The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

arcane blessing but for shields?

arcane blessing works like this...

max rank you get +24hp every time you pickup a heal orb that stacks 50 times to give 1,200 health

Thought it may be a fun idea if there were a shield equivalent that gives +shield every time you collect an energy orb?

• Like 5

Thanks for the bump, I guess the reason would be similar to why arcane blessing exists, you could want to build for shields but not have enough space to fit shields in with mods you want to run, it would essentially be using the arcane slot as flex to get the stats.

alternatively you could just really like pumping up your shield stats on Hildryn for example, 1200 more shields on her maybe fun/attractive to some.

I suppose that would be good for shield tanking, but shield gating, not so much. Can definitely understand saving a modslot though, Primed Redirection gives a whole lot, but costs a hefty amount of capacity with a vazarin polarity. And it's still potentially less shields given if the base value isn't that high.

If you give this sort of stuff to Styanax though... that's 30% crit chance, 60% on spearguns. Tenet Ferrox next level juicy.

Not gonna lie, I would probably also like a stacking up arcane that builds up armor. Imagine coupling that with Arcane Battery (battery checks dynamically your armor value to determine bonus energy, so you get funky business going on with Chroma, Valkyr, Wukong, Frost, Atlas, Equinox, Grendel, Oberon, Vauban and Rhino, since all of them have ways to increase their armor with abilities (also includes funny parasitic armor memes)).

• Like 1

I guess that'd be interesting.  While I wouldn't be opposed to it, I think the only argument against it I think is that shields already regenerate quickly enough and maybe that not many frames these days are shield-tanky (including Hildryn who doesn't use energy).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2024-07-17 at 11:59 AM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

I suppose that would be good for shield tanking, but shield gating, not so much.

Ummm  Im pretty sure when you wrote this shield gating had already been changed so that the more shields you have the better your shield gating is...   

========

I'm not opposed to this idea.....  I use Reaper+Blessing alot even though Strike+Fury is probably a smarter choice.

I'm trying to think of a Warframe I would want more shields on AND be willing to sacrifice an arcane slot for and I think it's alot harder...

Edited by (PSN)AbBaNdOn_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Ummm  Im pretty sure when you wrote this shield gating had already been changed so that the more shields you have the better your shield gating is...   

========

I'm not opposed to this idea.....  I use Reaper+Blessing alot even though Strike+Fury is probably a smarter choice.

I'm trying to think of a Warframe I would want more shields on AND be willing to sacrifice an arcane slot for and I think it's alot harder...

If memory serves me right shields need to fully recharge to see the full benefit of gating. There is also a cap to shield gating so past that point extra shields is just ehp.

There are many frames that would swap redirection for an arcane if it meant for modding for something else. If said arcane could give shields to frames without them then said arcane could be meta. 

19 minutes ago, AsffluffyZ said:

If memory serves me right shields need to fully recharge to see the full benefit of gating. There is also a cap to shield gating so past that point extra shields is just ehp.

True, but partial shield gate exists too.  And the higher maximum shields are--and I'd hope a Blessing-style shield arcane would count toward maximum shields--the faster the regen rate after the initial delay.  All else being equal, a higher max shield build would get longer partial shield gates, even if both at full shields are at the 2.5s shield gate cap.

There's definitely an important breakpoint though at just 1150 max shields because of that cap.  And diminishing returns on regen.  So the arcane could open up intersting options for frames with low base shields where Redirection is a joke.

• Like 2

On 2024-07-16 at 11:42 AM, _Anise_ said:

max rank you get +24hp every time you pickup a heal orb that stacks 50 times to give 1,200 health

Thought it may be a fun idea if there were a shield equivalent that gives +shield every time you collect an energy orb?

If you pair this with catalyzing shields it would literally make your warframe invincible, cool concept but there would be alot of repercussion to shield frames if this was implemented

6 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

========

Rhino and Frost would be good choices. If you subsume for Parasitic Armor, the shields would all convert to armor and multiply that armor value by power strength. For Rhino, that can easily set you up for 500k+ Iron Skin. For Frost, that armor would translate to an extremely well reinforced set of Snow Globes. And, thanks to the Frost updates, having a wider globe won't negatively effect the team, meaning you now have an ultra tough, freezer that builds crit damage by default...a powerful dual debuffer. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

How so?

I am wondering this too, how would it be different than running catalyzing shields and socketing 5x tau blue +225 shield shards to get 1125 extra?

Am 16.7.2024 um 17:42 schrieb _Anise_:

but then it's the same as with health arcane: if you live that long, you don't need it at all in my opinion. because 1200 shield is actually not much for long SP content. then it probably depends on CC skills that protect yourself and team members. and the question is how shield reg should be implemented. because Arcane Barrier does a very good job and keeps my harrow alive. but extra shield would block dmg arcanes like crit, fire rate etc. because with fire rate bond + fire rate arcane and loot warframe in the game and weapons with small AOE have very good performance. if crit is added to that, many weapons only make orange crits or even often red ones.

therefore I believe that the use is very limited.

15 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

therefore I believe that the use is very limited.

I don't disagree, it would be a fun yet niche use arcane, as it stands on hildryn I have Arcane Barrier and Arcane Aegis, I would probably drop barrier which starts to fall off once you get to high enough levels in order to stack more shields.

in part I think it may also encourage shield stacking for other frames? maybe ones where less shields (canalizing) is ultimately the best even only option.