Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Save Changes to Purchased Items for Linked Accounts

[DE]Juice

If any terminology in this post is new to you, see our Cross Platform Save Terminology below.

The Issue To Solve: 

Players who were ineligible to Merge and could only Link two accounts that each contained real money purchases, lost said purchases from the Secondary Account due to the Primary Account overwriting the other. We recognize this has obviously not been ideal for players, so we took a deep look at the code and what we could do to rectify the issue. In an effort to honor those purchases, we have changed how real money purchased items are managed in Cross Platform Save accounts. 

The Solution:

In order to rectify this issue, we have made it so that items purchased with real money are added to the Primary Account during the Linking process

Players with Linked accounts prior to this change will have this retroactively applied to their Primary Account within a few days of Jade Shadows’ release (it is a time-consuming process, so please bear with us). Accounts affected retroactively will receive an Inbox message indicating that these purchases have been added to their Primary Account. Any future Linked accounts will also have this change applied upon Linking but will not receive an inbox message.

This change does not affect Merged accounts in any way. Only Linked accounts (existing and future) are affected.

What To Expect: 

The following items will now always be transferred from a Secondary to the Primary Account with Linking:

• TennoGen purchased on PC with Real Money via Steam
  • Prime Access purchased with Real Money (Minus their Platinum and Boosters)
  • Heirloom Packs purchased with Real Money (Minus their Platinum)
  • Bundles purchased with Real Money or claimed through Prime Gaming, PlayStation Plus, or Game Pass (Minus their Credits, Platinum, and Boosters)

If the purchased items within this criteria are no longer in the Secondary Account’s inventory (or were not at the time of Linking for those previously Linked), they will not be transferred. This includes items traded, sold, subsumed, refunded, or removed by any other method.

Please note that we will merge the most upgraded version you own. For example, if you bought a Prime Access and crafted the Prime Warframe yourself, we will transfer the Prime Warframe with the most Forma and time invested in it.

The following items will maintain their intended interaction with Cross Platform Save accounts and will not transfer during Linking (but will with Merging):

• Platinum (including Platinum purchased with Real Money and Platinum from Bundles)
  • Items purchased with Platinum from any source
  • Boosters of any kind
  • Items received as a result of a Promo Code (Promo Codes with multiple uses, for example Creator Glyphs, can still be claimed on the account after linking.)

We appreciate your patience as we took the time to parse through the code and address all possible outlying issues that could occur. We take the integrity of player accounts very seriously and, much like the initial launch of Cross Platform Save, we wanted to ensure we reviewed the options thoroughly. 

Cross Platform Save Terminology: 

To help understand the above, here is a lexicon of the Cross Platform Save terminology used. 

A Primary Account is the account a player chooses during a Link or Merge to be the main basis for their combined account. Everything from a Primary Account is used, while even during a Merge some details from a Secondary Account are not used (such as Quest completion).

A Secondary Account is any account Linked or Merged which is not the Primary Account.

A Merge/Merging combines two accounts from different platforms by combining many factors of the account, such as their resources, equipment, currencies, and more. It is available for Accounts which fit specific criteria outlined in our FAQ

A Link/Linking combines two accounts from different platforms by overriding one account, keeping only the information from the Primary Account. Links are available to any account which a Merge is not available to.

07/25/24 EDIT:

After this change was implemented, players reported to us that in rare situations, some of the intended items were not being transferred as we said they should be. We have narrowed down the cause of this and included a fix for all future Account Links in this Hotfix. We will be running a script to fix this for any affected players soon and will update this post once the script is completed. We have ran the script to also apply this fix to any currently affected accounts.

• Like 6

This is an outstanding pro-consumer move. I have a pack I lost during linking myself, so looking forward to getting those items back!

I do want to ask, are there any plans for re-releases of previously free platform exclusive items, a la Opal Imperator Syandana? A family member had my switch at the time so I never got to claim it. I understand it's likely contract bound, but I can dream.

