Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is the guide to playing pvp the conclave and in it are listed current issues affecting the conclave negatively

On 2024-06-22 at 7:40 PM, windflamestormblizzard said:

the only way to make it balanced for pc vs console or controller players, my suggestion was to reduce the max mobility from 1.2 to 0.8

at least then that would slow down the movement tech (all parkour).

Shooters shouldn't be balanced for controller vs mouse. If I decided to use solely a Guitar Hero Guitar and decided to use that to play despite how completely suboptimal that is, should I be compensated in some way by my poor decisions or should the very gameplay itself change for me?

• Like 2

On 2024-06-27 at 5:01 PM, Tachmag said:

Shooters shouldn't be balanced for controller vs mouse.  

controller also refers to the console players (xbox,playstation,nintendo) these are large player base missing out on the conclave

so for them a mobility reduction would be need for balance unless you can suggest something different

On 2024-06-28 at 11:11 PM, windflamestormblizzard said:

controller also refers to the console players (xbox,playstation,nintendo) these are large player base missing out on the conclave

so for them a mobility reduction would be need for balance unless you can suggest something different

Crossplay toggle is already in the settings.

13 hours ago, Tachmag said:

the conclave barely as enough players interested in it, (it needs players from all platforms to participate)  and its because of the bad pvp experience

can you understand what the bad experience is.

20 hours ago, windflamestormblizzard said:

the conclave barely as enough players interested in it, (it needs players from all platforms to participate)  and its because of the bad pvp experience

can you understand what the bad experience is.

The experience shouldn't be watered down for PC because controller is a terrible control scheme for shooters. I'd rather not find a console player ever than having more people and having the gameplay be garbage due to heavily reduced mobility. This is not much different from all the dumbass "remove bullet jump" posts.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Tachmag said:

The experience shouldn't be watered down for PC because controller is a terrible control scheme for shooters. I'd rather not find a console player ever than having more people and having the gameplay be garbage due to heavily reduced mobility. This is not much different from all the dumbass "remove bullet jump" posts.

you dont want the change and a few minority of players that excel at the current pvp scene where as the majority dont like the current state.

even if the mobility was reduced from the max 1.2 to 0.8 warframe pvp would still be the fastest 

in the world from other shooters

Edited by windflamestormblizzard

1 hour ago, windflamestormblizzard said:

you dont want the change and a few minority of players that excel at the current pvp scene where as the majority dont like the current state.

even if the mobility was reduced from the max 1.2 to 0.8 warframe pvp would still be the fastest 

in the world from other shooters

The majority of non-Conclave players matters not for this discussion.

On the other hand, the majority of current Conclave players actually enjoys the current mobility, which is why they play the mode.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Le 27/06/2024 à 11:59, Tachmag a dit :

And why would it not be? You can just look at the feedback whenever PvP is mentioned. You immediately have people stating that they don't want any resources invested into PvP because they personally don't care for PvP. This is a recurring sentiment. 

It's a recurring sentiment because the thousands that have tried PVP in it's early years know its a bad experience.

There is no point in investing into this mode at this time. It was back then and they still didn't like it. If the rewards were even feasible for the average person, I'd venture to bed you'd at least see a decent uptick in players, but unfortunately that would require an overhaul.

Of course the people who did stick around with the gamemode for over 10 years understandeably don't want it to be changed into something different. Especially when it would change the gamemode according to the "broader playerbase", who have spent no more thinking about Conclave than they do taking a S#&$.

Survivor's bias is the worst argument. You aren't some messiah of balance or change for conclave just because you continued to play a mode nobody wants to look at.

This is, once again, more indicative of a severely flawed mode rather than the mindset of those in PVE.

As for the balance point, Conclave is decently balanced. The problem is that the few things that are broken are ridiculously so. And they are extremely easily fixable and would most definitely not require a gamemode rework.

It's hilariously not.

Even you can't be this dense, right?

The last remaining dedicated servers YOU YOURSELF play on impose literal ban lists for weapons and frames. They'll shut down the server if you use something like a Sigma and Octanis because god forbid you defend yourself from the bullet jumping hordes of PC players who will snipe your head the moment you spawn.

This mode is the farthest thing from "balanced". To assume otherwise is complete lunacy. You know better.

The only "balancing" method you have is removing stuff you don't like, which in turn often favors PC playstyles

Great, you want to see and attempt. And the existing playerbase wants to actually enjoy the gamemode instead of having their fun removed because some guy who doesn't play it wants DE to take a likely failed gamble in order to attract a larger playerbase by making the gamemode generic, grounded shooter slop.

Yeah

The existing playerbase is composed of about 30 active players split across several regions. Those 30 people mean very little to anybody.

By all means the mode is already dead. I'd rather at the very least see an honest attempt at making the rewards obtainable for the average person.

I'm not advocating for generic shooter slop, but rather advocating for reduced jank by reducing overall speeds.

Like OP said, this would still make it one of the fastest pvp experiences in modern gaming, yet for some reason, you seem to think this will turn into Call of Duty — a prime example of the remaining conclave player's stubbornness to change for the better.

Conclave combat is a bouncy mess that in itself is slop that only a select few enjoy. You guys have adapted many times before, you'll adapt again.

Edited by Dubsurf123

Posted (edited)
Le 30/06/2024 à 19:49, Tachmag a dit :

Yeah, try to find a match with crossplay off on console, see how that goes for you. Nobody turns crossplay off in warframe because literally nobody plays with it off. 

In order to even find a conclave match, crossplay is pretty much a requirement.

Controller players just don't bother anymore because standing farm methods are easy and PC players just stomp them out of the lobby anyways, resulting in painfully low standing gain, so there is no reason to even try legitimately.

