Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade's Helminth

I will have to say I'm very excited to play this warframe. The power creep may be a problem for other support frames. Which is why I don't understand removing the look to revive mechanic from her helminth. All support frames could benefit from this. Keeping it would help balance that power creep. Jade seems to have many unique qualities so it want take from her at all. 

because the ability can armour strip and slow enemies down as well as revive. on other frames thats too much to be considered balanced so something has to give. Do note theres an operator ability that can instant revive already

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)Noxmalik said:

The power creep may be a problem for other support frames.

This is gotta be a trend by now because there is no way you seriously believe Jade can powercreep WISP

8sntmx.jpg

I'm going to laugh hysterically if Jade winds up getting the nerfbat within a week like Dante and Styanax did, because that's what it feels like.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

It feels like they're just taking it off for the sake of taking atleast something off.

This was my thought as well. While I think it's cool I don't see it as being all that useful. Companions self-revive, solo has little use for it, and maintaining eyes on your fallen comrade is only slightly less inconvenient than having to stand next to them for a few seconds. (And going into Void-Mode Operator to revive someone is still better in my opinion because then you can't get downed while trying to save your friend)

I don't actually play in squads though so I could be completely wrong about this, but I feel like it's a cherry on top that no one is going to miss.

Edited by Probably_Asleep
then vs than
  • Like 1

On 2024-06-04 at 2:49 AM, Probably_Asleep said:
On 2024-06-03 at 7:33 PM, Drachnyn said:

It feels like they're just taking it off for the sake of taking atleast something off.

This was my thought as well. While I think it's cool I don't see it as being all that useful. Companions self-revive, solo has little use for it, and maintaining eyes on your fallen comrade is only slightly less inconvenient than having to stand next to them for a few seconds. (And going into Void-Mode Operator to revive someone is still better in my opinion because then you can't get downed while trying to save your friend)

I don't actually play in squads though so I could be completely wrong about this, but I feel like it's a cherry on top that no one is going to miss.

If I were solo player then it would be almost useless. I cannot revive Carrier with "X".

With team I revive all kind of foxes, cats, dogs & stuffs with name. I'm Vazarin so it's fast. If I were not Vazarin it would be nice thing, imho. It honestly depend how much you revive. Sometimes I have not great damage because I'm smie-constantly reviving something.

On 2024-06-03 at 11:04 PM, Raarsi said:

I'm going to laugh hysterically if Jade winds up getting the nerfbat within a week like Dante and Styanax did, because that's what it feels like.

Oh, boy.... STyanax-type nerf?! Suggestions:

- you can only revive person that is looking at you

- turn of ranged revive

- you can only revive once per jump... yeah sounds weird

- revive takes time, you cannot move but you are immortal (not companion) - so you look at the pain of others... so good feeling

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

If I were solo player then it would be almost useless. I cannot revive Carrier with "X".

With team I revive all kind of foxes, cats, dogs & stuffs with name. I'm Vazarin so it's fast. If I were not Vazarin it would be nice thing, imho. It honestly depend how much you revive. Sometimes I have not great damage because I'm smie-constantly reviving something.

quxier!

That's fair. As a solo player I don't see a lot of death because I simply can't afford to, so I was taking my average deaths per mission (maybe around once every five to ten missions) and assuming it would only be that times 4 (so like maybe 1 in a mission).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2024-06-03 at 12:43 PM, Waeleto said:

This is gotta be a trend by now because there is no way you seriously believe Jade can powercreep WISP

I dont know. Your right the trend is Jade might. So if others believe in the powercreep, then to me there isn't reason to remove anything from her helminth.

Edited by (PSN)Noxmalik

Keeping revive at range a unique reason to play Jade is what the Helminth alter is trying to do.

If Gloom were to only give Lifesteal and not the slow, we'd see more Sevagoths on the field.

On 2024-06-03 at 1:15 PM, LordDragoonis said:

because the ability can armour strip and slow enemies down as well as revive. on other frames thats too much to be considered balanced so something has to give. Do note theres an operator ability that can instant revive already

The weird thing is that, of all of the things to remove, they chose the one that no one was going to pick the Helminth for anyway. Feels odd.