The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is XAKU not considered the S+ tier frame, that sits above all others.

IAkashGargI

On 2024-09-01 at 8:47 PM, IAkashGargI said:

XAKU has 75% damage reduction.

If Xaku had 75% damage reduction, that would be really great.  But they don't.  What they have is 75% evasion chance.  There are some ways that's better than 75% DR, and there are some ways it's worse; it really depends on what synergies you're going for.  For me personally, it's worse, because I like to be able to relax and survive with tanky Adaptation builds, and Xaku's passive means that I get hit less (which builds Adaptation slower and sustains it less reliably) while also making me take more damage when damage does come through.

But more importantly, DR is reliable; it may not be probable, but it's entirely possible for your Evasion to roll bad and then you eat a bunch of unmitigated hits in a row and die.  Play with Xaku long enough and statistically this will happen to you, and when it does it's likely to leave a bad taste in your mouth.   Most players like their survivability to be reliable, and for those players Xaku's passive will work at best as a bonus, but never a truly meaningful difference-maker.

XAKU has 100% armor/shield strip in a big AOE.

In my experience it feels clunky to use.  Since Xaku's survivability is unreliable, the standard of Xaku use is generally to set up camp in an area where enemies don't have line of sight to Xaku, so that they get within range of the enemy radiating the strip and your auto-turrets before they have a chance to hurt you.  And that's fine for players who like that play style.  But so many missions require mobility, and in those missions this ability starts to feel challenging to use.  There are plenty of other ways to strip armor that are more convenient, and with the recent nerf to armor, the usefulness of armor stripping is at an all-time low.  Which isn't to say it's not useful or viable, but it's not nearly the selling point that it once was.

XAKU has Auto Turrets that deal damage scaled on enemy level.

Yeah, it's good.  But plenty of people would rather shoot the enemies themselves.

So, my question is what makes him them not the best frame in game ever?

Hopefully that helps explain it!  It's 100% valid for you Xaku to be your favorite, though; they're a good frame and well-worth using for those that enjoy them.

XAKU has 100% armor/shield strip in a big AOE. Auto Turrets that deal damage scaled on enemy level. 75% damage reduction. The best weapon damage buff. All of this for infinite duration. Only care about spamming his 4th ability. 

So, my question is what makes him not the best frame in game ever?

Only your own opinion matters. Enjoy the frames and weapons you like most. We don't have to agree with you as a justification. Also, a tier list is just as subjective as your notion that Xaku is S-teir: just two players with lists of their favorite frames on them. 

People simply don't know how to build and play Xaku.

Xaku is my second most used frame and, while not braindead like Revenant, he can level cap and his stolen guns scale nicely at high levels. 

First, Xaku needs a decent amount of duration at about 200, range at 235-260 strength at 200. (This set up will require significant Tauforged Shard investment.)

His 75% evasion is great and can be further buffed with Sly Vulpaphyla which gives 40% reduction in enemy accuracy with the Augment "Survival Instinct". 

I've stood right on front of an Arson Eximus and it's blast went right through me.

Xaku's Gaze, Accuse and Deny or 3rd ability is actually really good when used properly. Xaku can steal enemies that fight for you. This has uses in solo defense, excavation, mobile defense, and even in Void Cascade, but not so much in exterminate. Armor stripping in a radius also is helpful in these situations but...this radius does not apply to acolytes. 

As far as mobility, Xaku needs a lot of it, he needs to be able to dodge and move frequently as opposed to just standing semi AFK. So Praedos and/or Ceramic Dagger Incarnon are both helpful in this regard. 

This is just one person's perspective and is not meant to be prescriptive. 

Edited by NeDesitVirtus
  • Like 1

The True S tier Warframe is Zephyr.

and I haven't been talking about her because the first rule of Zephyr club is to not talk about Zephyr club.

This is not just a Warframe, she is a Goddess among mortals, sure your damage buffs and overguard/damage reduction can help you out for a while, but Zephyr is beyond these tools.

Zephyr is like Omni man, Look what they need to mimic a fraction of her power.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

and I haven't been talking about her because the first rule of Zephyr club is to not talk about Zephyr club.

This is not just a Warframe, she is a Goddess among mortals, sure your damage buffs and overguard/damage reduction can help you out for a while, but Zephyr is beyond these tools.

True, the person that helped me when I was new years ago, literally only played zephyr. 

He even had me do the daily ayatan treasure hunt only zephyr.

