Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

Hi All,

this worked for me(Steam version only)

1. Verify Game cache in Steam

2. go to your Warframe launcher.exe in steam folder. for me it was (H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools)

3. Run Launcher.exe as Administrator. This will start updating the game again. might have to download 2.1GB Again

4. use the launcher.exe to start the game. this worked for me.

Note, if the launcher.exe works, delete the shortcut on the desktop and create another one from the Launcher.exe

DONT USE THE SHORTCUT ON THE DESKTOP IF THE LAUNCHER.EXE WORKS. THE DESKTOP SHORTCUT KEEPS REDOWNLOADING THE GAME WHICH WILL START THE LOOP AGAIN

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

this worked for me(Steam version only)

1. Verify Game cache in Steam

2. go to your Warframe launcher.exe in steam folder. for me it was (H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools)

3. Run Launcher.exe as Administrator. This will start updating the game again. might have to download 2.1GB Again

4. use the launcher.exe to start the game. this worked for me.

Note, if the launcher.exe works, delete the shortcut on the desktop and create another one from the Launcher.exe

DONT USE THE SHORTCUT ON THE DESKTOP IF THE LAUNCHER.EXE WORKS. THE DESKTOP SHORTCUT KEEPS REDOWNLOADING THE GAME WHICH WILL START THE LOOP AGAIN

This would be ok, if not for the fact that using the launcher, it took 3 hours to download 6 MB and IT STILL FAILED HALFWAY.

Tried it and still same speed like that, no way in hell Im gonna download 2 GB 1 kb at a time (when it is actually downloading), this speed was unnaceptable even in Dialup era

Edited by Disrupted

^there seems to be several variations of the problem, I've done everything in sticky, everything that I found on game hub and googled for past problems similar to this, and messed around with all the options in launcher (that included) and it has done nothing to help me, sadly.

Edited by Disrupted

I went into Internet Explorer, deleted all of the history, the data that it had, activeX and all that, and told it to delete the history after I closed it. Now, somehow the update is working.

This isn't the only time I've had to go into internet explorer to fix update/login problems. LoL does this sometimes too. Just go in, check to see if www.warframe.com runs on IE, then go into the options menu, Go into the General tab, go down to Browsing History, click the delete button and check every box. Then run the launcher. I use Steam to run the game, so this will work with Steam users too.

I was having the 'Corrupted data' error (to be more specific, the total to be downloaded was always increasing on completing update, it started with 5mb then increased to 6.2mb, and kept increasing 'till getting the error). Disabling 64bit worked for me...

EDIT

Before disabling 64bit, I did all steps recommended from [DE]Glen, and testing after every step.

EDIT

I tried changing back to 64bit mode, and it worked... Don't know why it wasn't updating before...

EDIT

Oh just remembered, I made all .exe on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Warframe Run as Admin compatibility mode too

Edited by Haizom

for the last 5 hours it refuses to update properly always saying something failed, but the download goes down by 2 mb each time, i have tried several things, i turned off bulk and aggressive yet it still failed,

now it refuses to go even 1kb into it, no download what so ever

this started after i tried to verify files, because i kept crashing on derelict missions

OK it started working after disabling bulk and aggressive and letting it slowly progress little at time, took hours though

Edited by Archulean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unable to finish updating since this latest patch, actually Both me an my brother are having the same issues, states that.

Update Failed etc etc,

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. 

Please restart warframe to try again.

The update will be restared shortly...

Now I think what the issues is, is that the launcher is having issues updating the launcher ? This is ofc just an assumption. How ever this did not start to happen till this update so the issue is clearly on Your end DE I was playing most of today before this update came out with out an issue.

Hello gentlemen, the developers I have this problem after installing the update 11 I can log into the game only if all of the time I click windows start and when I was in the game selection menu Arsenal or code if you click on the menu panel Arsenal or the code or mission, the game freezes is a problem with my system or with the update just before I had everything worked perfectly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont know if my issue is related to here, but there it go:

When i insert my password (my correct password, no mistakes), it says "login failed.Check yuor info". I changed the password. and is valid to log in in the website, but not to the game. Also the e-mail is correct. I have been playing today before, and suddenly this happening. This happened just after I bought some platinum.

How do i fix it?

Edited by Erolissi