The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & The Five Fates - Companion Reworks

[DE]Momaw

12 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

There has been no discussion about deliberately removing this, but at the same time, deprecated content is not supported either.

The Retriever mods are beast-agnostic, all of them have the same probabilities.

Sorry about that, as noted in the disclaimer things are moving quickly so there might be errors 😅

Corrected list:

• 25% chance of Reinforced Shield
  • 25% chance of Instant Reload (re-rolled if your current weapon doesn't need to reload)
  • 20% chance of Free Ability Casts
  • 10% chance of Bonus Critical Chance buff
  • 10% chance of Bonus Affinity. (Affinity bonus has been increased to 3x)
  • 10% chance of gaining a rare resource

It's a fair idea. Being discussed, but we're a little concerned that pet damage numbers might crowd out the damage numbers generated by the player which are probably more important. Either way, not a thing for the Koumei update but not completely off the table either.

[Spare Parts] works with all Robotic pets which is Sentinels, Hounds, and MOAs.

Proboscis for the Helminth Charger seems to be missing from the list. Did it get any changes?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

Proboscis for the Helminth Charger seems to be missing from the list. Did it get any changes?

Most likely not, as all of us Helminth enjoyers are hating it here. 

Everything gets buffed and all we get is a total damage downgrade, absolutely no stat changes in regards to CC, CD, and SC, an overdue multiple-year old bug to the strain set, and a Trample 'upgrade'. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Halo said:

Everything gets buffed and all we get is a total damage downgrade, absolutely no stat changes in regards to CC, CD, and SC, an overdue multiple-year old bug to the strain set, and a Trample 'upgrade'. 

Yeah Helminth getting a damage nerf and no stat adjustments otherwise is very bizarre. The Trample changes seem nice, but yeah very very lacking otherwise

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury
  • Like 4

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the chance to get a certain buff from Charm every 27 seconds has changed as follows:

• Reinforced Shield: Increased from 4.67% to 10%
  • Instant Reload: Increased from 4.67% to 10%
  • Energy-Free Casts: Increased from 4.67% to 8%
  • Red Crits: Decreased from 4.67% to 4%
  • x2 Affinity/Resources: Decreased from 4.67% to 4% and effect changed to x3 Affinity
  • Rare Resource: Decreased from 4.67% to 4%

Removing double resources is understandable. Changing the rest of the ability at the same time so you're now less likely to get the more impactful buffs feels like a real kick in the teeth. Please consider reverting it so the options are equally weighted, or buffing the more heavily weighted options to something that feels less awful to receive. Off the top of my head, a single instant reload could become 30 seconds of 100% ammo efficiency, while blocking one instance of damage from any source and generating a tiny amount of overshields could be blocking one instance of fatal damage and gaining a few seconds of invulnerability.

• Like 2

Vasca Kavat's Draining Bite needs a touch-up! It's the only special ability I really wanted to see buffed, although I love these other changes. Please update it to also be useful. Let my pet be the vampire it was meant to be.

• Like 3

On 2024-09-27 at 11:09 PM, rubywings239 said:

Are beast type companions going to be taking up two slots now like robotic types? Or will it work like exalted weapons

Since each individual beast race has established stats for their attacks, they're effectively exalted weapons tied to the pet itself.

Amusingly, this likely means when owning dupes of a pet, they'll share the weapon (frames with exalted weapons do this.)

So Helminth charger is going to continue to be the most useless beast pet in the game?

Helminth Charger: Previously 350 Damage, now 200 Slash damage plus an additional non-combining 50 Toxin damage

Previously ALL types of Kubrows: Damage 304, Status 5%, Critical 10%/3x.

All other beasts getting a buff to their basic attack stats while the Helminth charger gets a nerf? just less damage and a non-combining status effect it can't even use with such an awful base status chance while also not being crit viable in any way.

• Like 2

So I got a query.

Don't we already have a mod named Loyal Companion and now we're getting another one under the same name?

Is the original going to be changed in terms of stats or name to prevent confusion?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bag_n_Gra said:

Par for new course greedy parent company has set DE on.

"Any reduction in farming MUST be purchased."

- Greedy AZN Parent Company

Source, I've never heard of them, all I know is Tencent.

Are the new companion mods actually being sold for various conservation tags, or are they going to be sold for standing by the conservation vendors like all of the other mods have been?

