The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

10 Year Later, Corpus Are Still Least Fun Faction and Probably Also Least Popular

crixus044

To preference, before anyone reads only what they want to read like they do on reddit, I am not having a hard time fighting the Corpus. I know how to play the game and I hardly fail any corpus missions. That being said, they are the most annoying faction in the game. Too many gimmicks and really tedious mission mechanics. I don't think Corpus are the most difficult faction, since they are very open to counterplay, but the whole idea of "countering your counter with my counter from your previous counter of my original counter" is really irritating. I understand that back in the day, corpus gimmicks were their only abilities to counter us, since EHp wise, they were super weak, but with shield gating, eximus changes and enemy variety, their ttk has shot through the roof, since in general, eximus units make up the majority of the damage taken by enemies in any high level mission. That being said, they really suck when it comes to gameplay feel because half the time, you're battling your ability "permissions" against the skater bois and bubble boys, which in Orb Vallis can be everywhere and in Steel Path, can cover your whole screen. I just think we need to tone down on the gimmicks.

Eximus units are a legitimate threat and hard to play. They are fun though. Nullifiers should be an eximus class and reserved for corpus eximus. Overguard in nullification range should work like overshields, or how overguard works on enemies. Nullifiers do not dispel enemy overguard, even if they are of a rival faction, specter, or confused (overguard's inconsistency is another topic for another time). Even better, why don't we have an overguard drain like how shadow specters work? Would have some nice synergy with leech eximus and make them tougher while reducing the cheesy gimmick of a lowly crewman telling the man that punched an asteroid "No" to everything like a Jojo Requiem Stand.

I know we already have enough counterplay to make corpus hardly a challenge, but if we already have the means to easily rid ourselves of the enemies, why not make it fun and interactive? Why settle for the current state just because "It's something that can be dealt with"? If that was the case, then we wouldn't be at this point in the game. We'd still be in melee 1.0. That's just my take

1 hour ago, crixus044 said:

To preference, before anyone reads only what they want to read like they do on reddit, I am not having a hard time fighting the Corpus. I know how to play the game and I hardly fail any corpus missions. That being said, they are the most annoying faction in the game. Too many gimmicks and really tedious mission mechanics. I don't think Corpus are the most difficult faction, since they are very open to counterplay, but the whole idea of "countering your counter with my counter from your previous counter of my original counter" is really irritating. I understand that back in the day, corpus gimmicks were their only abilities to counter us, since EHp wise, they were super weak, but with shield gating, eximus changes and enemy variety, their ttk has shot through the roof, since in general, eximus units make up the majority of the damage taken by enemies in any high level mission. That being said, they really suck when it comes to gameplay feel because half the time, you're battling your ability "permissions" against the skater bois and bubble boys, which in Orb Vallis can be everywhere and in Steel Path, can cover your whole screen. I just think we need to tone down on the gimmicks.

Eximus units are a legitimate threat and hard to play. They are fun though. Nullifiers should be an eximus class and reserved for corpus eximus. Overguard in nullification range should work like overshields, or how overguard works on enemies. Nullifiers do not dispel enemy overguard, even if they are of a rival faction, specter, or confused (overguard's inconsistency is another topic for another time). Even better, why don't we have an overguard drain like how shadow specters work? Would have some nice synergy with leech eximus and make them tougher while reducing the cheesy gimmick of a lowly crewman telling the man that punched an asteroid "No" to everything like a Jojo Requiem Stand.

I know we already have enough counterplay to make corpus hardly a challenge, but if we already have the means to easily rid ourselves of the enemies, why not make it fun and interactive? Why settle for the current state just because "It's something that can be dealt with"? If that was the case, then we wouldn't be at this point in the game. We'd still be in melee 1.0. That's just my take

There is very little the corpus faction as a whole can do about "shoot it till it dies", There really isn't much of a problem and them having a bloated amount of mechanics is part of their nature as a faction. 

Infested however is in need of a complete makeover, they just aren't interesting at all to fight other than their death vfx.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb crixus044:

Nullifier are some of the greater challenges in the game and I love the faction. If I could change something, it would be infested. They play Schrödingers Warframe: You have energy and you don't have energy at the same time. And for some frames, it is nigh impossible to do anything against this.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I love killing the corpus. I'm at 700,000 kills and planning to hit 1 million.

