Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain Extract for New Players

cbunny6

Hey there, I'm a new player who just started playing about a week or 2 ago, and there's a few hiccups I've noticed I want to offer some feedback on, and the first one is Nitain Extract.

Nitain is super important for a lot of recipes, but the only real way to get it is through the night wave radio lady. It's not communicated to you that you should spend all your credits on that.

It feels really bad to have essential crafting materials, locked behind a battle pass redeem system, that you can't even do because 40% of the quests, that are worth like 80% of the points, are unavailable to you.
Ghoul events are once a month, and according to the wiki, only have a 6% chance to drop it, if you complete the ENTIRE mission. Essential crafting goods shouldn't be that difficult to obtain

If there was something telling you to not spend your credits on anything but nitain, or there was some early game mission that provided you a bulk set of them a single time, I could get behind that, it's just very frustrating that it requires so much, and you basically hit a wall where you can't craft anything for days at a time, while you wait for missions to appear that you can actually complete. And even then it might be 3 or 4 levels before you actually get them as a reward.

I know DE has sorta backed themselves into a corner here, because people who spent all their credits on them would feel cheated, but still. It's demotivating as a new player.

• Like 2

It's not like you need hundreds and hundreds of Nitain. Blueprints need 2 - 5 Nitain (most expensive item is Aura forma -10 nitain). And most of blueprints with Nitain is Prime frames which new players can't even get because of vaulted status.

Imo 15 Nora's creds for 5x Nitain is fair price.

5 hours ago, cbunny6 said:

It feels really bad to have essential crafting materials, locked behind a battle pass redeem system, that you can't even do because 40% of the quests, that are worth like 80% of the points, are unavailable to you.

Before the NW we could only get Nitain in special Alerts, which were essenetially like a Nightmare mission (usually shieldless), they werent hard, but mission node could have been unavailable due to being far is in Starchart, but what was worse it was one time deal. If you logged in within its time (1-3 days) and did it, you got your Nitain. If you didn't, tough luck. NO Nitain for you. 

Nightwave doesnt really expire. Once you get further in Starchart and quests you can totally keep doing all the Reecovered old Tasks up untill NW ends.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cbunny6 said:

If there was something telling you to not spend your credits on anything but nitain

Modern  players ignore such tutorials anyway. SKIP.

2 hours ago, cbunny6 said:

it's just very frustrating that it requires so much, and you basically hit a wall where you can't craft anything for days at a time, while you wait for missions to appear that you can actually complete

Or you could just progress your story and starchart so that everything becomes doable. And no, you do not need any Nitain based frames to do it. I finished my whole starchart on my starting Potatoless Volt.

It's demotivating as a new player.

Life is tough, get a helmet.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fallopia said:

It's not like you need hundreds and hundreds of Nitain.

266 for everything once (OK that includes some cosmetics too) :tongue:

It's true that the Nitain situation has always been weird. I never liked them moving it to Nora - pushing newcomers to chose between Nitain and Vauban/Potatoes, c'mon -, imo it was better with Alerts even if they were rare. At least they were available at some point. 

I think Nightwave is a ~fine option for Nitain, as a new player it's no big deal
to e.g. ask in chat what you should prioritize with your first batch of Cred.

That said, come on DE, make Nitain farming via other means more feasible already,
nothing so "basic" should have such low drop rates / limited sources.

(And if a Nitain surplus should somehow become an actual "problem" from any improvements here lol,
just make it the ultimate Helminth food maybe, filling all categories at once, or something.)

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, NinjaZeku a dit :

(And if a Nitain surplus should somehow become an actual "problem" from any improvements here lol,
just make it the ultimate Helminth food maybe, filling all categories at once, or something.)

People have been complaining left and right about Bile. Making it a Bile resource would probably solve some issues, while still having to engage with the NW system somewhat.

There are plenty of things that don't require nitain to build. There are lots of long term goals in the game, you don't need everything within the first few weeks of playing.

18 hours ago, Chewarette said:

pushing newcomers to chose between Nitain and Vauban/Potatoes

Not everything will be enjoyable by everyone, therefore not everything needs a potato. Vauban is a one time purchase that will be slowed by cryotic collection anyway. (oops was thinking the oxium for prime)

Edited by Hobie-wan

I would say that... compared to the rate that we actually need Nitain, it's pretty easy to get.

Now see, the important part of this post is that it's listed as 'from a new player's perspective' and that's something kind of key here.

Because all the information is there when you just... look for it. It's not a tutorial, it's just right there when you look.

If you go into the game and never once take part in Nightwave, because it's just something that's there in the background and you don't know what it's for, then you end up finding a Blueprint that needs Nitain... The game tells you where to get it. You hover over the Nitain Extract in a Blueprint and it literally tells you what it is and where to get that.

On top of this, there are now three weekly Nightwave tasks that literally anyone of any level can do worth 13,500 points total (15 missions, kill 500 enemies, kill 30 Eximus enemies) which is enough to get you the first rank of the Nightwave, or a full rank of Nightwave every week no matter what week you start.

The first reward is 150 Credits. It doesn't take a genius to use at least some of those for the 15 Credit bundle of 5 Nitain Extract.

Even then.

Even if you've missed this really obvious 'where do I get this' option.

You're not missing out on anything by leaving a couple of Blueprints on the back burner while you grind.

Do you know how much a player, entirely Solo, would need to build every Blueprint using Nitain in the game (currently)? 266 before Dojo Research, 284 with it for a Solo Clan.

That is, compared to the other resources you need in game, absolutely nothing.

You need so little of it at any one time, you progress slowly enough in the game (without Plat purchases or boosting) that you'll never need to buy more than 1 bundle per week. Even if you get around to Vauban Prime, a 'new player' is never, ever, ever going to have the 7000 Oxium needed just to build his Chassis. Not without perma-grinding only the Excavation nodes for the entire first few weeks.

I mean, guess what? If you play consistently for eight months, like the Nightwave is designed to get you to do, you'll have unlocked access to all those other challenges, and you'll be into the prestige levels where you can get three to four bundles every week.

You will literally cap out your need for Nitain by that stage. You will have more than you ever need.

I literally stopped needing Nitain after the very first Nightwave, I still have thirty or forty stored away in case DE release another thing that needs it, and have not bought Nitain from the Nightwave store in... when did Nightwave's first round end... early 2019?

And that was before Nightwave had options like the Catch Up mechanic where you can grind all the things that you couldn't grind earlier as long as you complete the current week's challenges. Or the Permanent Weekly challenges that anyone can do.

Too long, didn't read?

Nitain Extract is not hard to get. It's doled out in amounts that are more than you'll need in one go, and by the time you need more than 5 in a week, you'll have unlocked the ways to get more than 5 in a week.

You are supposed to play Warframe over the course of months of short play sessions, not days of long grind. The sooner that any new player realises that and calms down with the grind, the healthier their relationship with the game will be.

• Like 1

Nitain would not be a good bile resource lol, and I have 1000.  There's plenty of better options.  NW credits and ranking up are the easiest its ever been, so if you did happen to spend it all on something less valuable, it should not be that hard to get some back.  As Birdframe_Prime basically said, you don't need it all at once and just a few credits will get you 5, which can usually do a few things.

• Like 1