• Like 1

Will console exclusive color pallettes remain exclusive? I only ask because I apparently had a lot more stuff on my Switch account than I'd realized, and some of it's gone now but I'm uncertain exactly what it was save for some colors

Now if only us Switch players can trade plat with the other paltforms.

Still annoyed that I can't trade with others anymore unless they are also on Switch or it is an item for item trade.

It gets worse because as far as I can tell are willing to do item for item trades only plat trades which I can't do unless they are also on Switch.

I don't have a strong enough PC and don't any other way to long into Warframe so I can't just simply log in my account on another platform.

Even tried selling a Khora Prime set letting people know it is switch only and I get people who either don't read the switch only part or no one at all.

Tried trading my Khora Prime set for a Protea Prime set and no one responds and my battery on my Switch is nearly drained when I give up.

At this point I wish for us switch players who have cross-save but no access to other platforms we could back out of cross-save or make it to where we can trade with Switch players again regardless if they are cross-save or not.

So with this, I am still seeing that my Xbox account and my PC account cannot be merged, even though the xbox account was never created as a result of migrating, and the PC account was made from scratch as well, but because I migrated from PC to switch that one time, my PC account and Xbox account can't merge?....  I feel like the original problem still hasn't been addressed?

15 hours ago, .2B. said:

So with this, I am still seeing that my Xbox account and my PC account cannot be merged, even though the xbox account was never created as a result of migrating, and the PC account was made from scratch as well, but because I migrated from PC to switch that one time, my PC account and Xbox account can't merge?....  I feel like the original problem still hasn't been addressed?

Exactly this. When I said I was afraid y'all were going to do the bare minimum and not actually address the issue, this is exactly what I was talking about.

How about just fixing the issue, instead of pushing excuses and half measures.

On 2024-06-13 at 8:38 PM, [DE]Juice said:

We take the integrity of player accounts very seriously

If this were a serious statement we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place, and you wouldn't still be forcing the deletion of half my stuff.

• Like 3

It seems tennogen purchased on console dosnt count... whatabout prime access Accessoires pack ? Those where purchased with real money ! And this applies to accounts which migrated from pc to console ?

This is definitely a step in the right direction but it shouldn't be the only step. If I go forward with linking now, I will still lose the Sekharas I earned from trials back before they were removed. Small items like these that show veteran status are still incredibly important and I want to show them off. Im fine with farming frames again, but items I cant get anymore are incredibly valuable to me and I would like to see them again. 

• Like 1

..I still don't get why the easiest solution of allowing folks to erase say the switch account or somehow alter flagging isn't an option to enable longtime player account merges. 

Don't get me wrong this IS a great step but i have things like the Ruby skin for Rhino on PC and a bunch of stuff on Xbox while my main accounts PS. Like many others i did the switch thing since at the time we were told cross save was impossible and being pre steam deck i wanted to try warframe on the go. Sadly switch wasn't all that good so the account barely ever gets touched. It still feels like being punished given i have alot of purchases made with platinum as well such as inventory etc. 

So i just gotta ask. Is this it or are you all still looking into other things that can be done?(again i'd happily erase switch account to enable merging or at least is there any way to ebable platinum purchasest/ ensure preservation of rare items?)

• Like 3

Maybe its the right track but for the most part its not what we wanted we just want to be able to merge our accounts just like the rest got no hopps of restriction, there is a way . Please make it happen we waited over half a year allready it needs to get faster solved

• Like 1

The Issue:
"Players who were in
eligible to Merge and could only Link two accounts that each contained real money purchases."

that was simply never the main issue, everyone is complaining about the fact that we simply can't merge.

• Like 2

I'm confused my PC and Xbox account merged, but I linked my switch and PS5 accounts but lost my switch and PS5 exclusives, will I be getting those or will I not be getting those because I merged with my PC account and Xbox account?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HIYOURMOM said:

The Issue:
"Players who were in
eligible to Merge and could only Link two accounts that each contained real money purchases."

that was simply never the main issue, everyone is complaining about the fact that we simply can't merge.