Eat the rich. 

We basically killing the low wage employee corpus that the only break they have is to sit like a depressed person on a bench inside a ship with no amenities, when 100m away there is some biomechanical being that slaughters all of his coworker bring all of disease in the universe in just one blow while looking at funny red numbers

Edited by T69xRiPx

10 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Nullifier are some of the greater challenges in the game and I love the faction. If I could change something, it would be infested. They play Schrödingers Warframe: You have energy and you don't have energy at the same time. And for some frames, it is nigh impossible to do anything against this.

Infested are some of the most annoying too because they were even more boring and added challenging enemy on top of challenging enemy until it became a cluster of synergizing enemies. I think the only infested enemy nobody like is the disruptor, which acts like a nullifier lol

Infested are also my favorite faction though. I think they have the most interesting design. I think they are a little 1 dimensional, but it fits the theme. Corpus being able to have abilities that surpass warframes however, don't make sense. This is why I love the Corrupted, because it strike that balance. My favorite factions are Infested, Corrupted, Grineer, and then Corpus. Grineer are the easiest and most boring too me.

40 minutes ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

There is very little the corpus faction as a whole can do about "shoot it till it dies", There really isn't much of a problem and them having a bloated amount of mechanics is part of their nature as a faction. 

Infested however is in need of a complete makeover, they just aren't interesting at all to fight other than their death vfx.

Mechanics, absolutely. Mechanics that completely negate our mechanics, idk. If they had so many ways to counter warframes, how TF did we win? You see where I'm going with this. I completely agree that Corpus' biggest method of challenge is how they interact with warframes, vs grineer how just try to beat us in a test of endurance and power. Infested are super aggressive. and that's their nature, but they aren't zipping around the map faster than our reticle. Why are the corpus faction the only enemy that 1-ups us? It just doesn't make sense, at least not at the scale they do it

Corpus IS the most high tech faction. It is perfectly fine for them to have those sort of mechanics since they are so unbelievably weak without them. It has also been an extreme amount of time since they have figured out how to use sentient technology against us.

I really don't think it is all that bad, little situational awareness and some blade and bullets gets the job done as they always have.

Infested literally has slightly more numbers and that is about it. All they do is run at you which is fine since that is how I expect them to at least do but it is literally all they have lol. Only thing besides the death vfx's is the disruptors. They are really the only threat and even then they are just unfun more than anything. At least they are something like Eximus that catches the eye to want to shoot or rip apart, that is more what I want. Good start would be adding some of the deimos infested. Those enemies were fun to fight when I was doing deimos.

Edited by (PSN)EntityPendragon

16 minutes ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Corpus IS the most high tech faction. It is perfectly fine for them to have those sort of mechanics since they are so unbelievably weak without them. It has also been an extreme amount of time since they have figured out how to use sentient technology against us.

I really don't think it is all that bad, little situational awareness and some blade and bullets gets the job done as they always have.

Infested literally has slightly more numbers and that is about it. All they do is run at you which is fine since that is how I expect them to at least do but it is literally all they have lol. Only thing besides the death vfx's is the disruptors. They are really the only threat and even then they are just unfun more than anything. At least they are something like Eximus that catches the eye to want to shoot or rip apart, that is more what I want. Good start would be adding some of the deimos infested. Those enemies were fun to fight when I was doing deimos.

In lower levels, I 100% agree that corpus don't have much, but in levels that our builds are oriented towards, the eximus density and shield gating makes up for their lack of EHp. With slash builds hard countering Grineer, it kinda evens out don't you think?

Infested also have the unique ability to counter CC on a map wide scale, but nobody uses CC frames anymore since TTK is so low nowadays

Edited by crixus044

5 minutes ago, crixus044 said:

In lower levels, I 100% agree that corpus don't have much, but in levels that our builds are oriented towards, the eximus density and shield gating makes up for their lack of EHp. With slash builds hard countering Grineer, it kinda evens out don't you think?

Infested also have the unique ability to counter CC on a map wide scale, but nobody uses CC frames anymore since TTK is so low nowadays

So we have come to the consensus that all factions besides murmur, and orokin have load of problems that would be real hard to solve in the current stage of the game.

We have so many tools to deal with anything and most players don't really go past base SP. Not much of anything besides Disruptors are a problem.

Why are we debating again? lol.