Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kaithes should not be able to fly!

Snailed

Duviri is such a well-made environment and every place is accessible through roads and bridges and there are so many beautiful paths etc etc but being able to just fly over everything defeats the purpose of all that. I thought the point of Duviri was to use drifter movement and combat to create a more grounded experience that gave weight to your decisions, and a horse makes perfect sense in that context. You still have the freedom to explore but it still takes work and time. Why would you put wings on the horse? It conflicts with the entire premise. I get that you need it for the orowyrm fight and the little flying minigame things so my suggestion would be to just limit use of the flying kaithe or just incentivize running around on the ground more. Maybe it goes slower when it's flying, making running viable. Maybe you can only use it for short periods of time. Maybe you need to interact with something to trigger it. Whatever. Why give a horse legs if it can get anywhere faster by just flying over the entire map.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Snailed said:

Why would you put wings on the horse?

1. Because Warframe

2. It allowed them a lot more freedom in terrain design. I don't think Duviri's landscape design is feasible without that mobility option in place e.g placements of several caves

3. Precedent was already set for having faster traversal options in open worlds so there had to be something in the absence of archwings, kdrives etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WindShadow970 said:

1. Because Warframe

2. It allowed them a lot more freedom in terrain design. I don't think Duviri's landscape design is feasible without that mobility option in place e.g placements of several caves

3. Precedent was already set for having faster traversal options in open worlds so there had to be something in the absence of archwings, kdrives etc.

my suggestion of limited use wouldnt keep you from accessing caves or anything 

and it broke precedent already in like a ton of other ways. that was the whole point, to create an open world environment that was totally different from the others

Edited by Snailed

2 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

because when you are doing it for tenth time you don't really care for enviroment when you are grinding for pathos clamps etc.

i think you're crazy for this, environment is a huge part of any game and aesthetics are an especially big part of this one. it's just a shame it kind of goes to waste

18 hours ago, Snailed said:

i think you're crazy for this, environment is a huge part of any game and aesthetics are an especially big part of this one. it's just a shame it kind of goes to waste

Sure it was cool to look at first, but now when I'm farming for pathos clamps I want to get it through fast as possible and it already takes around half a hour to do one run. 

You are free to play on solo and ride around with your Kaithe pretending it doesn't have wings. I doubt they'd remove flying nor nerf it.

• Like 2

Username checks out! :P

23 hours ago, