The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What innate element do you recommend for the Kuva Sobek and Tenet Glaxion if I don’t take into account any WF buffs?

MutoManiac

Question

Hi! Before I go out and get more copies to get to the 60%, which elements would work well? I’m currently using cold for the Glaxion and adding radiation. I’m a fan of hybrid builds for both crit and status. For the Sobek, it seems meh so far, but any advice there would be welcome, also keep in mind I don’t play Saryn. I’m also not looking to make my primary a priming weapon, just the most damage I can squeeze out of the weapon itself. TIA

7 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

gun CO exists.

There is no IPS, so CO is less viable.

Cold proc Arcanes are interesting tho.  So i think Magnetic or Rad would be ok.   After JS, magnetic will probably be even better.

Without any external buffs, going the good old Viral+Slash route would be the best, so Toxin progenitor.

If you can apply Viral to your enemies through your secondary or companion then go Corrosive+Slash with optional Radiation and take Magnetic progenitor for max CO benefits and to be faction universal.

2 hours ago, Kainosh said:

There is no IPS, so CO is less viable.

Cold proc Arcanes are interesting tho.  So i think Magnetic or Rad would be ok.   After JS, magnetic will probably be even better.

I would definitely like to keep cold on it so mag and rad like you mentioned are the only options right?

As Frost Main, with My Colder than Space Vandal Glaxion, I usually go for :

• 3 elements : Corrosive (2 status mods) + Radiation (1 mods) + Cold (1 status mods)
  • Extra cold : Shivering Contagion, Primary Frostbite + Galvanized Chamber + Galvanized Aptitude (direct damage per status)
  • So best extra could be : Impact (4th status, ) then Magnetic (4th status)

The enemies status type rework may favor Impact (vs all factions) above Magnetic (Corpus only)...

Not Fan of Sobek but without innate element et with the recent radiation one, only heat is ok for Viral/Corrosive + Radiation + Another Element...

5 hours ago, MutoManiac said:

I would definitely like to keep cold on it so mag and rad like you mentioned are the only options right?

You could also do impact, which opens up slash through internal bleeding.   Offhand, I'm skeptical this is worthwhile compared to magnetic, plus Hunter Munitions if you want slash.  But it's a third option.

I really like Rad.   But since it has a one slot option now I'd shy away from it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RLanzinger said:

As Frost Main, with My Colder than Space Vandal Glaxion, I usually go for :

• 3 elements : Corrosive (2 status mods) + Radiation (1 mods) + Cold (1 status mods)
  • Extra cold : Shivering Contagion, Primary Frostbite + Galvanized Chamber + Galvanized Aptitude (direct damage per status)
  • So best extra could be : Impact (4th status, ) then Magnetic (4th status)

The enemies status type rework may favor Impact (vs all factions) above Magnetic (Corpus only)...

Not Fan of Sobek but without innate element et with the recent radiation one, only heat is ok for Viral/Corrosive + Radiation + Another Element...

39 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

You could also do impact, which opens up slash through internal bleeding.   Offhand, I'm skeptical this is worthwhile compared to magnetic, plus Hunter Munitions if you want slash.  But it's a third option.

I really like Rad.   But since it has a one slot option now I'd shy away from it.

Thanks guys, I went magnetic for now and my build below where the riven is hiding Vital Sense and I need to go farm for more frostbite. Probably need to reroll my riven to get some multishot. Four forma into the build and the Glaxion and Sobek both feel meh. I guess we got spoiled by the incarnon weapons. Then again, I've had guns where just one mod or forma later and they become great. A little disappointed (actually forgot about new weapon dispo) that the rivens I had for them are dispo 1 and lower the stats quite a bit. How long does it take for dispositions to go back up, years? 

I hope that the changes coming up later this summer will make them both better, otherwise I'll just keep using my Boar Prime incarnon which is stupid strong with a high fire rate, multishot, CD riven. ;) 

53S9Clo.jpeg

Edited by MutoManiac