Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm loving it, but hate how easy it is.

Prof-Dante

I took one day to play the event, and already have most of the maxed arcanes that I needed...I love how easy it is to farm these arcanes but I hate how easy the missions are.

the main mission is kind of a joke, a one minute defense, then an elevator simulation, then a mobile defense that doesn't have any consequences, then the alerts are just normal missions but it allows you to stockpile so much of the main resources.

I actually really appreciate that you value my time and effort, the amount of event resource I get per mission is really great, and it's far better than The whispers event that was rotting my brain for how many times I did that fragmented boss fight.

but the missions are too easy, and too forgiving, the only challenging thing about them are the new Jade shower thingie that eximus units hit you with.

to be honest if it were up to me, I'd keep the amount of rewards gained, but give the objective a health bar during the elevator phase, that way, you really need to get that elevator running so enemies won't ice it.

• Like 5

On 2024-06-27 at 1:28 AM, Prof-Dante said:

but the missions are too easy, and too forgiving, the only challenging thing about them are the new Jade shower thingie that eximus units hit you with.

I second this, felt weird when I realized I don't need to defend it during the elevator. It's odd how it has a health bar after, but not before.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb stormy505:

It really is a waiting sim most of the time. A lot of afks, more than usual, cause there's just not that much to do and not much reward for doing it. A good team clears it in 5:50 to 6:30 ish. A bad team usually clears 7-8.

at least better than trash alerts like interception 2/2 or ridiculous excav with 500/500. absolute waste of time.

and there are also teams that farm it specifically. you can get 2x arcane energize level 5 in a few days. and event will last almost 20 days...

and a new update probably won't be coming soon. so it's fine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aruquae said:

I second this, felt weird when I realized I don't need to defend it during the elevator. It's odd how it has a health bar after, but not before.

It's kind of weird. I do get the idea that it'd be a pain to defend with that many Jade lights around, but I feel like even the classic 'The Elevator can only take so much weight, keep the number of enemies on it low' might have been good to have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

at least better than trash alerts like interception 2/2 or ridiculous excav with 500/500. absolute waste of time.

and there are also teams that farm it specifically. you can get 2x arcane energize level 5 in a few days. and event will last almost 20 days...

and a new update probably won't be coming soon. so it's fine.

Don't forget defection.  I actually did that the first day and then was like why am I doing these again? 

I have no desire to work in even captures instead of a new event, but its a cool alternative concept.  And I miss the old alerts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

It's kind of weird. I do get the idea that it'd be a pain to defend with that many Jade lights around, but I feel like even the classic 'The Elevator can only take so much weight, keep the number of enemies on it low' might have been good to have.

I like your idea more, too much weight leading the elevator to start sinking. That would be a good motivator

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

I like your idea more, too much weight leading the elevator to start sinking. That would be a good motivator

I wish I could take credit for it, but I think that's one of the biggest elevator fight tropes around XD.

18 minutes ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

I mean, this isn't exactly a FromSoftware game to begin with...

Neither is Super Meat Boy, CupHead, Devil May Cry, Darkest Dungeon, Classic Mega Man, Xcom or Dwarf Fortress, but they're all plenty hard, and all in different ways. Plenty in very fast, high-action ways like Warframe.

We all gotta play in the same sandbox, so a happy medium is what's needed.

• Like 3

One person's treasure is another's trash.

One person's challenge is another's breeze. 

While the event mission is rather hard to fail. (Honestly, I haven't tried to fail it. I have wondered what would happen if it got damaged more than once) I've seen far too many threads upset over the 'challenge' the Jade Light Eximus present. 

We have to remain cognizant that whole many established/veteran players sleep through this event. 

A rather large percentage of the playerbase is moderately or higher challenged by it. 

I know from joining as Stalker, I've helped out.....ALOT (and I seriously mean ALOT) of groups. With both the mobile defense/hijack stage and especially with The Sister mini-boss. 

(I've solo'd that sister as Stalker more times that I thought luck would allow seeing as the sister seems to have move that one shots entire squads.)

Far more than I thought possible. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I wish I could take credit for it, but I think that's one of the biggest elevator fight tropes around XD.

Neither is Super Meat Boy, CupHead, Devil May Cry, Darkest Dungeon, Classic Mega Man, Xcom or Dwarf Fortress, but they're all plenty hard, and all in different ways. Plenty in very fast, high-action ways like Warframe.

We all gotta play in the same sandbox, so a happy medium is what's needed.

warframe was never designed to be hard. its like wanting bejeweled to now be designed for esports. its silly.

14 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

I’m up for more consequences for bad play; understandably it won’t be a consequence for players who can’t stop hiding behind their builds that make them unaffected by bad playing, but at least it’ll be there for others

My guy, you're still on this narrative?

Gotta give you an A+ for consistency lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

My guy, you're still on this narrative?

Gotta give you an A+ for consistency lol

Facts haven’t changed; every time I see someone bang on about how easy the game is, I’m running through the ways they limit themselves to keep it that way.

And then, laughably, they act like they’re terribly concerned about things like variety; in the case of a thing being destroyable, it’ll affect more builds and loadouts than whatever ones let someone AFK the mission (which understandably aren’t affected by much).

