Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Match Cold Elements Weapon Mod's Polarity with the Other Mods

ReapZy

With the changes to how enemy armour and health scaling works coupled with all of the elemental resistance changes per faction, I think its about time to change the cold element mods from a D polarity to a dash polarity to match the rest of the mods. Before how viral was the clear and undisputed king it kinda didn't matter if you put an extra D polarity in most weapons since why would you swap it anyway. After the update its real noticing how I basically don't build most weapons with D polarities since it makes the modding overall less flexible.

I'm not sure if this can be fixed right away since if changing the mod polarity would mean a ton of users builds would need to be reformad. Overall I feel like something needs to changed since I feel the point of the update was to make swapping elements for the mission more encouraged, which makes the cold mods stick out like a sore thumb. This could be blasphemy but I even though I stopped playing the first descendant they added (or are going to add) a feature where one slot can hold multiple polarities if you forma the same slot multiple times. I think a similar system could be really nice in this game.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ReapZy said:

I think its about time to change the cold element mods from a D polarity to a dash polarity to match the rest of the mods.

No.

37 minutes ago, ReapZy said:

I feel the point of the update was to make swapping elements for the mission more encouraged

What you feel and what it was, are two different things. Actually they are quite opposite.

Edited by Zakkhar

6 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

No.

What you feel and what it was, are two different things. Actually they are quite opposite.

Overall my point is that I feel like modding could be made more flexible. But this reply seems needlessly toxic. Instead of any constructive additions or criticisms with reasons just replying with no and then another toxic line seems a little counterproductive.

• Like 2

Honestly, IMO weapons shouldn't have any mod polarities besides Madurai (V) and Naramon (-). We have way too few mods of anything else, including Vazarin (D) (so much so that they added the Cannonade mods there despite it making no sense whatsoever.).

• Like 2

Modding to be improved to be more flexible is one thing. Making a change that would mess with a lot of peoples builds, and inconvenience them at best, based on an individuals feeling and speculation about what could or should be changed... Like I think you need far more applied reasoning here. 

Also not saying that it can't or shouldn't happen, I just don't see it happening. Also some of your reasoning I don't necessarily think is that persuasive or takes on adequate nuance and consideration of the variables involved. Like its generally true that Viral was quite popular, but there were still weapons that often preferred non 60/60 elements, many weapons with innate elements, progenitor bonuses, multiple elements being used, and just swayed from the most typical idea of builds. Even before we got Galvanised Mods, which then actually meant many weapons actually had a good reason for Vazarin. 

Introducing new mods that may then require peoples builds to change, though, I still think is less an issue than the sort of issues created when you change the Mods, especially if they were/are quite commonly used. I do get the idea, that for some, because you may want to change the builds now, wanting them to make preemptive changes so it suits you personally, could be compelling, but unless its the sort of thing, we can clearly tell that a majority of Warframe player base would really want, would probably just end up annoying/bothering more people, short term. 

Less aggravating and probably more welcoming, is if DE did allow more flexibility, with your idea of mod or symbol stacking, like TFD is going to implement, but eh... Personally I would like that a lot, and think thats the stronger idea and suggestion. Will DE implement it? Not sure. Forma to DE is one of its most consistent and best money making systems. TFD overall monetisation is very different. The two games might have similarities, but Nexon doesn't necessarily have the same profit, consistency and reliability from whatever their equivalent of Forma is. Just like people might be critical of their monetisation elsewhere, it might be those other systems, where they plan on making profits, and so their Forma, Modding equivalent doesn't necessarily need to be arranged the way DE does, therefore it could be a system that exists to seem like a sweetener. Regardless different developers will have different systems with different performance. Like I sometimes see people make the argument that DE should just make their money off cosmetics only... but eh, cosmetics often have different and inconsistent release dates, periods, and generally speaking? DE will often, try to give cosmetics to all their characters. Can still be a bit biased to those that are popular, but they could be worst. Arguably its other sources of revenue like say Forma, which may alleviate pressures and allow them to operate other systems that way. 

So even though I would really like such changes, and hypothetically, one could make the argument that certain changes may even result in more players buying Forma, its probably the sort of system, where the more objective data around player habits and spending, need to be established so they can make such changes. Then again they did also recently make a change with the 2x Forma BP, so still something I think should be brought up, requested, asked for. 

Either way welcome to the site.

Thanks for the reply. Honestly the way I think it works in TFD (I quit so haven't tried it) would probably be the most non-obstructive since it doesn't require anyone to change builds its simply an addition. Lets say a slot had a D polarity and you forma over it with a dash, the slot would act as both at once. I'd say this is pretty fine since no one would have to change their builds and DE would have more people spending plat for flexibility. And if someone doesn't need/care about the flexibility they can just not spend the extra forma and play the same way as before the change.