The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & the Five Fates - New Player Experience and Quality of Life

[DE]Taylor

Reducing crafting time is a step in the right direction, however I feel it would be a much more useful boon to reduce crafting times across the board.

The biggest issue I have in getting my friends into this game is simply the grind and waiting, minimising the waiting by cutting the current crafting time in half or even more would be huge for new player experience.

I also believe new players would find the limited weapon slots and warframe slots very restricting, it's been 10 years and you still can't get more than your starter and rhino in a game with 50+ frames? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Leo.doodling said:

For the quest where you scan flowers, I think it would be easier and more expected by the player if that just entailed going up to the plant and pressing a button, like you do in Monster Hunter for example. Going into the menu and selecting the scanner and then scanning the plant feels cumbersome.

You can bind the first dozen gear locations to hotkeys, and you can put the scanner in one of those. I highly recommend it. However, it'd be good for new players if this was explained during the first few missions, perhaps.

• Like 1

A good QoL for new players would be to give them more starting slots. like 10-15 warframe slots and maybe 20-25 weapon slots. And more various other slots.
Too often new players can't increase their mastery without more slots, but they aren't yet at the point where they can or know to farm relics for plat.
Encourage them to join a clan so they can start getting weapons and warframes from the research labs.

Also give all new players a few of each type of current release relics.  Like 30 lith, 20 meso, 10 neo and 5 axi. Just make it so they can't trade relics until they use their free ones up. IE gotta crack 30 lith relics before you can trade lith relics.

Every person i know that joined WF only to quit shortly after, quit because of the slot thing. Every single one. 

Also.. make foundry rush linear with the time. 50p to rush a 72h job... but 41 plat when it has like.. 17 hours left or what ever.. does not make sense. 
if your warframe has 24h left, it should cost 16-17 plat to rush.
Also make forma blueprints cost 5p to rush, not 10. Same thing with potatoes and other adapters. It encourages players to farm forma blueprints but doesn't rip them off when they rush it.
3 formas = 35p.
3 forma BPs rushed is 30p... + the time it takes to farm the blueprints.
If you make it cost 15p to rush 3 blueprints, new players will do more relics, make more plat etc.

Lastly... this is just a personal thing.. get rid of riven slots, and just refund the plat for any bought slots. Riven slots is the most nickel and dime thing WF offers. We can have tens of thousands of other mods, but rivens need special slots? bruh

• Like 2

Pleaseeeee pleasee make it so normal warframes are 24 hours and primes 3 days i have introduce many friends over to warframe but the wait time for starting warframes scare them away maybe make the lower rank weapons less tine to make and has the ranks go up add more time to the current normal 3 days for a normal warframe makes my friends quit the game since it takes to long and in reality is more like 4 days since conponents take 12 hours but most comeback aster 24 have pass 

• Like 2

This is my opinion. Whether DE will consider it or not, I will leave it to DE's discretion.
- I want to have a cutscene quest replay to benefit content creators in video editing.

- Change config A, B, C to be replaced with the config name that is used when subsume abilities from helmint and show the config marker that is currently in use.

- I want arsanal to show a channel for changing operator amps without having to leave arsanal and press ESC > operator or walk to the back of the ship.

- Make warframe transparent while zooming in to shoot because some warframes have large upper bodies or wide shoulders which can be a problem if wearing large shoulder armor that sometimes blocks enemies while shooting, such as Citrine and Aesopex shoulder plate.

- Remove glow-cloak, semi cloak from the auxiliary slot and may move them to the game options instead. I don't want these options to affect the fashion in the auxiliary slot that may be added in the future.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, _.Steam._ said:

In regards to seeing how many owned arcanes you have, will this be applied to loid in the sanctum for dissolution? I'm always nervous to sell any arcanes that aren't maxed and this would greatly help me and others

Curious what you mean by this? Loid's store already shows the Arcane rank on the public build, if you sort by "name" you should be able to see how many Arcanes you own of that same type, and what rank they all are. You'd need to use the "Show Ranked" toggle on the bottom right corner of the screen to see them all, though!image.png

• Like 3

Any chance we could get the ability to sell blueprints from the foundry?

Already mentioned by one other in this thread but we really should have the ability to save Operator/Drifter equipment and arcanes to the loadout saves.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:
  • Adding small narrative introductions to planets and their Assassination targets as players move through the Star Chart.
  • Curating our loading screen tips to player progression. 
    • Ex: Players during Vor’s Prize will only see tips focused on beginner controls and mechanics. 

SO COOL!!!!!!! It would be awesome to see snippets of each planet's codex entry after unlocking each junction, I'd run the gauntlet all over again!

Speaking of, for curating loading screen tips, it would be really neat for MR30+ players to get some nudges from red-text or even trivia for older versions of the game!

This is looking super super cool, y'all are doing an incredible job!

Love from Canada <3

Void Relics now display owned and crafted status of their possible rewards! 

Can we please extend this for Requiem?

I meant, currently, defiled mods are counted altogether.
Please separate it from usable mods, so we know how many usable mods we actually have (or even better, list 3, 2, 1, and 0 charge mods separately)

• Like 2

• Improving Quests menu in the Codex to clearly distinguish Story, Warframe, and Side Quests. 
  • Adding small narrative introductions to planets and their Assassination targets as players move through the Star Chart.
  • Further adjustments to Awakening, Vor’s Prize, and other early-game Quests.