At this point, protesting at Tennocon might need to be back on the table. I'm not sure how the main point hasn't been established. It's like after 8 months, we were not listened to at all.

• Like 4

will this also apply to any gifted tennogen? friend gifted me a tennogen syandana & i claimed it but it doesnt show in my invo. (they're on console & im on pc. it already took his plat too he got from prime bundle)
i no longer play on console at all so i cant check if i have it on that account...

actually so far so good this effort has worked as intended form what i can tell. Though I noticed that I happen to still be missing two items from my account - one of which was a Glyph that i had back on PC that vanished when my account first was linked to my Xbox account (Which was the "InexperiencedGamer" Glyph, an old content warframe creator glyph from 2018 that was designed was a cute happily smiling fox) - AND that of the Protea Package that i once purchased on my Xbox account prior to the linking.
I had not expected to see any of them again but after getting the message in my inbox and now seeing that my Excalibur Jade Skin, My Nidas And My Gauss related packages have reappeared in my inventory(all were from other packages had previously bought on Xbox prior to linking my PC and Xbox accounts as one account) i was surprised that the only things still missing are both the aforementioned Glyph and the Protea from the old protea promotional package. Like i get i'm not going to see my platinum from those purchases, or the boosters, and i'm not expecting to, I made sure to spend the plat long before the linking of my accounts had happened anyways.
But if i can get my missing protea and said missing glyph back that would be fantastic!

the fact that we need to ask seperat thinks if they count as items purchsed or that they get transfered is only 1 aspect why this is so fustrating this wouldnt happen if we just get our merging as intend we wanted from the beginning not some convoluted jumping through hoops scenario which we got now

pls DE reconsider your actions and work it out in favor of all involved players

Some of my console Tennogen transferred, some did not. Is there a reason why this is the case?

On 2024-06-21 at 7:24 PM, WhiteBlaze said:

actually so far so good this effort has worked as intended form what i can tell. Though I noticed that I happen to still be missing two items from my account - one of which was a Glyph that i had back on PC that vanished when my account first was linked to my Xbox account (Which was the "InexperiencedGamer" Glyph, an old content warframe creator glyph from 2018 that was designed was a cute happily smiling fox) - AND that of the Protea Package that i once purchased on my Xbox account prior to the linking.
I had not expected to see any of them again but after getting the message in my inbox and now seeing that my Excalibur Jade Skin, My Nidas And My Gauss related packages have reappeared in my inventory(all were from other packages had previously bought on Xbox prior to linking my PC and Xbox accounts as one account) i was surprised that the only things still missing are both the aforementioned Glyph and the Protea from the old protea promotional package. Like i get i'm not going to see my platinum from those purchases, or the boosters, and i'm not expecting to, I made sure to spend the plat long before the linking of my accounts had happened anyways.
But if i can get my missing protea and said missing glyph back that would be fantastic!

Same.

On 2024-06-19 at 9:51 PM, -PLM-Kiski73 said:

does tennogen on console count as purchased with platinium?

Yes and no, apparently. Some of my Tennogen transferred, some did not. We currently have no concrete reason as to why this is the case.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

I'm sorry but this isn't just about money; it's also about time invested and being basically punished for making a choice that we had no idea how it would negatively impact us in the future. I don't even play with the goddamn switch version. This sucks because I love this game really want to play again, but I just can't support such a ridiculous decision. 

Edited by deffbee
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, deffbee said:

I'm sorry but this isn't just about money; it's also about time invested and being basically punished for making a choice that we had no idea how it would negatively impact us in the future. I don't even play with the goddamn switch version. This sucks because I love this game really want to play again, but I just can't support such a ridiculous decision. 

This is the issue here. No respect for the time and money we've invested in the game. Not only that, but the factor used to determine who gets screwed over was arbitrary and only announced after it was too late.

If player accounts actually matter to y'all, stop making excuses and allow players to merge. Otherwise stop pretending you care about us or "the integrity of our accounts," as you've proven with your actions that you don't.