The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & the Five Fates - New Player Experience and Quality of Life

[DE]Taylor

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Adding small narrative introductions to planets and their Assassination targets as players move through the Star Chart

This could also be great for filling in on the content that has been sunset but contained plot

Like for example after Alad V

Spoiler

Gets infested in Patient Zero he wants to cure himself of it which is in the plot of one of operations that has been closed. Thus in the current WF there is infested Alad V and then later normal Alad V with no information on what happened. I got confused and probably I wasn't the only one

In general having small explanations would provide a lot of value

• Like 4

All good changes, the relic one is probably the craziest, since the previous mention of it was hard to do with spaghetti code.

If it has been fully rewritten, is there a chance we'll see mastered items or vaulted items listed as well?

The change is still incredible, and for a hoarder like me it doesn't matter if I can't see mastered items, but that would be pretty nice for newer players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

2 - Tenno can now favorite equipment in their Arsenal!When browsing equipment in your Arsenal, you now have the option to “Favorite” Warframes, Weapons, Cosmetics, and more. Favorited Equipment appear at the top of the list when equipping items in your Arsenal, ensuring you always know right where to find them. Never lose track of that one Revenant Prime that you love more than the others ever again!

Please please let us favourite relics. While showing the owned and crafted status of relics is fantastic. The one thing we really need a better experience with is being able to select the relic we want during the endless fissure countdown, there is notable time pressure at that point and being able to have a handful of wanted relics at the front of the list would be such an improvement.

• Like 1

These Changes are great! 

The Arcane and Relic changes are huge, thank you for this!
But i do gotta know, the "illustrative diagrams to modding tips", what are those? Cuz i believe that is a Huge and easy way to fix the issue newbies have with the modding system,

A little arrow to point out -> [Aura] [Exilus] functions, or stance slots and explain them. It´s a lot better to have a dynamic journey through the arsenal then just a box popping up:

This is minor critique, i already think what you did here is super solid, and i´m excited for Narrative introductions to planets. 

I think a solid "campaign"-like flow through each planet would be huge, not taking away from the Second dream, but building the Void up, overhauling old quests to cover these planet´s story, The Orokin. That would help make the whole game feel more complete and show the narrative power you have. This would rock for vet´s too. If it´s new and improved.

A Foundry upgrade idea; Give the option to start BP´s instantly, and let Recources replace/co-exist with plat-rushing. 
Patient people will get the choice to wait 3 days for a frame, while others can simply farm the plains for a day and get Gara within that time.

And at last; DE please don´t make the game too easy. If there really are players complaining about the Puzzles, or enemy level being too high, please make it an Easy-mode available from the start. 

I only, and ONLY hear players complain about the game being too hard, and failing due to the lack of Modding experience.

2 hours ago, No.Brainer.Prime said:

Can we have something that allows us do hide whole color palettes or disable them ? most cases i use 4 diffrent ones.

What about applying the new "favoriting" system to palettes too, so you can pin the one you use the most at the top

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

1 - Void Relics now display owned and crafted status of their possible rewards! 

ea955c9a1e913a9b789f0b1ce61c48d1.png

Players can now easily see crafted/owned status of items from their Relics when viewed in the Void Relic selection screen and on-hover as mission rewards. This functionality also applies to the Relic Reward selection screen upon successfully cracking a Relic.

Any chance to add something to mark the frame a part is from crafted somehow? e.g. the Wisp Prime Chassis BP in this, if one already has built Wisp Prime, showing some sort of completion icon.

This is only a small snippet of what our team has been discussing, but we don’t want to over-promise! Should you wish to provide us with feedback on how to improve our New Player Experience, we’ve added a dedicated “New Player Experience” subforum to our Feedback forums: 

Yeah I have two:

1. A setting to disable ambient sound in the settings
  2. Dormizone is a another log in place
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, No.Brainer.Prime said:

Can we have something that allows us do hide whole color palettes or disable them ? most cases i use 4 diffrent ones.

I don't think we're getting the option to hide, but I think you'll be able to favorite color palettes, putting those four to the top. I'm the same way. My greatest regret purchase in Warframe is when I got the beach palette. It's a worthless gradient from yellow to blue, but its name causes it to be the very first, defaultmost palette to always open when you want to alter colors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ichiban-Kasuga said:

It would be nice if you could dispach/remove a lich. even if this means lose the stolen resources, and pay some kuva (grineer) or credits (corpus) to a lich head hunter or some sort of npc (maybe stalker, after jade shadows he could work with us for a change).

i know that sisters of parvos is hard to get on accident, but liches is the easiest thing to get and is super hard to a new player to remove one, not for the weapon, many people doesn't even know that they drop a weapon, just want to stop listening it talk every log in.

with the rumor of a new set of liches it would be important to have this system.

Having a way to remove an unwanted lich by paying Kuva would be awesome, there's nothing more soul crushing than being forced to waste a couple hours to vanquish a bad lich

• Like 3

Please let us favorite relics, i would really like to be able to go over my inventory, figure out what I need, and favorite all the relics that i want to open.

I had suggested this a while back, along with adding favorites to your cosmetic items, but the post has vanished, probably because of cross save. Once i created a pc access it overrides your forum history.

Edited by Reactions_with_will
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

The stug being the choice for showing how favorites work makes me wonder if they have something cooking in the background, like a balance pass for the worst weapons, or some kind of other potential buff.

We were supposed to get an incarnon adapter for it. I actually made a video showing where That was said.

Any chance of adding hidden weapons in Profile->Equipment, particularly from Baro and Invasions.  Its quite cumbersome to try and remember what to farm when you have no frame of reference.  (I shouldn't have to rely on 3rd party programs to see what weapons I still need to master.)

• Selling an unmastered item from your Inventory will now display a pop-up message recommending them to rank it up to Level 30 (or Level 40 for overleveled equipment like the Paracesis) before attempting to sell it!
    • This is another method of educating players on the Mastery Rank system and helping new and old players not miss out on Mastery before selling their gear.
      ddfe5eee4e2a3bd9b65f6cd8b1a408f4.png

There should be a warning like this for weapons tied to quests like the Xoris and Nataruk, telling the player that if they wish to go through with the sale they can get the item back from Chephalon Simaris' shop

• Like 3

If I could recommend anything for new players it’s got to be when you zoom out to view the whole star chart you’d get some blinking light or notification as to where you left off. I did it and have seen others pick a planet and go: 

“yep been there”

*goes to next planet*

“been to that one”

*next planet*

“done this one too”

it’d be nice if we didn’t have to TikTok doom scroll through planets just to find the last thing we did. I know this is super minor but I’m super happy with the changes coming and can’t wait for Koumei!

• Like 1