The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The most underwhelming devstream.

This Devstream lasted hours and was overflowing with information, a bit overwhelming actually.

Jade Shadows teaser gave us some insight at least, that Stalker is actually a bat-frame and "Zoren"copter isn't dead yet.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

The only thing i’m slight vexed about (more so the community than DE) is the yareli deluxe we all know it was designed for ivara, (it just fits ivaras aesthetic so well)  people kept complaining yareli didn’t have a good skin DE panicked and took the ivara skin and plonked it on yareli,  i do really think they wanted to try and keep everyone happy here, i would have been happy to wait for a solid yareli deluxe rather than a rushed skin i may be wrong but that’s how i feel

I dont see the Ivara in her aside from it having a similar helmet. All I see is a cosmic ancient horror which fits the water theme of Yareli perfectly while also removing the horrible kawaii stink from her. Deluxe skins are supposed to be very different from the core and this skin achieves that times ten.

I love the gazing eye and the subtle cthulhu face-tentacle hints and so on.

• Like 1

hace 19 horas, _Eclips3_ dijo:

Sorry but this was the most underwhelming devstream, it barely showed anything about the upcoming jade shadow content except a 3 second clip of the stalker and an elevator. There's a massively different perspective between DE's idea of fun and everyone else's. I know there will be a few defending it out of loyalty rather than being genuine, those don't really count imo.

Speak for yourself, never try to speak for others, I especially liked Frost's improvements, and in my opinion your comment doesn't count.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont see the Ivara in her aside from it having a similar helmet. All I see is a cosmic ancient horror which fits the water theme of Yareli perfectly while also removing the horrible kawaii stink from her. Deluxe skins are supposed to be very different from the core and this skin achieves that times ten.

I love the gazing eye and the subtle cthulhu face-tentacle hints and so on.

Hmmm fair point.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

You basically stated on your op that you were going to stick your fingers in your ears and shout "can't hear you, not listening" to anyone that disagreed. 

The definition of childish. 

The frame was showcased, the mission was teased minimally on purpose. You've been told this in the replies.

What I stated is that I won't listen to emotionally charged insults and personal attacks that resort to name calling such as yourself and everyone else painting me as a child having a tantrum. All I said was that it was underwhelming as feedback, that's it. There were no personal attacks on the dev team, there were no threats or demands, what's wrong with that? I didn't like it, I stated my opinion, deal with it. It's really ironic how I'm the one being accused of being childish.

Why should I listen to people saying I'm wrong for being underwhelmed and that I should love it? If you like it, good for you, I thought there were some good bits too such as Jades abilities and the scythe skin and ephemeras but in the end, a bit underwhelming.

Edited by _Eclips3_

1 hour ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Speak for yourself, never try to speak for others, I especially liked Frost's improvements, and in my opinion your comment doesn't count.

This post was speaking for myself however it unintentionally spoke for those who are also disappointed. Have you seen some comments on the YouTube upload? Plenty were a little disappointed as well..

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Pfft... WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT?!

BAhahahhaHAHAHAhahah...

Blowing this way out of proportion, it's not that deep. The game is their product, you can be disappointed at what trailers show as well.

Imagine this, you were waiting for a phone to release for example and at the reveal show, not only did they tell you that some features you were hoping for will not be included, they also just showed you a blank box rather than the actual phone. You were waiting a whole week for this reveal show and all you saw was a blank box....

Edited by _Eclips3_

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Blowing this way out of proportion, it's not that deep. The game is their product, you can be disappointed at what trailers show as well.

Imagine this, you were waiting for a phone to release for example and at the reveal show, not only did they tell you that some features you were hoping for will not be included, they also just showed you a blank box rather than the actual phone. You were waiting a whole week for this reveal show and all you saw was a blank box....

I don’t want to put words in birdframes mouth, i think their point wasn’t about what you said it’s how you said it you can be disappointed etc but you didn’t really put your thoughts across constructively, you basically said if nobody agrees with you their point is null and void, @Birdframe_Prime correct me if i’m wrong.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

11 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I am actually very happy they disappointed you. I hope they always do from now on. Not because I think you are a bad person or anything. It is because you wanted maximum information (spoilers) and DE FINALLY went back to showing little to none, leaving the entire experience for us to discover and enjoy. 