1 hour ago, Prof-Dante said:

Facts. Nicest thing is her invincibility with Turbulence feels natural, you have to actively play the game. The polar opposite of Revenant and Mesmer Skin, which allows players to eat a sandwich and not worry about much. Zephyr is G.O.A.T.ed.

Ya know, I see that Xaku is being discussed, but I'm genuinely confused by how people seem to keep on referring to a different Warframe.

Anyhow, I think Xaku is quite versatile and powerful for their own utility, and personally I believe The Lost to be their most underrated ability. Sure, nothing beats free damage from Xata's Whisper and of course Grasp of Lohk is *the* ability Xaku is most known for; and nothing can really compare to The Vast Untime's utility and power. Yet, I feel like The Lost just has so much going for it; a pretty decent Radiation-esque effect (Accuse), a very good armor strip that also disables an enemy completely (Gaze), and a decent damage option that also disables enemies (albeit for a limited time; Deny). My only complaint is that Accuse's effect shouldn't halter mission progress since I found out recently that your minions can still wonder around while no one knows why a Defense wave isn't progressing.

Sure, The Lost can be a bit harder to utilize in more fast paced missions like Exterminate or any non-Earth Sabotage; but trust me, this ability should not be slept on.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

In regular mode, sure.

But you do realize the Vasto gets 24 charges on a full charge, right?

6 charges spent per trigger pull = 4 shots.

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

With new accesibility mode you just hold it and you are out of ammo within 1 sec. It is 1 burst of dmg doesnt matter how you want to look at it. Yes, in theory its 4 but in practice it doesnt matter one bit, it takes longer to charge than to use it.

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

With new accesibility mode you just hold it and you are out of ammo within 1 sec. It is 1 burst of dmg doesnt matter how you want to look at it. Yes, in theory its 4 but in practice it doesnt matter one bit, it takes longer to charge than to use it.

Okay, my guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

The OP asked the community for reasons why Xaku isn't WF's #1 frame. 

I know that. I acknowledged that Xaku is being discussed. I'm just getting confused because I keep on seeing references to a 'he' or 'his' when discussing them.

18 minutes ago, Xycelium said:

I know that. I acknowledged that Xaku is being discussed. I'm just getting confused because I keep on seeing references to a 'he' or 'his' when discussing them.

Ah.

Some hullabaloo over Xaku's sexual orientation.

Folks taking representation in their video games too seriously.

Am 2.9.2024 um 05:53 schrieb dwqrf:

And tier lists are made by people doing click bait instead of understanding the game. Caliban is S tier you know ?

100% agreed - and so is Limbo 😂 these tierlists are not about effectiveness, versatility, strength -  they are about popularity - that is also why Grendel was usually rated pretty low (back then?)  even though he's one of those frames which you can run even without a single forma - people tend to judge too quickly even if they lack vital information

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

Ah.

Some hullabaloo over Xaku's sexual orientation.

Folks taking representation in their video games too seriously.

??? That's not sexual orientation. That's identity.

Also, I'm 'folks' in this situation, as would be anybody in any situation when a Warframe is improperly referred to. This has happened even before Xaku.

There's no need to derail this thread just because I made a small observation. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xycelium said:

Also, I'm 'folks' in this situation, as would be anybody in any situation when a Warframe is improperly referred to. This has happened even before Xaku. There's no need to derail this thread just because I made a small observation. 

Derail the thread?

Calm down, this old man doesn't care how someone identifies as binary or non-binary.

Everyone lives and loves differently.

16 minutes ago, Xycelium said:

Also, I'm 'folks' in this situation, as would be anybody in any situation when a Warframe is improperly referred to. This has happened even before Xaku.

Its armor in sci-fi game, it doesnt identify as anything, it doesnt have personality. Its not real either. If he is being offended by that let him speak up.

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 2

il y a 7 minutes, Xycelium a dit :

If Xaku is an amalgam of a few Warframes, we can also call him a 'He' or a 'Her', because he isn't just one, but many. There is nothing wrong with that. Also, we all have different languages and backgrounds, we don't have to bend to some identity crisis, especially if they don't match. It's an object as well. In my language a Warframe is generally a 'she', but Xaku is a 'he', but I wouldn't mind calling it 'it'. But 'them' while talking about a single entity ? That's really difficult for communication.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Its armor in sci-fi game, it doesnt identify as anything, it doesnt have personality. Its not real either. If he is being offended by that let him speak up.

I'm not offended. I just find it comical when players get defensive whenever a character defined by its creator as "they/them" is referred to as a "he or she". "They called them a he/she, get the torches and pitchforks!" That person should just chill and dial their feelings down a notch.

It's...a video game. 

