The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] What's wrong with the New adversary weapons

Byggvirforseti

Hello everyone, 

I have around 1100 hourish in the game (on this account 🤷) and I loooove to theorycraft, here's my opinion on the New adversary weapons.

First, the most lacking one :

Kuva Sobek -

It's the Sobek. I could elaborate, and I will, but to put it simply, it's a slighlty better Sobek, nothing more. Don't waste your Time getting it if you don't like the Sobek, or even if you like it, it's not worth chasing for it

Now What's wrong with it ? Well, it's the Sobek. You have plenty of augment for this weapon, which is great. The stat bump is good, the damage buff is negligible. As of now, acid shell is bugged due to a Line of Sight problem, until it's fixed it's not even worth to play the base version or this weapon. 

There's is nothing added to this weapon, the "greatly improved reload Time" is not that huge, it's still clunky. The way of modding it ? You see your Sobek ? Yes, use the same loadout.

It bring absolutely nothing, you can somewhat Crit with it, but the cedo does it better, you can prime, but the cedo does it better. Compared to something like the Kuva Hek or the Kuva Kohm, it's bottom tier until they fix acid shell, and when they will, just stick to your sobek.

Something that would have made the weapon better or at least fun or worth it, would have been like adding base penetration and explosive shells (like 2.5 meters) and cutting the reload time AT LEAST by half so it would have been a really better option and modded differently.

No secondary fire, no gimmick, the best mod for the base weapon doesn't work as intended, just stick to base Sobek and if you somehow stumble upon it, if you already have everything else, maybe consider getting it. 

Tenet Glaxion -

It's the Glaxion with chaining beam. It will be pretty OP After the jade shadow update because of the upgrade to cold status effect. 

BUT : why use the tenet Glaxion when you can use something like, I don't know, the best beam weapon with the exact same feature but with actual critical chance and a lot more damage, AKA the Torid. You want a status weapon to stack those juicy proc ? Kuva Nukor.

The problem here is the lack of unique feature this weapon have and how easily replaceable it is. The vandal Glaxion does a better job at being a fun weapon because of the sphere at the of the beam.

You have few option to mod it, as it is clearly a status weapon, despite the fact that the augment is based on crit, just get a magnetic one, put it on saryn with nourish, galvanized aptitude and you're good to go, but it will still be 10x less effective than a Torid incarnon barely modded.

A way it would have been fun to make : A Split beam affected by multishot. Like ivara's hunter bow. Having a beam weapon that fire 3-4-5 beam horizontaly would be fun (that's the reason people still uses Phage despite how garbage it is, because it's fun and with a Riven it Can become decent).

A penetration beam that would act like the opticor but continuous.

A weapon that create ice projectile on death with guaranteed cold proc +modded status chance, works with multishot. A Real "snowball" weapon.

But you have a worse Torid incarnon.

So I made this feedback, because I think it was necessary, since I enjoy New content, but it doesn't even feel new at this point, just a worse version of what we already have. 

• Like 2

Just now, Byggvirforseti said:

BUT : why use the tenet Glaxion when you can use something like, I don't know, the best beam weapon with the exact same feature but with actual critical chance and a lot more damage, AKA the Torid. 

Because Torid is ugly AF

Fashion over DPS

• Like 4

il y a 6 minutes, (PSN)Sentiel a dit :

Because Torid is ugly AF

Fashion over DPS

I mean, yeah. Fashion Frame IS the true end game, but you know, like phantasma (the box cutter) or the cedo (the horse di-you know what I mean), but at least they were New, and I find the vandal Glaxion a lot funnier to use while having the same skin :')

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Byggvirforseti said:

BUT : why use the tenet Glaxion when you can use something like, I don't know, the best beam weapon with the exact same feature but with actual critical chance and a lot more damage, AKA the Torid.

I have beam 100% of the time instead of "charge & run" style.

19 minutes ago, Byggvirforseti said:

A way it would have been fun to make : A Split beam affected by multishot. Like ivara's hunter bow. Having a beam weapon that fire 3-4-5 beam horizontaly would be fun (that's the reason people still uses Phage despite how garbage it is, because it's fun and with a Riven it Can become decent).

19 minutes ago, Byggvirforseti said:

A weapon that create ice projectile on death with guaranteed cold proc +modded status chance, works with multishot. A Real "snowball" weapon.

+1

I think the biggest issue is that the Sobek has 3 unique mods, compared to the Glaxion's one unique mod.

There also exists Combustion Beam which functions in a similar manner to Acid Shells, but with one key difference.

Acid Shells can scale with enemy health, while Combustion Beam does not. (I think Combustion Beam has a smaller AoE too but I haven't checked.)

Posted (edited)

The Cedo turns me off because of its gimmick and how it relies a lot on that gimmick. That leaves the Kuva Sobek as probably the best straight-forward auto-shotgun now even without mod gimmicks. I'm still probably going to run my Astilla, though, even if it's more of a grenade launcher than shotgun

I hate chain-beam gimmicks as well, so I'll probably be avoiding the Glaxion just out of principle. The Vandal does a good job and I have a riven for it that I'm pretty happy with

Edited by Pakaku

I'm annoyed they put no thought into the tenet glaxion and made it another chain beam. i hate the chain beams as they don't make sense at all even with all the crazy stuff in game.

They could have given it a cool unique mechanic but they chose something boring so i'm going to stick to my vandal glaxion.

• Like 2

En 16/5/2024 a las 18:35, Byggvirforseti dijo:

As of now, acid shell is bugged due to a Line of Sight problem, until it's fixed it's not even worth to play the base version or this weapon. 

I'm sure that they are working hard to fix LoS issues /s

En 16/5/2024 a las 18:35, Byggvirforseti dijo:

BUT : why use the tenet Glaxion when you can use something like, I don't know, the best beam weapon with the exact same feature but with actual critical chance and a lot more damage, AKA the Torid. You want a status weapon to stack those juicy proc ? Kuva Nukor.

+1

En 16/5/2024 a las 18:37, (PSN)Sentiel dijo:

Because Torid is ugly AF

I find the Glaxion pretty ugly and weird looking ^^!

Tbh, having the possibility of doing a Tenet Amprex or Tenex Exergis, idk why they went to the most boring one... Oh yes, because they planned to buff cold status, eventually, so they want to add weapons with cold base dmg meanwhile.