I just hope I can play it before any of the YouTubers decide to spoil it in the name of likes and clicks. 

I didn't expect maximum information, I didn't know what to expect, it would have been nice to see at least like some concepts, a hint as to what we can expect such as how to get the ship skin, whether the stalker will be unlockable (highly unlikely) etc...

6 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

I don’t want to put words in birdframes mouth, i think their point wasn’t about what you said it’s how you said it you can be disappointed etc but you didn’t really put your thoughts across constructively, you basically said if nobody agrees with you their point is null and void, @Birdframe_Prime correct me if i’m wrong.

Ah I see, I meant more like, we all have our own opinion, I found it underwhelming personally and name calling or shaming me for my opinion won't sway me into magically getting excited. So; 

Will listen to -

"Personally, I don't want to see much about Jade Shadows.  They've already said it's going to be a fairly short story quest, and everything they show ahead of time will be something we don't get to experience fresh and organically in the game itself.

Like, if I'm remembering correctly, DE showed us roughly 90% of the Whispers in the Wall quest before it launched, leaving precious little that was new to me when I was actually playing the quest.  I vastly prefer vague teasing so that when I finally get to play new story content, it isn't something I've already experienced in a video."

Better off ignoring -

"The spoilt little brats are out in force.

Sad Baby GIF"

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah, looking over everything that is coming with Jade Shadows I cant find a single thing that is bad.

Never said it's bad, just underwhelming. 

2 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

I didn't expect maximum information, I didn't know what to expect, it would have been nice to see at least like some concepts, a hint as to what we can expect such as how to get the ship skin, whether the stalker will be unlockable (highly unlikely) etc...

Why expect that? Why not just be surprised and THOROUGHLY enjoy an update without a shortcut? Case in point: Second Dream. No one saw that coming and all of the content, discoveries and lore afterwards was fresh and exciting. That level of experience can only happen when we're as blind to what's coming as possible.

2 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Why expect that? Why not just be surprised and THOROUGHLY enjoy an update without a shortcut? Case in point: Second Dream. No one saw that coming and all of the content, discoveries and lore afterwards was fresh and exciting. That level of experience can only happen when we're as blind to what's coming as possible.

Because it's ~2-3 weeks I think till the update. Besides, not everyone cares for the experience. All I care about is the upcoming stuff we can use, not the story. Would be nice to have a bit of flexibility for those who would rather just see what the rewards (sounds weird calling them rewards, like why should we be rewarded for indulging in a luxury) are to see whether or not it's worth playing.

6 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Imagine this, you were waiting for a phone to release for example and at the reveal show, not only did they tell you that some features you were hoping for will not be included, they also just showed you a blank box rather than the actual phone.

Okay, but this doesn't make sense.

In this scenario, what actually happened is this:

You are waiting for a phone to release. It was announced a while ago, as a concept, and now we're expecting a tech demo of the phone to show us what features are in the phone and when the phone is actually going to release.

The show happens and the phone makers debut all but one feature of the phone, they showed the new tech updates, the new software, all the refinements they made to the phone over the previous edition of the phone. They not only show us the box, but every accessory that's going into the box. The only thing they don't show us is the one feature that they want to be a surprise when you unbox it,

And then you come to the Forums and complain that they showed nothing and it was boring.

That's the difference.

See?

I'm not blowing this out of proportion, I'm laughing at your opinion because you're objectively wrong, as I personally wrote down all of the things that were in the DevStream to prove you wrong, and everyone doing the same thing is correct to do so.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Okay, but this doesn't make sense.

In this scenario, what actually happened is this:

You are waiting for a phone to release. It was announced a while ago, as a concept, and now we're expecting a tech demo of the phone to show us what features are in the phone and when the phone is actually going to release.

