The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Could this quest be sneaky way to call us lazy & such?

We played the Lotus eater quest. Lot's of people are disappointed thinking it's too short & that's a "walking simulator" (following cat). I think the same, more or less.

I've been thinking why make such short quest when it seems they wanted to prepare (hotfix pauses till this update). I've been thinking about "lotus eaters" meaning:

In Greek mythology, the lotus-eaters (Greek: λωτοφάγοι, translit. lōtophágoi) were a race of people living on an island dominated by the lotus tree, a plant whose botanical identity is uncertain. The lotus fruits and flowers were the primary food of the island and were a narcotic, causing the inhabitants to sleep in peaceful apathy. After they ate the lotus, they would forget their home and loved ones and long only to stay with their fellow lotus-eaters. Those who ate the plant never cared to report or return.

Figuratively, 'lotus-eaters' denotes "people who spend their time indulging in pleasure and luxury rather than dealing with practical concerns".

Then it slaps me into face with full force of Jade light. Are you calling us "Lotus eaters"? Like, we are sitting there comfortably in chairs, drinking our Protea, consuming whatever DE creates. Some of people pay, so they can earn money, hence not "lotus eaters" (more or less). However other people don't.

https://youtu.be/8vgLZRcVyHk?si=JCWmXgb8xCDjnAMx&t=144

Think about it. You need to make some quest that is long enough but it takes effort & such. Why not break 4th wall and joke with our audience? After playing Jade quest (bullet jump with baby)  I feel like they joked with this as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, quxier said:

We played the Lotus eater quest. Lot's of people are disappointed thinking it's too short & that's a "walking simulator" (following cat).

I think your title is wrong, its suppose to be the other way around.

• Like 1

Or mebbe.....mebbe dey figured dat i wanna eat de Lotus out?

I doubt They refer to Players.  They chose to be f2p themselves + a lot of players support them with money. 

More like....something about how Tenno rely on Lotus too much and sht like that.  The usual.

6 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:
17 hours ago, quxier said:

We played the Lotus eater quest. Lot's of people are disappointed thinking it's too short & that's a "walking simulator" (following cat).

I think your title is wrong, its suppose to be the other way around.

That DE is lazy? No. That's not my point doing this topic.

On 2024-08-23 at 7:28 PM, quxier said:

Figuratively, 'lotus-eaters' denotes "people who spend their time indulging in pleasure and luxury rather than dealing with practical concerns".

So, the Orokin, or Dr. Entrati who has been slowly being built up as being obsessed with his research to the point of neglecting things like his family and Loid

I’m guessing when 1999 drops, we’ll see how Entrati’s obsessions bite him in his butt (pun intended?)