Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

all the new frame's have casting abilities that when they have a duration, have a duration of around 30 seconds plus , the older frames need this

I really like this longer duration as well as the ability to recast it and  i think that the older frames should be brought back up to this level  and the old duration of 8 , and 14 seconds is too short 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Which buffs tho?

Link and the damage portion of absorb come to mind. Titania's 2 has good duration, but having 4 separate buffs that are circumstantial, have to be cycled through (hope you remember the icon) and ask you to target and enemy then fly over to where you targetted it also stands out as cumbersome to me.

Equinox, Ash, and Loki need some attention too.

2 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Titania's 2 has good duration, but having 4 separate buffs that are circumstantial, have to be cycled through (hope you remember the icon) and ask you to target and enemy then fly over to where you targetted it also stands out as cumbersome to me.

They have 120 seconds duration. You do not need all at the same time. They are sitational. Dante doesnt have any UI indication (beside buffbar) which buffs he has up either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Equinox, Ash, and Loki need some attention too.

None of those has any skills and buffs that could benefit from longer duration.

Loki's only 1 and 2 benefit from duration at all. They are fine (25s and 12s).

Ash only has 1 skill - Smoke Screen (3), which has intentionally shorter duration than Loki's invis (8s vs 12s).

Equinox has technically only Rest and Rage (2), with base Duration of 22s being absolutely fine for a enemy control spell. 

• Like 1

Yea. You might notice newer frames average 25s duration, mid-old 20s and old 15-20s.

There's a build difference for some of these though. Old frames didn't all have mandatory abilities or they were so strong the lower duration was justified. To mention Loki, His Radiation Disarm is affected by Duration which was his single most powerful skill for a long period. Perhaps strongest in the game.

Now that there's a ton of random AoE + Overguard + Enemies who can't be disarmed. That base Duration of 9s doesn't feel as justified.
That's the general difference for old vs new. Old ones had at least one very strong single cast while new ones are more upkeep based.

With how many times this topic has popped up now I have to assume some "content creator" ranted about this for free views. 

Besides that It'd be nice if these threads at least put in the minimum amount of effort. What frames do you think fall under this issue? Why are their supposedly lower durations a problem? Is it even a problem for them to slot more duration, if so when why?

Am 5.8.2024 um 03:43 schrieb dashashou:

I really like this longer duration as well as the ability to recast it and  i think that the older frames should be brought back up to this level  and the old duration of 8 , and 14 seconds is too short 

I posted here?! Was my post deleted for embarrassing reasons??!??!?!

and yes. definitely make the duration much longer so that there is finally a pleasant way to play. also useful build variety. because nobody wants to activate a skill every few seconds senselessly and mindlessly. nekros has an aura now. that's the way it should go. because otherwise it will simply be solved with macros. because why this embarrassing way of playing? or how about finally playing your own game and not programming rubbish.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Xzorn:

Yea. You might notice newer frames average 25s duration, mid-old 20s and old 15-20s.

There's a build difference for some of these though. Old frames didn't all have mandatory abilities or they were so strong the lower duration was justified. To mention Loki, His Radiation Disarm is affected by Duration which was his single most powerful skill for a long period. Perhaps strongest in the game.

Now that there's a ton of random AoE + Overguard + Enemies who can't be disarmed. That base Duration of 9s doesn't feel as justified.
That's the general difference for old vs new. Old ones had at least one very strong single cast while new ones are more upkeep based.

I would actually allow all skills to have a duration of at least 60 seconds and that without any range disadvantages. I would also send designers to elementary school where they are told how the world works. Because if someone thinks that symbols with the same color provide a good overview... I don't even know how they can say it without a ton of swear words. Besides, men are hunters and react to movement. And as I already wrote in the other topic, important information has to be in the middle.

weak auras (wow mod) have shown how to do it right. And here it is just abysmally bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

I would actually allow all skills to have a duration of at least 60 seconds and that without any range disadvantages. I would also send designers to elementary school where they are told how the world works. Because if someone thinks that symbols with the same color provide a good overview... I don't even know how they can say it without a ton of swear words. Besides, men are hunters and react to movement. And as I already wrote in the other topic, important information has to be in the middle.

weak auras (wow mod) have shown how to do it right. And here it is just abysmally bad.

I'm just not a fan of the upkeep stuff. It was fine when only some frames had it but now it's like a design gimmick to keep your fingers busy.

Nyx was my favorite frame though she relied on timings. It was based on the enemies. Actively manipulating aggro range, stunning, knocking down. Her skill interactions were adaptive in nature not just keeping a buff going. I never ran Assimilate on Nyx as a point of pride because she didn't actually need it.

Now of course she does thanks to Overguard but it's easy to see how the application of duration itself has changed using her as an example.

• Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Xzorn:

I'm just not a fan of the upkeep stuff. It was fine when only some frames had it but now it's like a design gimmick to keep your fingers busy.

Nyx was my favorite frame though she relied on timings. It was based on the enemies. Actively manipulating aggro range, stunning, knocking down. Her skill interactions were adaptive in nature not just keeping a buff going. I never ran Assimilate on Nyx as a point of pride because she didn't actually need it.

Now of course she does thanks to Overguard but it's easy to see how the application of duration itself has changed using her as an example.

tastes are different. therefore it is impossible to please everyone.
and when it comes to tactical skills like with nyx example above or movement with wukong etc. then it is completely fine. but when it comes to pointless "keep skill on cd" nonsense like with octavia then I would ask the strange people what the nonsense is about? because they are deliberately ruining their product.

• Like 1