Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Account Binding & Auto Login (LIVE)

[DE]Danielle

Hi,

I'm having a trouble with autologin attempt. Is it required to use Steam Economy? I'm getting error code SE06 and from option menu SE08.
Is there are anymore requirement or as my account was already link (I can see steam purchase in-game) and cannot do it more?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kikjal said:

Hi,

I'm having a trouble with autologin attempt. Is it required to use Steam Economy? I'm getting error code SE06 and from option menu SE08.
Is there are anymore requirement or as my account was already link (I can see steam purchase in-game) and cannot do it more?

I have the same issue, hopefully it can be resolved soon

3 hours ago, enchantedSunset said:

I bound my steam account to warframe, but since i did that it wont let me log in at all, this keeps popping up and then when 2FA kicks in, it does not send the email.
If it helps at all, i was logging in whilst using Geforce Now
image.png?ex=66ff3af9&is=66fde979&hm=641

Currently having the exact same issue. I can't log in right now. I opened a support ticket but until they respond the game is unplayable for me.

1 hour ago, BoredWraith said:

Can a linked account be unlinked again?

I dont tknow why so many players take this as a win - on PC this is a MAJOR security risk. NOGO for me. Means no more Tennogen purchases ever.

The way I see it, having to manually enter the password every time is a higher risk because it allows people to make mistakes, like either have a simple password to type fast every time, or have it in clipboard and accidentally post it to some chat xD

Can you explain this major security risk? Is there something wrong with Steam's own security that I'm not aware of? 👀

1 hour ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

How does all this work if at some point in the future we want to change the email address that the steam and warframe accounts are using?  are we just stuck or do we have to wait days on end for a support ticket?

Not linking till i've got an answer on this one.

I couldn't log in until I linked, so it was a bit crazy that way being forced into it, not that I'll be using auto log in.

I have one Steam account and two Warframe accounts, one OG Open Beta one (LR4) and one newer (Mr22) that I play more often on as I have more to do on it.

Both have Plat balances, both have Tennogen bought via my one Steam account, my instinct is not to link anything but does this mean I'm now blocked from any new Tennogen purchases?

I am getting an error SE06 when I try to bind my steam to my current account

also I am not understanding the "create new" account either, as it also asks me to create new alias and kinda confused whether it would overwrite my whole progress or not

though from this link: https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004023052-Link-or-unlink-your-Steam-account, it seems I don't have the "warframe" tab in my inventory also stated I should not do the binding either way

also, why "Auto Login" always asks me to either bind or create new account?, for now Auto Login doesn't work on my end, unless there is something I am not understanding

for my take, auto login should just auto login our account regardless if we bind our steam or just use the warframe account

Edited by T69xRiPx

2 hours ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

How does all this work if at some point in the future we want to change the email address that the steam and warframe accounts are using?  are we just stuck or do we have to wait days on end for a support ticket?

Not linking till i've got an answer on this one.

Tbh, idk if I trust Steam enough with my Warframe account 😄

Tried to bind steam account to my WF account, first time it asked for 2FA which I've done, but now all I get is this error below in the image (SE08). I don't remember binding another steam account to my WF account and the account page doesn't say anything about steam as far as I see. All I want it for is for the autologin.

F35EEE09ED74B96ACF320FFD72ED880C436A5572

I personally not linking my account because I have 3 alts and I would like to keep using the tennogen purchases. On the second page Danielle explained it is not a mandatory thing rather than a security addon. I had no issue to purchase the new tennogen recently released. I personally would advice to wait with the steam account linking because needs fixes. 

I selected "Auto login" then tried linking my account. It informed me that I didnt have 2FA and, not wanting to set it up right now, I backed out. However upon returning to the log-in screen, I believe the auto login attempted to sign me in and linked a new WF account to my Steam account. I tried relaunching the game but with the auto login, it starts me right into the new account. I tried reinstalling but upon launching, auto login was still selected. Is there any way to fix this?

E: 

this seems to be the same issue, I'll contact support

Edited by ChaseChippy
added info

So I was trying to do this and link my steam account but it says my warframe account is already linked to a steam account but as far as I know I haven't done that myself so I have no clue what that steam account is and do not have access to it and would like to fix this so I can utilize this feature.

This is amazing, only I don't run from Steam, I install using the link on the Warframe website. The steam-account is "associated" with the WF account I'm using, so all isn't lost. I suppose I should reinstall via Steam to reap the benefits of this?