Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reactant Pickups Should Be Squad Wide

(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

What I mean is that now, hovering above the Void give us the Orokin tag faction, hence the modification of smite mods (and resistances/weakness changes). But in Void missions, aiming at enemies still have the Corrupted names. They should be Orokin-Infested, Orokin-Grineer and Orokin-Corpus instead.

Meanwhile, in Fissure missions, enemies transform into Corrupted, righfully so, as they are Corrupted by the Void ; like Vor.

I do not think Orokin ever controlled the Void that much to use it as a mind control tool. They used it to hide stuff in another dimension, as the Orokin Towers, Lua, and Prime items obtained using Void Relics which are just keys to reach into that Void dimension and to get something out of it, needing Void power from harvested Fissures to work ; but they are Orokin made.

They never mastered the Void ; one of their best experiment was the Heart of Deimos, to allow Void energy to be somewhat controlled in Origin system, and Tenno use that for Transference. The rest of the vague experiment done by the Orokins... is yet to revealed with Albrecht's story arc, the only one that really studied it.

But Orokin mind control is simple technology, and Ballas used it again for Narmers ; and we have not one single element showing that Ballas used or mastered the Void in any ways.

I think.

Well could the tower still put mind control device on a void corrupted grineer? Because if it can that means we have explanation of those gold hues and it wouldn't like break the logic

I am 1000% for universal pick up of Reactant.

There is nothing stopping scumbags from leeching and AFKing already,  so saying Uni pick-ups is going to change that is stupid.   And by and large greed is plenty motivation for people to play

-----------

But tell me something,  Do any of the people complaining about AFK'ers and Leeches delete all the free Voca, Plumes,  Syndicate Medallions they get while playing?? No?  Wow I didn't think so.   I guess you don't really have a problem with it.

================

I having been running fissures for stuff I didn't really like before to test the new drop rates.   Excavate,  Survivals.   Its all been going great mostly.   I loaded into a Survival with only 2.5 mins left and managed to max out.   I loaded into an Alchemy where they all had 9 reactant and were seconds away from filling mixture 100%,   I managed to get max reactant before they could finish the pressure part.  

================

I was playing Gyre in a normal mode and between my pet and my channeled abilities I was killing everything just by standing still.  I got dinged as inactive and lost round reward. (even though I had racked up 200 kills which was like 150 more than everyone else lol)  If they are truly AFK they wont get rewards right??

==============

But who gives a crap about AFK's???  If they pop their relic then that helps YOU,  Them standing around doing nothing also helps you in the fact you get better XP/loot.    I'm not for going AFK,  but Im not gonna be against making the game better for active players because of them.   Universal Pick-ups for Reactant benefits active players way more than it does AFK'ers/Leeches.  

If It didn't we would not have it for Voca, plumes, medallions.  

They mark argon crystal in the void.  That is awesome.  I would love to see all green loot marked like that.   You know,   Orokin Cells, Nuerodes,  Control Modules, morphics,  lanthorn(zari),  void-gel? (from zari lol).

• Like 2

il y a 30 minutes, vixenpixel a dit :

Well could the tower still put mind control device on a void corrupted grineer? Because if it can that means we have explanation of those gold hues and it wouldn't like break the logic

Well, from a lore point, Orokinly-Mind-Controlled humans still have their brains, even the infested ones.

While Void-Corrupted humans from Void energy tend to change shape and form until they are something else, like Void angels (which used to be Zariman's crew). I doubt those can be controlled in anyways but with a good Amp blast in the face.

43 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Do any of the people complaining about AFK'ers and Leeches delete all the free Voca, Plumes,  Syndicate Medallions they get while playing?? No?  Wow I didn't think so.   I guess you don't really have a problem with it.

That's a nonsensical conclusion.  Just because somebody doesn't delete these things--and by the way, they actually can't be deleted--doesn't mean they want all drops to be squad wide.

53 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

But who gives a crap about AFK's???  If they pop their relic then that helps YOU,  Them standing around doing nothing also helps you in the fact you get better XP/loot.    I'm not for going AFK,  but Im not gonna be against making the game better for active players because of them.   Universal Pick-ups for Reactant benefits active players way more than it does AFK'ers/Leeches.  

This. 

Any suggestions for how to keep charm proc flexibility?

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

That's a nonsensical conclusion.  Just because somebody doesn't delete these things--and by the way, they actually can't be deleted--doesn't mean they want all drops to be squad wide.

How often does a person afk hurt your mission that you then can't complete it with ease? Bc I can think of only a few times in my career. 95% of my fissure missions have full active squads. You're arguing to keep the experience frustrating and miserable bc you don't like the 5%.