Just wondering since so far the tags have been exclusively used for floofs, a few sigils and Son tokens. 

On 2024-09-27 at 9:37 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

Dig (SAHASA Kubrow):

• Your Kubrow can now dig up Heavy Weapon ammo packs if you need them.

Hunt (HURAS Kubrow):

• Now drags enemies within 2 meters of its charge and staggers within 3 meters, and uses the pet's weapon damage.

Unleashed (SUNIKA Kubrow):

• Instead of targeting "VIP" enemies, a category which is somewhat poorly defined and doesn't come up very often, this will now target Eximus units, doing 300% damage against Overguard.

these changes along with Ferocity just aren't good enough. Dig is still wait 5 seconds for a bit of extra energy, this must be streamlined and preferably something that just happens passively. these mods are still just completely useless. how is it possible to make so many good changes to the other beasts but then pull this? and Savagery is basically Ferocity but for the Sunika kubrow instead, yet Ferocity isn't mentioned to receive the same change. maybe it's given that it'll have the same change, in that case it's still quite unsatisfactory because then the Sunika and Sahasa basically only have 1 unique precept mod, having them share the same precept mod just doesn't work especially when you make a point of the different breeds.

in which case, why change the damage, status, and crit chance+multiplier in the first place? especially if you don't even just give them all a straight upgrade like 550 base damage, 20% status and crit chance and a higher crit multiplier. give them that kind of buff to their melee, they need it badly. it makes no sense to use the different breeds as justification, you can use it for the precept mods as that's more in line with their different skillsets. they were all bred for war and to kill so why change their damage stats? their claws and jaws all work the same, none of them is a chihuahua. it just doesn't make any sense.

Edited by fastjoker

Could the crit/status chances for the hound weapons at least get a minor buff? I understand they are getting a base damage buff already to 300, but 10%/15% as their crit or status rate is quite stingy. Damage wise, this pairs with the Sahasa Kubrow, who has 10%/5% base stat, but Bite gives them 330% crit chance, whereas True Steel only provides 120%. This means that the Sahasa Kubrow would have a bite with 43% crit chance, where as a robodog has a bite? with a 22% crit chance. I feel that this is unfair, so I propose to balance out the chances on the hound weapons to have 15% crit chance and 15% status chance, such that with True Steel they would a more fair crit chance of 33%. I suppose this approach makes them more like the Chesa Kubrow archetype with their rate spread (who would have a c% of 64.5% with Bite).

P.S. I also forgot that Crit Damage exists. Bite also provides 220% Crit Damage compared to Organ Shatter which has 90% Crit Damage. Though I can understand keeping this the same so that Kubrows could fill a more offensive role with higher Crit Damage than Hounds, also they already have a decent crit damage of 3x. I would just say if any new hound weapons are added in the future, please don't reduce their crit damage below 2x, as there isn't a good way for them to bump up their stats in comparison to Beast mods (who not only have better mods like Bite and Maul, but also have access to Synergy Mods).

I also do think a 5% raise in status chance for beasts overall would be more fair as their status chance mods are the same as melee dual-stat mods (or the 60/60 mods). Though I can accept if you kept this low as you are introducing +300% status chance mods. I would consider a middle ground on the status side would to have a new standalone status chance mod which provides +180% status chance (so like how Bite provides significantly higher crit chance than true steel, this mod would provide significantly higher status chance than Melee Prowess, I would ask for 250% but I feel that is too close to 300% and make the new mods worthless).

I don't think there is a need to worry too much about overtuning companion melee weapons as companions are... well... companions. Unless they become void touched I don't see them biting a hole in reality to kill 500 enemies in an entire spaceship. I don't think having space doggo making a mob bleed harder would break the game. The core mods for Beasts are already stronger than mods used for robotic (except status I guess), which I am fine with but I think to help balance things out the robotic companions may need a bit of a helping hand. I accept that robotic companions can access Riven mods, but that's only for now. I do think it would be interesting to have Beast riven mods for conservation traders in the future, so making Hounds more comparable with Kubrows I think would be more fair.

Edited by -CFW.Magic-

Cool cool cool. Loving most of the changes.

The question is... what happens to all the forma that we've already pumped in to our current pets?

