cosmetics instead of turning the game into another job with effectively worse pay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hobie-wan said:

Do you enjoy farming kuva over and over and over again so that you can roll the riven forever? Do you like to spend too much time trying to then sell the riven to people who might have bad platinum even if you can agree on a price so you're then left with nothing? Do you like to then complain on the forums about how you've made the game boring because you're on this treadmill covered with Lego and you're no longer doing a variety of things in the game and having fun?

Boom this part right here, riven road can become a different universe i did it for 2 months, arbis, into a streel path survival, into zariman for pinnions, once the place that required resources where dried up ie teshin, yonta, the lady in iron wake (always forget her name) it’s arbis over and over get to a few million kuva and dump it into rivens never, ever again the loop was depressing lol.

9 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

The tricks have to remain secret because you're harming yourself.
just like unique and kick-ass builds. Because if something like that becomes public, everything will be ruined. and here I am 200% sure

My riven trading skills are confidential, otherwise everyone would be doing them. It's not some crazy exploit or abuse, just economics at work. I tell people in clan/alliance all the time about them, but I'm reluctant to make them publicly available. It still takes effort and some knowledge (and some risk) but I've proven it to be an effective method for easy platinum. No different than probably anyone else who's made a lot of platinum off of riven sales.

Only about 10kp of what I have currently is exclusively profits from good RNG on a couple 'god rolls', which are almost never worth hanging onto. A few thousand platinum profit off a single riven is always worth it in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Boom this part right here, riven road can become a different universe i did it for 2 months, arbis, into a streel path survival, into zariman for pinnions, once the place that required resources where dried up ie teshin, yonta, the lady in iron wake (always forget her name) it’s arbis over and over get to a few million kuva and dump it into rivens never, ever again the loop was depressing lol.

Really you only need some starting platinum to profit off the riven market. Rolling them with kuva is just another method.

1 minute ago, Agall said:

My riven trading skills are confidential, otherwise everyone would be doing them. It's not some crazy exploit or abuse, just economics at work. I tell people in clan/alliance all the time about them, but I'm reluctant to make them publicly available. It still takes effort and some knowledge (and some risk) but I've proven it to be an effective method for easy platinum. No different than probably anyone else who's made a lot of platinum off of riven sales.

Only about 10kp of what I have currently is exclusively profits from good RNG on a couple 'god rolls', which are almost never worth hanging onto. A few thousand platinum profit off a single riven is always worth it in my opinion. 

Really you only need some starting platinum to profit off the riven market. Rolling them with kuva is just another method.

I’m fully aware, but that wasn’t the point i was simply saying i agree with hobies point i tried that kuva grind, i wanted to try and get into rivens i have plenty of plat:)

6 minutes ago, Agall said:

But that depends if you want to be playing a stock market simulator, not a space ninja action looter shooter.

2 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

But that depends if you want to be playing a stock market simulator, not a space ninja action looter shooter.

Why not both?

Really, once you hit a certain amount of platinum, it ceases to be a problem unless you're making just absurdly poor decisions. 

Other than DE finally getting me to switch Warframes after >10 years, rivens are the end game.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

I’m fully aware, but that wasn’t the point i was simply saying i agree with hobies point i tried that kuva grind, i wanted to try and get into rivens i have plenty of plat:)

I just do Steel Essence weekly cap and Riven Slivers (since I have years worth of those at this point). I also test builds at level cap, so I inevitably get tons of Steel Essence, before Sunday having about 2000 SE.

Most people should stick to the easier sources of platinum like cracking rivens to sell parts. I just don't care to only be turning double digits worth of platinum per trade, so I've generally just given away Prime sets to friends. That's otherwise a steady source of platinum, enough to make a few hundred if not close to 1000 platinum per week with a decent amount of gameplay.

2 minutes ago, Agall said:

Why not both?

Really, once you hit a certain amount of platinum, it ceases to be a problem unless you're making just absurdly poor decisions. 

Other than DE finally getting me to switch Warframes after >10 years, rivens are the end game.

I just do Steel Essence weekly cap and Riven Slivers (since I have years worth of those at this point). I also test builds at level cap, so I inevitably get tons of Steel Essence, before Sunday having about 2000 SE.

Most people should stick to the easier sources of platinum like cracking rivens to sell parts. I just don't care to only be turning double digits worth of platinum per trade, so I've generally just given away Prime sets to friends. That's otherwise a steady source of platinum, enough to make a few hundred if not close to 1000 platinum per week with a decent amount of gameplay.

Awesome, good for you jeeze lol.

On 2024-05-14 at 2:57 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

I would suggest you do the Kuva farming and Rerolling to get a decent Riven for your self, leave the Plat farming for the Relic Popping.

Couldn't say it better myself.

Rivens can be great, but it's a rough market to actually make plat with. Requiring both good luck with rolls, but deep knowledge of modding and the riven system to know what rolls are good for what weapon, or even what weapon a riven is worth rolling. Pricing is another can of worms.

You're much better off getting something for your favorite weapons, with stats YOU like.

On 2024-05-14 at 1:46 PM, EVTAKOM said:

The biggest issue with Rivens from a trade/sales perspective is that broadly speaking they have a low amount of liquidity; which is to say, they are challenging to buy and sell.  People who are buying tend to want very specific things out of their Rivens, so it can take a lot of time and effort to match yourself with buyer.  And this means that selling rolled Rivens generally has a sub-par opportunity cost.  Because sure, you might eventually find a buyer and make a good amount of platinum, but you would have been able to make more platinum with less effort if you had spent the same amount of time and energy farming and selling something with higher liquidity, like Prime Parts.