Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grounded Zephyr Tail Wind

swinginman

Isn't Zephyr's Tail Wind wind supposed to launch you straight up if you're grounded and looking straight down?

Wiki says:
"If cast from the ground, aiming at any direction propels Zephyr forward, while aiming straight down causes Zephyr to skyrocket upward."

Why is this not working in this clip?

Edited by swinginman

1 hour ago, Currilicious said:

You need to face the direction you want to yeet yourself to. So if you want to go upwards, then face upwards. The dive bomb can be a finicky on low altitude because you need to face downwards for Flappy to dive.

"aiming straight down causes Zephyr to skyrocket upward."

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tail_Wind

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to work like bullet jump, aiming down sends you up. That's what the wiki says anyways.

7 hours ago, swinginman said:

"aiming straight down causes Zephyr to skyrocket upward."

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tail_Wind

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to work like bullet jump, aiming down sends you up. That's what the wiki says anyways.

maybe it wasn't updated after zephyr's rework? they made it so that aiming down only triggers Divebomb, you can't divebomb if you're already on the ground.

you also appear to be on a floor above ground level, dunno if that might have anything to do with it, as it might think you're trying to reach a lower floor.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, swinginman said:

Isn't Zephyr's Tail Wind wind supposed to launch you straight up if you're grounded and looking straight down?

Wiki says:
"If cast from the ground, aiming at any direction propels Zephyr forward, while aiming straight down causes Zephyr to skyrocket upward."

Why is this not working in this clip?

Two possible reasons:

Outdated info and the description was never updated

The game's hit detection is being jank again. I've had ground slams send me nearly horizontally backwards before 

On 2024-09-22 at 7:07 PM, swinginman said:

aiming straight down causes Zephyr to skyrocket upward

This was a change that DE Scott made back a few years ago, and was patched out with the Pablo update that did so much for her.

Now it only sends you in the direction you're aiming.

Outdated info, sadly.

• Like 1