Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Can we have a non-pregnant Jade skin?

5 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

there are like 5 other threads on this yours brings nothing new to the table ...

So why do you bother answering and bringing it to the top? I love this passive-aggressive attitude ❤️.
And if you read carefully, I didn't open a topic to complain about Jade's design. I opened a topic for you do defend why you think it is a problem having a Toggle On/Off option. 
Besides passive-aggressive attitude, I also love people that can't understand what they read and extract. ❤️

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, WanderingJoe said:

Insulting DE does nothing to help our proposal. If anything we're trying to appeal to them. They just got done with a short stream and it wasn't untill thier time ran out that anyone asked about jade. We'll get our answer, we just have yo be patient and polite in the mean time. No need to agrivate the situation 

I do think that people get offended for too little. You create a problem, you see the problem growing. Two weeks after, you decide to keep silent about it. For me, yes, this is cowardice. In such a delicate matter, at least one "We are aware of the issue and are currently debating it among our team" would be quite welcome and show that you do care about your player base. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Digital_Malz said:

However, those flayed hanging parts of Citrine do make me feel a little unnerved

They're not flayed. Valkyr is flayed - she has a deluxe skin that restores her to pre Alad V torture.

Citrine is split. Fractured into pieces, like her lore and the citrine geodes her art is based on.

It is a little unsettling, I think it's supposed to be.

It's a super strong aesthetic (it also looks awesome on Atlas's amethyst geode deluxe skin), but I don't think you can do anything to TennoGen it - the textures are too bound to the model. They totally should do a deluxe skin.

33 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Like what's with DE and flaying female warframes. Having one is scifi horror and revenge fantasy, having two is looking kinda sus

Valkyr is over 10 years old, I think DE would put more thought into it now.

As mentioned above, Citrine is something else, both in lore (mirror defence and sperated lovers) and design (she's literally a rock).

But, Warframes are undead humans infected with a virus that turns them into a faceless killing machine. Their vibe is meant to be sci fi horror. We have a vampire (Garuda) a headless horseman (Dagath) a Frankenstein's monster (Xaku) a creepy priest (Harrow) an Egyptian mummy (Inaros) a ghost (Wisp) and so on. 

The sci fi horror vibes are a key part of the game.

• Like 1

there is no passive aggressiveness from me, maybe you're projecting? yes in the numerous other threads on jade that delve into in depth discussions both for and against a toggle if you cared enough and made the effort to go look? and you're welcome on the bump for what it will do

edit: for context at time of this was also in another jade thread and was merged to this one

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Like what's with DE and flaying female warframes. Having one is scifi horror and revenge fantasy, having two is looking kinda sus.

See this is why this whole thing is stupid

"ERM DE, not giving female frames special treatment, kinda sus amirite?"

While Umbra is physically and mentally traumatized, Revenant literally got Eidolon'd and turned into a Undead Sentient monster, Caliban's design literally has him bisected down the middle, Inaros is a dedicated corpse, Nidus'... everything.

This reminds me of people going nuts about how Citrine's 'Gemussy' design was the first time they did something so crass about genetalia on Warframe. 

While literally the biggest meme in Warframe is how massive the cod piece is on Rhino and Volt. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Digital_Malz said:

I will copy and paste my answer in a similar post. Before all of you who seem to be so outraged by the idea of having a “toggle on/off” option decide to put me to fire for heresy, take some time to think about it:

Just a question: how much would your gameplay be ruined by DE implementing a “toggle on/off” for Jade’s s belly?

I myself don’t see a problem on her belly (aesthetic maybe). But I feel empathetic enough for a lot of players who went through serious trauma (miscarriages, for example) and might feel really unsettled by that frames visual. Much more than “Nezha’s ring” (absurd comparison). 

DE knew they were doing something sensitive. There’s a disclaimer before you start the quest. There’s no disclaimer for Nezha’s ring 🤣

The Jade we built in our foundries is not the Jade who got pregnant from Sorren and gave birth. Why must our Jades be pregnant? In fact, it makes little sense. Either the Stalker will have thousands of sons, or the Holy Spirit will have judicial problems. 🤣

Instead of trying to justify and minimize the pain of a fellow Tenno, why not simply support them and say; “you know what, DE, I think it might be a good idea having a ‘toggle on/off’ for the belly”?

I can't read this post, why must you make the text grey

2 hours ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

They're not flayed. Valkyr is flayed - she has a deluxe skin that restores her to pre Alad V torture.

Citrine is split. Fractured into pieces, like her lore and the citrine geodes her art is based on.

It is a little unsettling, I think it's supposed to be.

It's a super strong aesthetic (it also looks awesome on Atlas's amethyst geode deluxe skin), but I don't think you can do anything to TennoGen it - the textures are too bound to the model. They totally should do a deluxe skin.

Valkyr is over 10 years old, I think DE would put more thought into it now.

As mentioned above, Citrine is something else, both in lore (mirror defence and sperated lovers) and design (she's literally a rock).

But, Warframes are undead humans infected with a virus that turns them into a faceless killing machine. Their vibe is meant to be sci fi horror. We have a vampire (Garuda) a headless horseman (Dagath) a Frankenstein's monster (Xaku) a creepy priest (Harrow) an Egyptian mummy (Inaros) a ghost (Wisp) and so on. 

The sci fi horror vibes are a key part of the game.

Hey she's a horse woman 👁️👄👁️💅

4 hours ago, Rexis12 said:

ERM DE, not giving female frames special treatment, kinda sus amirite?

Ah yes that's the special treatment women want. Being flayed. Sorry not flayed. Split in half. Gotta get the details right. You know. I grinded Citrine twice. No clue what her lore was other than "Belric and Rania" said by Tyl Regor thousands of times. How did all X hours on that grind not tell her story? Did the exciting gameplay of Mirror Defense have me so enraptured that I missed it?

Edited by Xylena_Lazarow

Belric and Rania were important figures in the orokin empire, people with high technical knowhow of void based machinery. Rather than go out without a fight when the sentients found them, they unleashed the infestation onto Deimos, and we know how that turned out. Citrine, the warframe assigned to guard them, instead of escaping the infestation, sacrificed herself so that the lovers would not fall to the infestation instead. She detonated herself, encasing th3 lovers in crystal so that they would be preserved in one final, bittersweet embrace. 

Many years later, it was discovered that by separating the two crystals, it would cause a void tunnel toling thier locations. That's where we come in, righting the wrong of thier separation. If you buy the citrine bundle, you can get a decoration calledBelric and Rania, which will play audio of thier final moments together.

• Like 3