🤔 Why do you bring it up? Are you one of the players who sit in a few builds/loadouts then act like it’s so weird to consider others?

edit: What’s particularly odd is when players who sit in those builds seem to consider it’s representative of individual capability, when I’d give that build to my dead grandmother specifically because it removes any requirement for individual capability; not a problem that she needs it, but then she’s not going to turn around and try and convince me that she’s particularly good, and I’d give her a 🤨 face if she did for multiple reasons

Edited by Merkranire

16 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

Facts haven’t changed; every time I see someone bang on about how easy the game is, I’m running through the ways they limit themselves to keep it that way.

And then, laughably, they act like they’re terribly concerned about things like variety; in the case of a thing being destroyable, it’ll affect more builds and loadouts than whatever ones let someone AFK the mission (which understandably aren’t affected by much).

🤔 Why do you bring it up? Are you one of the players who sit in a few builds/loadouts then act like it’s so weird to consider others?

edit: What’s particularly odd is when players who sit in those builds seem to consider it’s representative of individual capability, when I’d give that build to my dead grandmother specifically because it removes any requirement for individual capability; not a problem that she needs it, but then she’s not going to turn around and try and convince me that she’s particularly good, and I’d give her a 🤨 face if she did for multiple reasons

I brought it up because you're honestly role-playing a broken record at this point.  

I think by now we all know how you feel about how other people choose to enjoy the game.  Repeating the same opinion in almost every post isn't changing anyone's mind.  

Personally I find your windmill tilting amusing as all hell.  Please carry on

• Like 3

I mean I don't necessarily disagree, I am also of two minds about such things generally, but I always like to consider the following. Everyones threshold is going to be different, and ranges exist. Something being more tailored to your own very specific sweet spot of difficulty, can be good, naturally, until people realise that games can't necessarily do that, in too fine tuned a way, because you aren't the only player. So lets say they decide to tailor it to the guy who finds everything extremely easy unless its the problems science in 50 years has to grapple with, because they are a secret savant who can answer such things? Well now everyone else can't compete and you, find it too difficult. Great for them, bad for you. My example is also obviously highly exaggerated though of course, just to demonstrate a more grounded principle. 

A few weeks, one of the first stages of the EDA, the first 3 attempts I made, I happened to load in last. Each of those 3 times, I loaded into a mission on the edge of failure. It was the one with a Mirror Defence starting. I also assume they probably had someone who would leave early, and I would be the replacement. That or the squad just had 3 people and they went to objective without waiting, maybe because they were confident? Either way, I would see the mission failure screen, before I even had the opportunity to get to the objective. 4th attempt, I loaded into a squad that had 2 people from the previous attempt, but this time, we all loaded in together, and we went on to complete the whole EDA. The 3 failures didn't really bother me, I sort of just wished that if the people weren't confident, they could have waited for a full squad, but I also don't know exactly what happened. Maybe they did have a full squad but someone left when it looked like it would fail. I also get that that particular weeks modifiers may have made it a bit harder than usual, but ehhh... Anyway I did enjoy that week, but I also remembered a few past times, when we had a Radiation Mobile Defence Sortie, and I loaded in late as well, so even though I had Oberon, specifically designed to protect team mates from Rad... I loaded into 5 different mission failures and just ended up doing it solo. 

I also didn't know that Ascension mode, didn't really have any fail conditions (critical failure) until I saw a Reddit post about it. It is rather forgiving, sure, but I guess I don't really personally mind. I still play as if its not, the kayfabe of the situation is still real to me dammit. Lets say a hypothetical alternative is that 5 out of your 10 runs ended up in failure with nothing to show? Is that preferable? See for some people they can say "well it won't fail" and maybe, but what if you load in late, or someone is lazy and AFK's on the Defence and it gets hit by a Jade Eximus Light? What if they added a Rad Eximus? Now this isn't to say that I personally am against difficulty or more punishing modes, gameplay, missions etc, I just try to be considerate of other peoples time, preferences and thresholds.

EDA I only have to do once a week, and as long as I load in with others, if its Mirror Defence... I don't mind that I only technically had a 25% success rate. Belly of the Beast I have ran like over 150 times, if the success rate was only 25%... (thats not intended to be a perfect comparison, just an illustrative one). Maybe they could have had a third tier of the mode. Normal Path, Steel Path, and Extreme. With Extreme having failure conditions, tougher enemies (more shields, heath, etc) but with a slightly modified reward table, (less items, more Arcanes) and slightly more currency. So more risk, more reward for players that want it. Still good options for others.

5 minutes ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

I brought it up because you're honestly role-playing a broken record at this point.  

I think by now we all know how you feel about how other people choose to enjoy the game.  Repeating the same opinion in almost every post isn't changing anyone's mind.  

Seriously wish I didn’t have to go to such lengths just to introduce concepts like “Risk” and “Gameplay” and “Third person shooter”; I’ve no problem with how you choose to play, so how about some respect and consideration for any alternative ways that’s not cookie-clicker semi-AFK? The game supports it, rewards it, makes more sense for it, so when you guys start getting uppity about it, it strikes me as particularly bizarre and narrow-minded and shortens my fuse something fierce

13 minutes ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

You know what really pisses me off? People trying to insist that the game, at its core, is meant to be as basic and simple as they experience it to be.

