Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra forma blueprint should be available always with a cooldown of 60 days

UNO168

it's 2024 and we have to check wiki for the specific date for shop item with high cooldown is ridiculous, how about you make them always available to players but with a 60 days cooldown so ppl won't miss it.

better yet it auto-accumulates the maximum stock available so ppl can come back from hiatus.

2024 and we're still under fomo and foodstamp tactics. c'mon you guys are better than this.

7 minutes ago, UNO168 said:

it's 2024 and we have to check wiki for the specific date for shop item with high cooldown is ridiculous, how about you make them always available to players but with a 60 days cooldown so ppl won't miss it.

better yet it auto-accumulates the maximum stock available so ppl can come back from hiatus.

2024 and we're still under fomo and foodstamp tactics. c'mon you guys are better than this.

A Steel Path Sortie variation would be nice, have an Umbra forma as a moderately common reward.

• Like 1

you know what? considering how key it is for some builds (umbral mods all being the highest capacity cost after rivens) and how niche those polarities are, having them readily acessible isn't that bad on of an ask.

mind you, i'd prefer if they change dumbral polarity to become a universal with exclusive, which then would justify using them in this time of ever increasing mod cost, but you take what you can

Umbra Forma is in a good place right now.

Not everything is using an Umbra Forma and the ones that are you can find alternatives like precision intensify. So waiting shouldn't be that hard and if you so need it, put in a reminder. And missing out on one or two drops isn't that impactful in the grand scheme of things since you shouldn't be needing to use 5 at once.

Dev streams? Get an umbra forma from that.

60 day cooldown, not sure what the nightwave segments are on but that is another semi-regular occurrence you can rely on.

I don't think its right to call this fomo tactics. There are options and alternatives to use.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kadlis12 said:
36 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Dev streams? Get an umbra forma from that.

Wrong. I want to play a game, not watch people talking.

Nobody is checking whether you actually watch. Tune in on your phone or have the stream active/silent (but not muted) in the background.

1 hour ago, kerozen666 said:

considering how key it is for some builds (umbral mods all being the highest capacity cost after rivens) and how niche those polarities are

Feel free to give us examples of those builds and explain how they do not work without those Umbra mods.

1 hour ago, kerozen666 said:

having them readily acessible isn't that bad on of an ask.

Nobody prevents you from accumulating them ahead just like forma. Having them readily available would opposite of being rare, would it?

3 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Nobody prevents you from accumulating them ahead just like forma. Having them readily available would opposite of being rare, would it?

I know reading comprehension across the globe isn't that great, but man, do you really make it look like an international crisis. actually read, i know it might be hard for you, but you might understand that my point is exactly that it should not be rare for how niche, restricitve and specialized they are. SLapping an umbral polarity means only one of the only 5 mods can be used there, and makes any other build a pain without repolarizing. it's not that hard

17 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Nobody is checking whether you actually watch. Tune in on your phone or have the stream active/silent (but not muted) in the background.

Umbra forma rewarded dev streams are the only ones I tune into, just to get the reward. DE knows this and that's why they do it, topping Twitch charts with their dev stream is massive publicity for the game.

21 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Yeah, yeah, just create some accounts and dedicate some bandwidth... That literally does not solve the issue that it is not an in-game activity.

28 minutes ago, kadlis12 said:

Yeah, yeah, just create some accounts and dedicate some bandwidth... That literally does not solve the issue that it is not an in-game activity.

Strream is just a bonus, a trade: they get the viewership - you get the forma. There is plenty of option in game, you just have to be patient. Current NW had an Umbra forma on 29th step. New NW is soon, it is gonna have another for sure.

I am atm a filthy casual (work, other games, life) and often forget to check those options (Teshin shop), I still have 16 already crafted and 19 BP available, I am not gonna count any installed, but probably 1-2 on about a dozen frames.

Thing is, those are not really that impactful. Arsenal presents itself really nice, with all that white, but that is about it.

Edited by Zakkhar

Umbra Forma isn't even that useful anymore with Precision Intensify, Crimson Archon Shards, Molt Augmented, Shield Gating, Catalyzing Shields, Brief Respite, and multiple ways of gaining armor. The Sentient faction is also not a threat at all, so the set bonus is almost entirely useless. 

You don't really need that many, and they're not as uncommon to accumulate to be honest. Maybe I'm coming from a bad angle though, because I've never missed one. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Umbra Forma isn't even that useful anymore with Precision Intensify, Crimson Archon Shards, Molt Augmented, Shield Gating, Catalyzing Shields, Brief Respite, and multiple ways of gaining armor. The Sentient faction is also not a threat at all, so the set bonus is almost entirely useless. 

You don't really need that many, and they're not as uncommon to accumulate to be honest. Maybe I'm coming from a bad angle though, because I've never missed one. 

they are not hard to accumulate, but are a pain to obtain initially, and that's where it's annoying as hell for how niche they are. i've used a total of 6 since their inception, and that's it, si i got 18 built and 3 unbuilt, and i missed osme. 

but someone who want to make builds right now? gonna take a long while, even if it's just 6 like me

3 hours ago, UNO168 said:

There's nothing wrong with taking breaks from a game, but the truth of it is that they want you to play regularly and checking Teshin isn't that big of a deal. Also as people say, they're not as "important" as you think.