Edited by Dubsurf123

On 2024-07-04 at 3:23 PM, Dubsurf123 said:

snip

By all means the mode is already dead. I'd rather at the very least see an honest attempt at making the rewards obtainable for the average person. "

I'd much rather see the rewards removed completely in order to have less people come into matches with cheese and seeing the same beaten-horse suggestions in the forums (Corpus vs Grineer, Operator, K-drive races, Necramech and other bad gamemode suggestions).

"The last remaining dedicated servers YOU YOURSELF play on impose literal ban lists for weapons and frames. They'll shut down the server if you use something like a Sigma and Octanis because god forbid you defend yourself from the bullet jumping hordes of PC players who will snipe your head the moment you spawn. "

My bad, I worded my point incorrectly. What I meant was that GUNS are decently balanced.

The melee class is a complete lost cause because their skill vs reward ratio is massively skewed (very little skill for massive reward), to the point I often forget to even consider them in balance discussions.

"I'm not advocating for generic shooter slop, but rather advocating for reduced jank by reducing overall speeds.  Like OP said, this would still make it one of the fastest pvp experiences in modern gaming, yet for some reason, you seem to think this will turn into Call of Duty — a prime example of the remaining conclave player's stubbornness to change for the better."

It wouldn't. Reducing mobility would not only make the gameplay far, far slower, it would also completely break game balance by making braindead melee spam even more overpowered.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I know tachmag was being facetious, but grineer v Corpus, kdrive races, and all out battles with necramech and operator would all be cool gamemodes. Also a first person unreal tournament style arena(with or without bullet jump) with weapon pickups like in veilbrsaker and dog days would be nice, if DE decided ever to try pvp again. Would really be great if de brought conclave up to the standards they set when they made UT, but since silver grove, that's just wishful thinking. I hope someday this community will be ready for de to make pvp again. I hope warframes still around when they are

17 hours ago, Dax-Kriegor said:

I know tachmag was being facetious, but grineer v Corpus, kdrive races, and all out battles with necramech and operator would all be cool gamemodes.

No he genuinely hates those ideas of pvp. I do too. The pve players that want them would play them as long as they do conclave.  A couple matches then realize they can't compete and quit instead of putting in the effort to getting better.  Pve players just are too used to having it easy with the brain dead looter shooter that takes no skill at all. The first sign of them losing or finding out they can't compete they run away. 

3 hours ago, GameGhost123 said:

No he genuinely hates those ideas of pvp. I do too. The pve players that want them would play them as long as they do conclave.  A couple matches then realize they can't compete and quit instead of putting in the effort to getting better.  Pve players just are too used to having it easy with the brain dead looter shooter that takes no skill at all. The first sign of them losing or finding out they can't compete they run away. 

Oh I know he genuinely hates them, so i didnt think he was suggesting them as serious additions. And I'm aware the majority of the conclave community is opposed to adding new modes in general. 

I'm just saying that I, personally, would like to see those things. I love warframe and how much it's grown over the past decade and all that it's become, I love the pve side of it and I enjoy conclave as well. But before warframe, before dark sector, before warpath, before pariah, DE was making pvp that changed how games are made and played and as a community, I think a huge mistake was made in asking them to stop developing pvp in warframe because it can be much better than what conclave is. And I know a lot of conclave players don't want to see change, but as much as I really do love conclave I know DE can make so much more

Edited by Dax-Kriegor

45 minutes ago, Dax-Kriegor said:

And I'm aware the majority of the conclave community is opposed to adding new modes in general. 

Actually we're not opposed to making new modes. We're opposed to all the grineer vs corpus, kdrive race, and Necramech ideas though. If someone comes up with a good idea for a mode I'm sure we'll show support for it. Also we're fine with change if the suggestion of a change seems like a good idea to us. There are many things conclave players would want changed about conclave. 

Edited by GameGhost123

On 2024-08-11 at 10:10 AM, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

the part where you purposefully bait noobs while giving them bad advice to have adventageus edge over them while planting the premise of fun.
If you want a guide tell them how to beat top 5

list the bad advice cause theres many advice on the post

• 4 weeks later...
On 2024-08-12 at 1:05 PM, GameGhost123 said:

Actually we're not opposed to making new modes. We're opposed to all the grineer vs corpus, kdrive race, and Necramech ideas though. If someone comes up with a good idea for a mode I'm sure we'll show support for it. Also we're fine with change if the suggestion of a change seems like a good idea to us. There are many things conclave players would want changed about conclave. 

Well,I personally would like to see more pvp game modes, but I also like all 3 of the ideas you mentioned as bad. My personal experience chatting with some other conclave enjoyers is that most I've met say they don't want new game modes and that it should be left how it is. Wanting to see more work done on it, new game modes, etc I generally figure I'm in the minority. I mean aside from being a conclave player that is.

On 2024-09-08 at 10:47 AM, Dax-Kriegor said:

Well,I personally would like to see more pvp game modes, but I also like all 3 of the ideas you mentioned as bad. My personal experience chatting with some other conclave enjoyers is that most I've met say they don't want new game modes and that it should be left how it is. Wanting to see more work done on it, new game modes, etc I generally figure I'm in the minority. I mean aside from being a conclave player that is.

I would love new game modes and more work done on conclave. The majority of game mode ideas posted here though don't appeal to most conclave players. Also fun fact 99% of people that post in the conclave section of the forums have barely touched or never played conclave at all and aren't a part of the conclave community. They're pve players coming up with pvp ideas and alot of them aren't very creative and just copies of other games or are extremely casual ideas. Hence why most the ideas are met with the minority of actual conclave players who post here disagreeing with said ideas. 

• Like 2