Now that beast's have weapons, I'm assuming most of the attack based precepts/mods will be transferred to these new weapon sections. So whatever formas we had spent on our original builds will now be rendered irrelevant in "some" instances. Will there be some sort of forma refunds like previous updates, or do we as players will just have to bite the bullet on this one?

Not that I have a problem with re-formaing. Just need some clarification is all. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Halo said:

one bug fix and absolutely nothing else besides (a quite nice) Trample CC, and then a nerf

it's so over Helminth bros, maybe next time o7

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mortimm said:

So I got a query.

Don't we already have a mod named Loyal Companion and now we're getting another one under the same name?

Is the original going to be changed in terms of stats or name to prevent confusion?

I think they meant to say "Loyal Retriever" in that section of the post.. i'm pretty sure that was typo'd to be Loyal Comanion 😬

3 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Source, I've never heard of them, all I know is Tencent.

Bingo.

Ever since DE's parent company was aquired by them, the farming of new "resources or currency" haven't been able to be effected by boosters of ANY means.

Devs/Community management has went as far to justify these new classes of materials used to either purchase or in crafting newly released Warframe equipment as being neither currency nor resources.

Furthermore, the removal of the system of discounts on single items and move to "bonus platinum on purchase" now requires purchase to receive the rewards for cumulative logins on Warframe. This effectively locks out anyone that is desperately poor, and also amounts to missing out on benefits of logging in due to poorly timed reception of a "discount" on platinum.

Due to the being able to trade & make premium in-game currency, Warframe was a game where one could "put in the work" and still be able to get your discount.

With the decision, whomever's it was, to move away from "earnable discounts" to "benefit from purchase discounts," Warframe has rejected payment in time, in lieu of simulated surprise IRL expenses to capitalize on the FOMO conditioning of the player base with their 48 hour, limited time " formerly known as discounts" turned bonus platinum on 1 purchase of platinum.

It's probably just me, but it seems like the "platinum to bypass the wait" has turned more into "platinum to avoid the farm," and the DE is in the process of finding the balance between intolerable farms that make people want to quit (Citrine, Voruna, Kullervo etc.), and easy farms that will have tenno seeing the newly released frame on day 4 without platinum purchase (Qorvex, Dante, Jade, etc).

If the resources part of charm split nerf doesn't apply to void traces, kuva, steel essence, torrids, argon crystals, orokin cells, vitus essence, riven slivers, fish, and mined ores/gems; then, combined with the removal of the stackable nature of the resource multiplier, this can only be seen as either a deliberate hindrance to lessening farming these materials or a lazy way to avoid reviewing logs whilst avoiding the negative reputation of automated trade/account bans being handed out for maximizing the farming of these materials.

Greed or sloth?

Because if it was about Charm being a mandatory mod, then the "fix" should be available to every companion, if not just have given access to the mod to all companions, or just added it to a passive to all companions.

It was NEVER about one pet receiving the benefits, it has been about justification of taking away the stackable part of the buff (luck) with this rework.

"Tenno must work AGAINST the RNG (relics, drops, good Stephano map, etc.), and NEVER have it on their side with a lucky smeeta proc for doubled/tripled/quadrupled rare resources."

-This update

• Like 1

On 2024-09-27 at 11:37 AM, [DE]Momaw said:

Beast weapons will gain affinity and rank up, but they will not contribute toward your overall Mastery.

Like, why not? We still need to level them up, right?
(I would like to point out that I'm already MR30, so I'm not saying this with any kind of agenda; it just doesn't seem fair to new players who put work in without it helping toward the MR points)

As a result of this change, different Companions now have updated unique weapon stats based on their individual type instead of being identical

Breed/Species Base Damage Status Chance Critical Chance Critical Damage Dmg/Atk Fair Atk Rate
Sunika Kubrow 550 7.50% 7.50% 3.5 653.125 0.43 Atks/Sec
Huras Kubrow 350 5% 20% 3.5 525 0.53 Atks/Sec
Medjay Predasite 350 20% 10% 3 420 0.66 Atks/Sec
Pharaoh Predasite 325 25% 7.50% 2.5 361.5625 0.77 Atks/Sec
Sahasa Kubrow 300 5% 10% 3 360 0.77 Atks/Sec
Vizier Predasite 300 30% 5% 2 315 0.88 Atks/Sec
Chesa Kubrow 275 15% 15% 1.5 295.625 0.94 Atks/Sec
Raksa Kubrow 250 20% 7.50% 2.5 278.125 1.00 Atks/Sec
Adarza Kavat 90 5% 30% 2.5 130.5 2.13 Atks/Sec
Vasca Kavat 110 25% 15% 2 126.5 2.20 Atks/Sec
Crescent Vulphaphyla 100 17.50% 22.50% 2 122.5 2.27 Atks/Sec
Panzer Vulpaphyla 90 12.50% 25% 2 112.5 2.47 Atks/Sec
Smeeta Kavat 80 7.50% 20% 2 96 2.90 Atks/Sec
Sly Vulpaphyla 80 20% 20% 2 96 2.90 Atks/Sec