The show happens and the phone makers debut all but one feature of the phone, they showed the new tech updates, the new software, all the refinements they made to the phone over the previous edition of the phone. They not only show us the box, but every accessory that's going into the box. The only thing they don't show us is the one feature that they want to be a surprise when you unbox it,

And then you come to the Forums and complain that they showed nothing and it was boring.

That's the difference.

See?

I'm not blowing this out of proportion, I'm laughing at your opinion because you're objectively wrong, as I personally wrote down all of the things that were in the DevStream to prove you wrong, and everyone doing the same thing is correct to do so.

You really are though, there wasn't really much shown in regards to the center of the update, Jade Shadows. The QOL are just boring technical stuff that's not quite related to the story and what's coming. Still underwhelming for me personally. Doesn't mean anyone is required to act on that. If you enjoyed it, that's fine, but you don't have any right to dictate what I should find exciting. 

Edited by _Eclips3_

On 2024-05-31 at 11:58 AM, _Eclips3_ said:

Sorry but this was the most underwhelming devstream, it barely showed anything about the upcoming jade shadow content except a 3 second clip of the stalker and an elevator. There's a massively different perspective between DE's idea of fun and everyone else's. I know there will be a few defending it out of loyalty rather than being genuine, those don't really count imo.

Underwhelming, huh...? Weird. I found it to be the exact opposite. I haven't seen this many Quality of Life improvement to Warframe EVER in the game's history. This is a MASSIVE number of UI improvements, social enhancements, Fashion Frame is getting more love, and that's JUST the UI. Between all the other stuff, I'm... Not even SURE why you focused so hard on Jade Shadows, but Digital Extremes themselves said Jade Shadows was going to be release to tide the community over until they finish up with Warframe 1999. Besides, with how much they spoiled on Whispers in the Walls, I think it'd be understandable for them to keep things vague this time around so players can enjoy the story for themselves prim and proper.

Whether Jade Shadows ultimately disappoints or not is still three weeks away, after all. There isn't much use in speculating; just try your best to pass time until it comes out. I'm just as eager as you are for that little tidbit of lore. :)

• Like 2

Finding something underwhelming is totally fine, and valid. In fact, you know you can also straight up hate something too right? Thats also allowed. You could think, that was that worst Devstream ever, at least in your opinion and how you sincerely felt. Then if someone else felt differently, you could be like "Ah cool, yeah, I guess it makes sense, that people have different opinions and feelings and stuff". 

Like here is an alternative title and post. "I was underwhelmed by the Devstream. Anyone else? They showed off a lot of stuff, but I personally wanted them to show off more of the actual cinematic quest. They didn't. All that other stuff, I don't really care about personally. If you liked it though, cool." 

If you don't care about the status rework, Frost changes, Lavos and Yareli skins, new Augments, all the new QOL features, some if which have been asked about for years, a new game mode, a long preview of new Warframe abilities, the Heirlooms being dramatically improved, a new event/operation details, and much more.... Thats also totally fine and valid too. You don't have to care about stuff you don't care about. 

However... not being able to understand that other people might genuinely and actually care and like those things as much, if more collectively more than more info on a cinematic quest, and preemptively accusing people of potentially only liking such things because of falseness and blind loyalty is... Well thats a bit tone deaf. Like making an accusation of DE's perspective of fun, and "everyone else's" and then to get so much resistance from everyone else... People will get snarky and make fun of you if you try such tactics. Its not the bit where you found something underwhelming which is getting you heat, its the bit where you preemptively try to infer no one could sincerely disagree with you without effectively being a shill.

If you are open to other people having opinions and preferences that are different to you, you also don't need some rhetorical tactics, and most people won't actually have issues with yours either. I mean they might disagree but thats fine. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

If you enjoyed it, that's fine,

This is good.

If this was in your OP, people would have been way more generally neutral. Some may have been sympathetic. "I enjoyed it or thought it was okay but sorry you didn't get more of what you personally wanted out of the Devstream. At least its only a few weeks away." Etc. 

Except. 

I know there will be a few defending it out of loyalty rather than being genuine, those don't really count imo.

