Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Paracesis worth it?

GalvidKong

Question

While ultimately I know it comes down to preference. I’m just a bit “intimidated” by the five Eidolon shards it requires. I’m not that familiar with Eidolon hunting and quite honestly not sure if I’m even equipped to try. Just wondering if the Paracesis as a weapon is worth the grind. 

11 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, GalvidKong said:

Just wondering if the Paracesis as a weapon is worth the grind. 

Paracesis is worth the cost, especially since Eidolon Shard is obtainable by simply killing the Teralyst (further progress like capturing it, as well as killing / capturing its brothers give it as well). Ducats is harder to get IMO.

add the note that (cmiiw), it’s the only craftable Warframe Weapon with Overleveling (lv40 max) characteristic.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Oggyswe said:

Is it not anymore?

Reading the log,

• 27.0. Paracesis is required to trigger a quest
  • 27.2. Quest activation changed, no longer need built Paracesis, in which part of the quest requiring Paracesis gives us temporary one instead.

And yeah, I started it before despite not crafting the sword yet.

Edited by drakefrostex
  • Like 2

Its a decent weapon, but you don't have to feel like you should rush to attain it. Like if the grind feels like too much, whether its the Eidolon Shards, or Ducats, its fine to put it on the back burner. There is a quest associated with it, but as the other replies cover, its not actually a mandatory item anymore, as you will be given a loaner. 

That being said... Warframe is the kind of game, where stuff gets easier and more convenient over time. but its also a game about finding ways to enjoy it. Eidolons can be intimidating, but with the right allies, and people helping you through them, they can be fun! So its also a bit like finding your own personal balance between stuff you want to do right now, and stuff you might want to try later. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GalvidKong said:

While ultimately I know it comes down to preference. I’m just a bit “intimidated” by the five Eidolon shards it requires. I’m not that familiar with Eidolon hunting and quite honestly not sure if I’m even equipped to try. Just wondering if the Paracesis as a weapon is worth the grind. 

You will craft this sword sooner or later, especially since its a "spin to win" sword (using cleaving whirlwind stance). Eidolons hunting is no problem, just look for a tridolon speedrun, and any bored veteran will do 1 tridolon (that means 3 eidolon) in about 7 minutes, often doing 3 or 4 tridolon per night, all you have to do is not die and wait for the volt guy to do all the work. Its the same way you farm focus for your operator so its not wasted time either.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

It's a good weapon all around. And since you need to forma it five times to extract all the mastery points out of it, you get up to 90 capacity when you use an orokin catalyst on it.

It easily becomes one of these weapons you default to when you get it.

Definitely recommend it.

As for Eidolon Shards acquisition, I think you should be scared of it. They're not too hard to come by, you just need to get used to it, do a bit of research on the topic, watch a couple vids and you'll know more than enough. But yes, absolutely worth the grind. Was my most used melee until the Praedos came out. Stats are too good, with both Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds at max combo count, you have 167.4% crit chance and 118.8% status chance, with a 70% Slash weighting by default. Just don't do the mistake of looking for a Riven mod for it, since its riven dispo is super low, the riven mods for it have low stats.

Go ahead and build it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, drakefrostex said:

Reading the log,

• 27.0. Paracesis is required to trigger a quest
  • 27.2. Quest activation changed, no longer need built Paracesis, in which part of the quest requiring Paracesis gives us temporary one instead.

And yeah, I started it before despite not crafting the sword yet.

Ah okay must have missed/forgotten it

Paracesis is a horrible weapon for its intended purpose as a Sentient hunting melee weapon and its release happened before the Operation Scarlet Spear event, an event focused on Sentient invasions.

Many players criticized the uselessness of Paracesis during Operation Scarlet Spear, as the investment seemed pointless for an event where most players used shotguns and modular melee weapons with Exodia Contagion.

The most effective melee weapons against Sentient enemies are Gunblades or Winged Blades, proof of this is in the Archon missions where the Gunblade is essential to blow up Aerolysts, an enemy also released in Operation Scarlet Spears.

The journey to obtain Paracesis is incredible but the offensive effectiveness against Sentient enemies is ridiculous since most Sentient enemies are flyers.