Kind of a big disparity in DPS if all companions get the same Attack Rate. If you want them to be equal then you'll need to slow some and speed up others. (Attack Rate is also going to play a significant factor in Statuses/sec, which is why I couldn't include that in any calculations)

Charm (SMEETA Kavat): The resource and credit pickup multiplier has been removed from Charm and promoted to being its own separate precept Mod (Loyal Retriever,) equippable on all Beasts. Charm's chance to provide a buff on activation has been increased to 40%. The available buffs are:

I think I'm happy with this. Even though it's now weighted against the Affinity Boost, the increased activation chance means that the Affinity Boost (with Tek Enhance) will drop from an average of 970 active seconds per hour to 832 active seconds per hour. That's a 14.3% decrease in active time, but the extra Affinity itself is increasing by 100%, so it's clearly a very positive change for players who use it for Affinity specifically (basically it's an upgrade to 171% of its original stats).

Loyal Retriever (Beast companions): Provides a passive 13% chance that each resource or credit pickup will be doubled. This effect is always active: there is no cooldown, no duration, no waiting for it to be ready.

This one though I have mixed feelings about. Based on TheKengineer's math, this would be a downgrade shortly after 2 minutes into a mission. With that said though, the fact that it discourages camping is certainly a positive. On the other hand, having no indication of when a boost is "active" does kind of stink. Void Traces are a good example of focusing on one objective, but then changing gears to focus on getting 10 Void Reactants when you see the Affinity Boost come up. This removes that excitement. All in all I just don't know. I'll have to wait and see how it feels.

BUT, personally I use Smeeta Charm more for ranking weapons solo. So the fact that Affinity is getting an upgrade is very exciting!

15 hours ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

Yeah Helminth getting a damage nerf and no stat adjustments otherwise is very bizarre. The Trample changes seem nice, but yeah very very lacking otherwise

Another late breaking change, Helminth Charger's claws status chance was increased to 25%.

The fact that Helminth Charger's Toxin damage will not combine with other elements might make it interesting for elemental priming strategies (since it can apply 3 different elements).

On 2024-09-30 at 10:43 AM, GreyEnneract said:

No Dethcube laser buff?

Fixed a bug where Vaporize precept was not including Multishot in its damage calculations.  (ie double-triple the damage if you mod it with multishot)

On 2024-09-29 at 7:54 AM, Solarmatt said:

Really hoping you have a look at the Vasca Kavat, they really need some love. At least increasing Draining Bite's Heal to something decent would help

Draining Bite now applies 5 stacks of Slash status on the target which scales at 150% of the Vasca's attack damage.  We are also introducing a new mod which allows any Beast to regain health by attacking enemies who are bleeding from Slash.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Another late breaking change, Helminth Charger's claws status chance was increased to 25%.

The fact that Helminth Charger's Toxin damage will not combine with other elements might make it interesting for elemental priming strategies (since it can apply 3 different elements).

HELMINTH GANG WE ARE SO BACK

(still absolutely zero changes to Proboscis/Strain set stats but like whatever we ball)

37 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Draining Bite now applies 5 stacks of Slash status on the target which scales at 150% of the Vasca's attack damage.  We are also introducing a new mod which allows any Beast to regain health by attacking enemies who are bleeding from Slash.

Hold up, really? Okay, I felt like some of these companion changes were similar to suggestions I made on the old feedback thread, and I'm not saying I was the only one offering some of these ideas, but this is definitely really close to something I had suggested. Excited to read about other changes that havent been listed in this thread.

Vasca:

• [Draining Bite] 

Guarantee a Slash status and double the effects when used against a bleeding target.

Edited by Vaxtin