This reads like people who enjoyed it, aren't fine, they are just defending DE blindly and aren't capable of being sincere, and therefore don't count. Only people who were underwhelmed like me/you count. 

I can understanding being defensive if people were taking issue with you, if you had posted the first example originally, but (some) people find the second example really funny and lacking in awareness. No one in this thread is trying to dictate what you should feel about anything, just pointing out such flaws. Most people won't care if you are underwhelmed, overwhelmed, whelmed, hated it or loved it. People will care if you try to dictate (or heavily imply through rhetoric) what they should feel by suggesting only your sense of underwhelming is the one that counts more/matters. 

Hope that makes sense to you. Also I am sincerely sorry that they didn't offer more for you, in the Devstream. Most people though seem positive overall though. Especially for Devstreams this year, which usually had one or two controversies and negative talking points. Either way its all fine. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

This is good.

If this was in your OP, people would have been way more generally neutral. Some may have been sympathetic. "I enjoyed it or thought it was okay but sorry you didn't get more of what you personally wanted out of the Devstream. At least its only a few weeks away." Etc. 

Except. 

This reads like people who enjoyed it, aren't fine, they are just defending DE blindly and aren't capable of being sincere, and therefore don't count. Only people who were underwhelmed like me/you count. 

I can understanding being defensive if people were taking issue with you, if you had posted the first example originally, but (some) people find the second example really funny and lacking in awareness. No one in this thread is trying to dictate what you should feel about anything, just pointing out such flaws. Most people won't care if you are underwhelmed, overwhelmed, whelmed, hated it or loved it. People will care if you try to dictate (or heavily imply through rhetoric) what they should feel by suggesting only your sense of underwhelming is the one that counts more/matters. 

Hope that makes sense to you. Also I am sincerely sorry that they didn't offer more for you, in the Devstream. Most people though seem positive overall though. Especially for Devstreams this year, which usually had one or two controversies and negative talking points. Either way its all fine. 

Refer to:

Ah I see, I meant more like, we all have our own opinion, I found it underwhelming personally and name calling or shaming me for my opinion won't sway me into magically getting excited.

So; 

Will listen to -

"Personally, I don't want to see much about Jade Shadows.  They've already said it's going to be a fairly short story quest, and everything they show ahead of time will be something we don't get to experience fresh and organically in the game itself.

Like, if I'm remembering correctly, DE showed us roughly 90% of the Whispers in the Wall quest before it launched, leaving precious little that was new to me when I was actually playing the quest.  I vastly prefer vague teasing so that when I finally get to play new story content, it isn't something I've already experienced in a video."

Better off ignoring -

"The spoilt little brats are out in force.

Sad Baby GIF"

I wrote what I said in OP because i predicted these type of responses to just made it clear.

Edited by _Eclips3_

19 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Never said it's bad, just underwhelming. 

I was just refering to the other poster there since you didnt say the update was going to be bad, just that the devstream was underwhelming. And reading this following post from you.

20 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Makes me get where you are coming from. Though the part if Stalker will be unlockable or not I personally prefer to stay as something we get to know when we complete the quest. I wouldnt have minded some concept art or so on for the new mode, or more info on how we unlock the ship skin. However if nothing has changed the skin should unlock by doing the quest. 

Maybe even some info on how they'll handle the improved aquisition of Stalker weapons etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

I wrote what I said in OP because i predicted these type of responses to just made it clear.

You can claim that sure, if you want to. 

Just like someone can claim they had to shoot a neighbours dog, because after they kicked it a few times, it got aggressive and tried to bite them. 

Predicting people will act over sensitive about people disagreeing with their opinion, so combatting that by being extra sensitive about your own opinion, preemptively, was effective? Or does it just demonstrate that if you can't give good faith to different opinions and views, people are going to call that out and also less likely to extend good faith to your opinion and views. 

Its a type of self sabotage as well. Like sincerely, its not really a good way to interact with people, to try and shut them down preemptively and then claim "as I predicted" when they display a slight bit of hostility or rudeness. Especially when as you already pointed out in the comments, "if people enjoyed it, thats fine", otherwise its just a type of bait that actually attracted people who will point out your flaws, even if you claim its only there for the kinds of people who will reflect your own sort of arguments. 