That’s very much a them problem, then they get argumentative when something like destroyable objectives get suggested

22 minutes ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

Just now, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

If you want more difficulty just go in solo with no companion with only an unmodded vasto and a frame with no forma. Anyone can make it as difficult as they want.

Oh yeah, or when people are like “Just insert your keyboard into your rectum and reach into your mouth to press the buttons; you can make it as hard as you want it to be”.

Like yeah, you don’t need to play like someone else who thinks they’re supposed to stand around and the game plays itself, but you don’t need to go to such extremes, posited by people who can’t wrap their head around why a game would have some kind of threat to it, either; you’re not going against the design of the game if you just want to have a bit of a fight, in fact your options to use get expanded across more of the game and you don’t have to sink as much time into max-formaing everything if you’re fine with having to, y’know, do something as the player

9 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Maybe they could have had a third tier of the mode. Normal Path, Steel Path, and Extreme. With Extreme having failure conditions, tougher enemies (more shields, heath, etc) but with a slightly modified reward table, (less items, more Arcanes) and slightly more currency.

I would like this but it can never happen because...

1. The community would INSTANTLY default to Extreme. (As in grindy games people want the most reward for their time.)

2. Folks would rage that they are being forced to tag along or be "dead weight" on the Extreme mode.

3. The Extreme mode would get nerfed into the ground. (See Arbitrations, Duviri, Corrupted Jackal, Liches, Archons, and Steel Path)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, latetier said:

warframe was never designed to be hard. its like wanting bejeweled to now be designed for esports. its silly.

That is A: Debateable (Let's face it, if that wasn't on the list, why would we get Arbitrations, Steel Path, Trials when they were a thing, Netracells and Deep Archimedia) and B: Not really changing the point.

I'm not asking for Warframe to be an Ultra hardcore Warframe crushing machine simulator, and being honest with ourselves, most people - even people who are asking for the game to be more difficult aren't either. There's definitely a desire from a part of the community for that - or in some minds, a return to that, since Warframe was 100% a much slower, more tactical experience once upon a time. But most people do accept that Warframe is not a very difficult game.

But there is equally as wide a gulf between that and between being an effortless game that's impossible to lose, or even perform well at because missions don't have a failstate other than 'everyone dies' - which is very hard to actually achieve. And there's only one Warframe. So, since we all have to play in the same sandpit, we all have to play nice. That means a medium.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Loza03 said:

That is A: Debateable (Let's face it, if that wasn't on the list, why would we get Arbitrations, Steel Path, Trials when they were a thing, Netracells and Deep Archimedia) and B: Not really changing the point.

I'm not asking for Warframe to be an Ultra hardcore Warframe crushing machine simulator, and being honest with ourselves, most people - even people who are asking for the game to be more difficult aren't either. There's definitely a desire from a part of the community for that - or in some minds, a return to that, since Warframe was 100% a much slower, more tactical experience once upon a time. But most people do accept that Warframe is not a very difficult game.

But there is equally as wide a gulf between that and between being an effortless game that's impossible to lose, or even perform well at because missions don't have a failstate other than 'everyone dies' - which is very hard to actually achieve. And there's only one Warframe. So, since we all have to play in the same sandpit, we all have to play nice. That means a medium.

when steel path was released, and for a looooong time after it was BARELY ever played by the so called people that wanted uber leet hardcore gamer mode. they had to add 100% drop rate to get anyone at all to even consider playing it. that shows how popular it is. lmao

if people only want a mode for themselves that they can never beat cause its too hard, they should be more specific about it instead of trying to make it sound as if they are speaking for the entire general community, because as i already stated, the primary audience for warframe will always be casual gamers. not your hardcore leet epic esport gamer that wants darksouls.

Edited by latetier
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aerikx said:

I would like this but it can never happen because...

1. The community would INSTANTLY default to Extreme. (As in grindy games people want the most reward for their time.)

2. Folks would rage that they are being forced to tag along or be "dead weight" on the Extreme mode.

3. The Extreme mode would get nerfed into the ground. (See Arbitrations, Duviri, Corrupted Jackal, Liches, Archons, and Steel Path)

I think so too, for similar reasons, how the game tends to be often.

Personally I am mostly fine with it, my enjoyment with Warframe tends to be its variety, choices, tool synergy etc as opposed to outright difficulty or punishment. I have other games for that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I think so too, for similar reasons, how the game tends to be often.

Personally I am mostly fine with it, my enjoyment with Warframe tends to be its variety, choices, tool synergy etc as opposed to outright difficulty or punishment. I have other games for that. 

It's a bitter pill to accept but that's how the community of this games goes.

That said, I enjoy Warframe because of its pick up and play nature.

If you want to log in a mission or two, done.

Have some reflexive fast paced, sweaty action? It's there too. 

Min/max characters for a huge dopamine hit? Done.

It's very versatile. But that versatility comes at a cost.

• Like 2