Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Update 12 Anticipation Megathread

Luminide

No one of worth uses Rhino?

Thank you for judging a great percentage of the Warframe community then.

Just like I won't bring my Ash for a survival or defence that goes past a hour, if you know what you're doing you aren't going to bring a Rhino.

It was the same with the previous damage system. Past a certain level (and not that high), Rhino starts to become useless upon its entire ability skillset.

Cry foul. Yell elitism. Kick and punch. Reality stays the same. That frame has nothing of value.

Iron skin is a joke, soon stripped and beaten. Stomp barely keeps stuff in stasis for a meager amount of time (Bastille's nerf just barely made it look a little tiny bit better). Roar could be considered useful, then again Banshee does it better (x3 vs x1.75) and SoundQuake/Scream has a decent KB/stagger that can come useful at times. Charge? The SlashDash clone that doesn't deal half the damage? Yeah.

Again, even a Loki comes to more use at those points, unless versus Infested, as much as it pains me to admit.

Praytell, how much experience have you at the high-end plays of the game?

Funny I guess almost the entire community is worthless because no matter what mission I join I always get 2-3 rhinos in my squad when I play online.

Yes, I see many Rhinos all the time, at the low ends of the solar system; most of them can barely even finish Kappa.

Anecdote: even a clanmate and good friend who used to be a devout Rhino-only user (and rather a badass pve & pvp one at that) dumped him.

LMAO WIN

Yes, because a funny meme image, entirely irrelevant, is obviously the pique of intellect and discourse.

Precisely the direction these forums are headed, it seems.

Sigh.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

Iron skin is a joke, soon stripped and beaten. Stomp barely keeps stuff in stasis for a meager amount of time (Bastille's nerf just barely made it look a little tiny bit better). Roar could be considered useful, then again Banshee does it better (x3 vs x1.75) and SoundQuake/Scream has a decent KB/stagger that can come useful at times. Charge? The SlashDash clone that doesn't deal half the damage? Yeah.

That's the point of Rhino, he's a support frame that has all those support abilities in one.

Instead of wasting 3 slots for frames that are an ace-of-one skill, you can have a jack-of-all-trades frame instead.

You said it yourself, Roar is useful, and how many have access to Banshee over Rhino?

Iron Skin allows players to aid in the revival of teammates, you say that it's soon stripped and beaten, but what other frame has the ability to completely negate damage? After Iron Skin expires, Rhino is just another Saryn/Frost since they both have extremely high shields.

Charge is just an escape, the point isn't the damage, it's the viable knockdown to let you or others to escape.

Have you ever seen Stomp utilized to it's full potential? (Modded out, used correctly [iE: not spammed], timed correctly)

Of all the complaints you have possibly valid points on, Stomp was probably the worst one to pick out.

Stomp is super useful, it allows time for revives, breathers, and ammo collection, not just for you, but the rest of the team as well.

It seems to me that just because you've seen or think Rhino is useless, that means he is useless, which is quite simply not the case.

Also, don't point out another person's use of memes when your direct response to another post was a reference to doge.

Edited by Kagumin

That's the point of Rhino, he's a support frame that has all those support abilities in one.

Instead of wasting 3 slots for frames that are an ace-of-one skill, you can have a jack-of-all-trades frame instead.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

To push the envelope and to do well at the high-end you need to specialize, you can't just bring stock frames with all 4 abilities and dance around like a looneytoon.

An Exalibur with specialized radial blind is volumes more useful than a Rhino.

You said it yourself, Roar is useful, and how many have access to Banshee over Rhino?

Quite many, actually. Although very few like her as to care to play with her.

Personally, I dislike her aesthetics.

Most just go for the easy kill with Nova.

Iron Skin allows players to aid in the revival of teammates, you say that it's soon stripped and beaten

Iron Skin no longer has certain benefits it had before.

And I take it that you play around the level 20s. Go further, see it pop after 3 seconds. Laugh. Then cry.

but what other frame has the ability to completely negate damage?

Trinity's Blessing (Ultimate).

Valkyr's Hysteria (Ultimate).

As far as outside threats are concerned, until nerf, Frost's Snow Globe is pretty much impregnable, as is Volt's shield (despite Zanuka propaganda suggesting otherwise). Although this is not the effect we're aiming at.

After Iron Skin expires, Rhino is just another Saryn/Frost since they both have extremely high shields.

Shields go down much faster than you'd think. Unless you only play low level areas.

Charge is just an escape, the point isn't the damage, it's the viable knockdown to let you or others to escape.

Run, crouch, jump, crouch, melee strike, it's more effective.

Have you ever seen Stomp utilized to it's full potential? (Modded out, used correctly [iE: not spammed], timed correctly)

Yes, I've had it myself. My Rhino was quite beefed in its day.

Of all the complaints you have valid points on, Stomp was probably the worst one to pick out.

Stomp is super useful, it allows time for revives, breathers, and ammo collection, not just for you, but the rest of the team as well.

Vauban does it so much better in all regards.

Heck, if you have an actual team (players with brains, instead of rambos) even a Frost with properly modded Freeze could serve as a rather more-decent-than-you-think CCer.

And again, an Excal with Rad Blind.

Pretty certain there were couple more I had forgotten about.

It seems to me that just because you've seen or think Rhino is useless, that means he is useless, which is quite simply not the case.

Except, it is quite the case. You've even acknowledged yourself that my points were valid!?

Dissonance.

Also, don't point out another person's use of memes when your direct response to another post was a reference to doge.

I referenced nothing.

What is "doge"?

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

Rant

Okay so Rhino has Ironskin, good for early games right? Charge is eh, as well.

Let's take a look at roar. 50% at max rank, and affected by Ironskin, good for boosting damage, great utility that you can't go wrong with. Now let's look at stomp, lots of range, suspends enemies in mid-air, and moderate damage. Now let's say that we bring Rhino to a defense game over an hour. What can he do. He can boost damage of weapons, which is what you'll mostly be using to kill the enemies at that point. And his stomp can lock enemies forever into stasis with the correct build, within a large range. Mind you. That seems pretty fine to me. Like many frames, Rhino too has some abilities that loses its purpose after a while. Loki's decoy won't hold up very well at high levels, and his switch teleport doesn't have much utility. His invisibility and disarm however allows him to dish out high melee damage and strip enemies of weapons. In essence, Rhino fills the roll of massive crowd control comparable to Loki in a different fashion, that being instead of simply disarming them, they cannot move at all. His roar also buffs your squad's overall damage output. Compared to Loki's invisibility that's only able to give benefits to himself. 

An Exalibur with specialized radial blind is volumes more useful than a Rhino.

Iron Skin no longer has certain benefits it had before.

And I take it that you play around the level 20s. Go further, see it pop after 3 seconds. Laugh. Then cry.

As far as outside threats are concerned, until nerf, Frost's Snow Globe is pretty much impregnable, as is Volt's shield (despite Zanuka propaganda suggesting otherwise). Although this is not the effect we're aiming at.

Yes, I've had it myself. My Rhino was quite beefed in its day.

Uh, I'm willing to bet Rhino with stomp build is just as effective as Radial Blind. 

Ironskin has a damage mitigation of 1500 with Focus and the ability maxed out. You're saying enemies above level 20 can penetrate that within three seconds? Surely you jest. It helps to reduce knockback. And Ironskin also has the second utility of preventing knockdowns, as well as able to be recasted.

Edited by DesuEx