Regardless obviously feel free to do whatever you want, but based on some of your replies, like the accusation that someone was trying to dictate what you should find exciting, you just come across as defensive. Defensive people usually feel that way for a reason, like being unfairly persecuted. Maybe in the past some other people were unfair towards you, if so, then I am sorry that has happened, but... assuming that will happen, and then using that as a basis to justify disregard other peoples opinions and views as fake, insincere, and not worth counting... Eh... Usually I use ellipsis, to emphasis the point should be made, but just in case, I will spell it out more directly, it's ironic. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

You can claim that sure, if you want to. 

Just like someone can claim they had to shoot a neighbours dog, because after they kicked it a few times, it got aggressive and tried to bite them. 

Predicting people will act over sensitive about people disagreeing with their opinion, so combatting that by being extra sensitive about your own opinion, preemptively, was effective? Or does it just demonstrate that if you can't give good faith to different opinions and views, people are going to call that out and also less likely to extend good faith to your opinion and views. 

Its a type of self sabotage as well. Like sincerely, its not really a good way to interact with people, to try and shut them down preemptively and then claim "as I predicted" when they display a slight bit of hostility or rudeness. Especially when as you already pointed out in the comments, "if people enjoyed it, thats fine", otherwise its just a type of bait that actually attracted people who will point out your flaws, even if you claim its only there for the kinds of people who will reflect your own sort of arguments. 

Regardless obviously feel free to do whatever you want, but based on some of your replies, like the accusation that someone was trying to dictate what you should find exciting, you just come across as defensive. Defensive people usually feel that way for a reason, like being unfairly persecuted. Maybe in the past some other people were unfair towards you, if so, then I am sorry that has happened, but... assuming that will happen, and then using that as a basis to justify disregard other peoples opinions and views as fake, insincere, and not worth counting... Eh... Usually I use ellipsis, to emphasis the point should be made, but just in case, I will spell it out more directly, it's ironic. 

Can't be asked to read all that or argue anymore. It is what it is, what happened happened. This pointless discussion has been going on for 2 days, it's time to give it a break so goodbye.

6 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Can't be asked to read all that or argue anymore. It is what it is, what happened happened. This pointless discussion has been going on for 2 days, it's time to give it a break so goodbye.

You are free to read what you want, and how you wish to respond. If you don't respond thats fine. All good. Take care. 

Personally, I don't view it as pointless, thats why I reply. Now some others may disagree, but obviously they are just DE shills with small elbows, and not actually sincere. Alternatively, I can think that people who find it pointless, just find it pointless and thats it. No extra secret uncharitable detail to make my view special or above them. You too, can also decide which point resonates more with you and whether perhaps, you don't have to be preemptively defensive, but again, its fine either way. 

14 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

You really are though, there wasn't really much shown in regards to the center of the update, Jade Shadows.

Oh for the love of...

On 2024-06-01 at 9:28 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Factual and objective things they showed to do with Jade Shadows:

1. The Teaser Trailer for the Quest, which they said they will not spoil and requested players to not spoil.
  2. The entire kit of Jade, the Warframe you get from Jade Shadows, in a five minute long demo of her abilities
  3. A demonstration of the new Game Mode that will release with Jade Shadows (the first non-endless game mode in years)
  4. The Clan Event that will launch with Jade Shadows and will bring with it the shop where you can purchase Jade's parts for currency gained in the new Game Mode
  5. The new Weapons launching with Jade
  6. New Cosmetics launching with Jade Shadows, including the Ephemera themed around Jade and new Hate Skin themed around Jade

The only thing they did not show in relation to Jade Shadows was Spoilers for the Quest itself.

Which they said they didn't want to spoil, or want players to spoil when they played it.

You're disappointed that one thing wasn't shown.

One thing, and that's what makes it 'disappointing' and 'lackluster'... Just ridiculous.

• Like 2