I am loving all the features shown here but I must say I'm most looking forward to these future updates. The early game quests up to and including the Second Dream can feel very disjointed to new players as most of the story framing the quests was in now long removed operations. I do hope these star chart narratives and early game quest reworks can smooth out the experience. Alad V's involvement in quests is most odd as the way it was experienced by players at the time is impossible to experience for new players. As the Patient Zero quest and mutalist Alad V can now only be experienced AFTER finishing the Second Dream which is the opposite and an interim event is also the reason for Alad's assistance during the quest. It's all very odd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, binisthesecond said:

Reducing crafting time is a step in the right direction, however I feel it would be a much more useful boon to reduce crafting times across the board.

The biggest issue I have in getting my friends into this game is simply the grind and waiting, minimising the waiting by cutting the current crafting time in half or even more would be huge for new player experience.

I also believe new players would find the limited weapon slots and warframe slots very restricting, it's been 10 years and you still can't get more than your starter and rhino in a game with 50+ frames? 

Frame craft time is terrible and while 12 or 24 hr is a decent compromise and hook making people want to play the next day, 4 day wait is really screaming "dont come back for the next few days" - so beginners who are just trying the game might as well never return.

"But its f2p and we want people to spend plat on rushing!" - DE.   New players just trying out the game 99% are not spending money on it  yet, the goal so to hook them and get them invested. So you can give greatly reduced craft time for just the beginner frames, maybe just say 3 free "rush" options players can use.

At least the slot situation is better now, thanks to Nightwave giving slots and NW seasons changing quicker now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

5 - Purchasing Arcanes from a Vendor now displays how many Arcanes you own per rank.

92ce2847af494f45c2704458fcab0177.png

Each filled diamond icon represents one rank! Also added the rank UI element to Arcanes in the Vendor wares to more clearly indicate that they are unranked. 

It's great to see the breakdown for arcanes by rank!

However that still requires people to hover each one in the store each time they open the store and have to remember for the next time :(

Can you please also change the owned amount in the icon (the "(✔️) 3" in your screenshot) to reflect how many total ranks there are instead of how many individual items you have? That way it can be sorted by amount and only look at one side of the list for missing ones.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb [DE]Taylor:

[Unused mod slots/capacity identifier] will not appear if you are Mastery Rank 30 or higher.  

I am MR30 and I want this. For all the weapons from before becoming 30, you just don't know if you've modded them fully after levelling them.

Edited by Hennils
  • Like 1

I think it would be helpful if the change from solo to public match-making after the first few quests was highlighted somehow.

One of the biggest stumbling points remaining are the slots that a new player has as well as crafting time. I think it needs work, but I'm unsure what would be helpful. On one hand it's useful to teach players the slot system early on, on the other hand they may feel pressured to pay real money and jump off the game at that point. 

The middle ground could be giving a new player the popup for missing slots when they go to claim an item they don't have space for, but discount their first few slot purchases so their 50 plat stretches further.

Maybe in Maroo's quest at the latest there could be a mention of player trading and that platinum is a tradeable resource?

DE doesn't want to reduce crafting times or at least not without careful thought, which is very understandable. They do have to make their money. I don't think a free skip for new players is the best solution. I don't know about anyone else, but I've played enough mobile games that a free skip in the beginning makes me really suspicious of a game's monetization and barriers to playing without paying. Maybe a quest that includes crafting something - a weapon of their choice - and then tells them to go play some missions and that weapon will be there when they need it? Early on, so they haven't mastered their starting gear yet. They could be told about mastery at the same time.

I could be way off, but I believe that most of the crafting skips are used on the very newest gear that players can't wait to get their hands on after an update. Teaching new players that they can go enjoy the rest of the game while their stuff builds - and telling them that they can build more than one thing at a time - may very well reduce the frustration induced by those first few crafting timers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hennils said:

I am MR30 and I want this. For all the weapons from before becoming 30, you just don't know if you've modded them fully after levelling them.

Or if you levelled up some mods which caused one or two of them to be auto unequipped.

There's just too many scenariopus where even as a MR30+ it'd be very helpful.

Edit, also for the mod rank up screen, can we get a set to max rank with one click function? It's annoying to have to click 3-10 times on each mod, which is why I don't feel like maxing more than a few mods each day (Planning to get one max rank of EVERY mod eventually)

Edited by Akronymus
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, (XBOX)NytroVT said:

I also think when selling a weapon, there should be a popup showing if it's required to be used to build other weapons. 

No doubt, i had to remake many weapons over time because i later wanted to build one that required one that i sold.

About the relics, do not overlook that some stuff needs for example two barrels instead of one barrel. If done by a simple "is this owned" check in the code, it could say "owned" even if you only have one but need two. Alternative symbol indicating "partial" ownership would be cool, or just no indication at all. You most likely already have it figured out, but just in case, stuff like this can easily slip under the radar!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Flaezon said:

There is a suggestion that has been around in the forums and other websites about allowing players to install multiple polarities, each one costing a forma. (Image edited, not actually in game footage)

un58qDq.png

Better yet. None of that. Just rename aura forma to adaptive forma and change it so it makes ANY slot the adaptive polarity. The recipe cost is already expensive enough to justify this, itll just have more use cases this way.

Edited by LastN_

For the controller accessibility items, are there any plans to add a setting for sprint operation other than “Hold to Sprint”?
I would like to have a setting like in other games where every time the stick goes to neutral, sprint is released, and the stick is pressed down each time to go back into sprint.
This would allow for more intuitive character control and reduce the number of players who slip and fall out of the area.

I also feel that there needs to be a UI that visualizes whether the player is currently sprinting or not.
I often see players who have earned Volt's Speed but are unable to sprint.

*Use DeepL for translation

What about identifying resources/materials that you need to hold onto so when you craft or buy something that includes something marked you’ll get an alert “Are you sure you want to use ### Oxium to craft <whatever>”

In my specific example, collecting 8,000 oxium is difficult when every other day you’re crafting stuff that consumes it inadvertently. 

if not I’ll just have to up my discipline :/