Jesus Christ, this community just keeps on getting worse.

4 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Its armor in sci-fi game, it doesnt identify as anything, it doesnt have personality. Its not real either. If he is being offended by let him speak up.

Every Warframe has an identity. And I was never claiming that Xaku was offended?? I was simply saying that I was confused as to why they weren't being properly referred to. That was it. This anti-virtue signaling is so weird.

5 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

If Xaku is an amalgam of a few Warframes, we can also call him a 'He' or a 'Her', because he isn't just one, but many. There is nothing wrong with that. Also, we all have different languages and backgrounds, we don't have to bend to some identity crisis, especially if they don't match. It's an object as well. In my language a Warframe is generally a 'she', but Xaku is a 'he', but I wouldn't mind calling it 'it'. But 'them' while talking about a single entity ? That's really difficult for communication.

There is not a single identity crisis in this situation because it's already been settled on what Xaku is. Having to conjure up some justifications to justify not wanting to refer to them properly is so weird too. Literally, I've never seen any other Warframe had this issue but Xaku. I just have to wonder why... sheesh.

Actually, I was wanting to address something else after all of this;

6 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

Jokes aside, I have been seeing a lot of Zephyr more recently as of late, and I remember enjoying her enough to fork over some money for a TennoGen skin for her before. I know she was reworked at some point, but did she get some more buffs recently? I would probably be interested in trying her out, especially for her mobility and CC. 

How do you build her exactly? To reach these goddess heights? No pun intended.

• Like 2

He is. Just because some newbie isn't aware, doesn't make it any less true.

Edit: but just because a frame is good, doesn't mean it's engaging. I've fallen asleep in sp survival as xaku because my guns kept killing everything.

I dare say it might be better to use less range on xaku because of that.

Edited by (PSN)Madurai-Prime

il y a 4 minutes, Xycelium a dit :

There is not a single identity crisis in this situation because it's already been settled on what Xaku is. Having to conjure up some justifications to justify not wanting to refer to them properly is so weird too. Literally, I've never seen any other Warframe had this issue but Xaku. I just have to wonder why... sheesh.

'Them' is extremely confusing when adressing 'one' character, that's all. I don't conjure any justification, it's a fact. You are offended for no reasons. We are just trying to communicate here.

20 minutes ago, Xycelium said:

Every Warframe has an identity. And I was never claiming that Xaku was offended?? I was simply saying that I was confused as to why they weren't being properly referred to. That was it. This anti-virtue signaling is so weird

For me "them" just sounds stupid, it is plural. Xaku is male sounding name and i will adress him as him or it. You are being offended by how we adress pixels. Thats beyond silly.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Xycelium said:

How do you build her exactly? To reach these goddess heights? No pun intended.

As much as it sounds like it, I wasn't actually kidding, Zephyr can reach damage levels not even a Warframe with the best damage buff can deal, she can one shot Archons, and if that's been done, she can one shot those Mirror defense Necramechs on EDA.

I build her pretty much for high duration and strength, the strength is for Jet stream and Xata's whisper (it is a Xaku post after all) and the duration for ability sustenance and high speed from tailwind.

Funnel clouds is VERY important for tornado DPS.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

'Them' is extremely confusing when adressing 'one' character, that's all. I don't conjure any justification, it's a fact. You are offended for no reasons. We are just trying to communicate here.

Singular they and them have been in use for over several centuries. Also, you wrote a whole paragraph to me justifying why Xaku can't be such. I don't know how else to explain it to you.

18 minutes ago, kuciol said:

For me "them" just sounds stupid, it is plural. Xaku is male sounding name and i will adress him as him or it. You are being offended by how we adress pixels. Thats beyond silly.

Perhaps it is just pixels, but to me, if someone does not see the value in respecting a single character's pronouns, how would I expect for you to do the same to someone else? The lack of awareness that one must have to not see the value in having some basic respect for others is unconventional and inconvenient for everybody.

18 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

As much as it sounds like it, I wasn't actually kidding, Zephyr can reach damage levels not even a Warframe with the best damage buff can deal, she can one shot Archons, and if that's been done, she can one shot those Mirror defense Necramechs on EDA.

I build her pretty much for high duration and strength, the strength is for Jet stream and Xata's whisper (it is a Xaku post after all) and the duration for ability sustenance and high speed from tailwind.

Funnel clouds is VERY important for tornado DPS.  

One shot Archons you say? Damn. I really do gotta get back into investing her then. I assume Archon Shards a good mix of Crimsons with both Strength and Duration boosts?

• Like 2