13 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

We are only talking about Reactant.  

And its not non sense.   I don't see  anyone crying to remove Universal Pick-up of Voca, Plumes, Medallions.   I think everything thinks its awesome.   I think DE thought it was a good idea.     The question is why the hell do they do it for some things and not others??  Reactant is far more mission critical than any of those items.  

Why did DE decide to auto-mark Argon Crystals for newbs but NOT other similar loot??

Have some freaking consistancy.  

Edited by (PSN)AbBaNdOn_
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

How often does a person afk hurt your mission that you then can't complete it with ease?

Other than some troll moves with datamasses, I can't think of any.  I'm not overly concerned about mission failures although this could be a much bigger issue for newer players.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

You're arguing to keep the experience frustrating and miserable bc you don't like the 5%.

I'm not actually arguing that.   I just don't want AFKing to become a lot more common.  Whether squad wide reactant drops would actually have a significant impact on that I don't know.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

We are only talking about Reactant.  

And its not non sense.   I don't see  anyone crying to remove Universal Pick-up of Voca, Plumes, Medallions. 

Why did DE decide to auto-mark Argon Crystals for newbs but NOT other similar loot??

/says "we're only talking about reactant"

/continues to talk about other stuff

il y a 2 minutes, Tiltskillet a dit :

I think the huge problem everybody has with Reactants is that they drop on Corrupted killed closest to Host, and maybe not close to clients.

If you are not hugging and killing around Host, or following his trail, you may just not find any Reactants. This isn't really felt in corridor-like mission, as you can only go forward.

But it can be a repeating problem in mission where squads can spread, like Spy, Disruption, Cascade, and Survival to some extent, and generally most endless mission if the players aren't disciplined or aware of their teamates positions. It's not that players are afk far away from the fight, it's that they do play far away from Host, and even if they kill Corrupted, they don't get any reactants, resulting in frustrating failure to open the relics.

So that's leading to this kind of debate about making it squad wide pickup, when it should just be fixed in some way to have more consistant drop on enemies even if you are just client. And if you fail to open your relic then, it's because you aren't active or mobile in the right ways.

Reactants should stay being some dynamic pick up drops to get from kills ; but any kills on Corrupted should suffice, for everyone.

2 hours ago, dwqrf said:

I think the huge problem everybody has with Reactants is that they drop on Corrupted killed closest to Host, and maybe not close to clients.

I'm not even sure the host thing is true.  But whether it is or isn't, this part of everybody doesn't have any huge problems with reactant.  It's was rare for me not to get enough before the reactant boost, and now it should be rarer still.

But just because I think its manageable and I have concerns about this particular solution doesn't mean I think the system is perfect either.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

/continues to talk about other stuff

This thread is about Reactant.    I talked about Argon and other green loot because it covers the same flaw in DE's thought processes.

You have Universal Reactant in some modes and not in others...   You get rare green loot getting marked on some planets,  but not on others...   

Be consistant.  

il y a 58 minutes, Tiltskillet a dit :

I'm not even sure the host thing is true.

Try checking it out. Took me a while to realize it's mostly true, and that's even more noticeable in the new mission types (Disruption, Cascade).

Am 5.9.2024 um 13:37 schrieb (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1:

This. 

If people aren't doing it "the right way" and it's creating inefficiency, why not just change it so they can't do it the "incorrect" way? People are weirdly defending against a QoL buff. 

That's normal here sadly.. people are up in arms for change in general, even if it is a 100% positive change only

4 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

That's normal here sadly.. people are up in arms for change in general, even if it is a 100% positive change only

Technically there is a downside. The charm cat procs. Which I've been wanting people to help me brain storm ideas for addressing but people seem to rather argue. 

• Like 1

I can say from personal experience on PS4 that enemy spawns are greatly reduced compared to when my clan mate on PS5 is host. Saying they buffed enemy spawns for all systems is just a flat out lie. And if they had added a 20% increased drop rate for reactant no one should be failing relic missions now. Plus solo players should not be getting the shaft just for playing solo. I have to many failed missions due to randoms as my clan mates aren't always on.

Edited by Raider1985

15 minutes ago, Raider1985 said:

I can say from personal experience on PS4 that enemy spawns are greatly reduced compared to when my clan mate on PS5 is host. Saying they buffed enemy spawns for all systems is just a flat out lie.

I don't think that change has happened yet.

Me and my clan mates have verified this with real world experience. The only time spawns rates are lower is when I am host and I am the only one on PS4. I also feel like the spawn rates of the Corpus is lower compared to the other factions. I have FAR less issues with Grineer or Orokin fissure missions than I do with Corpus fissures.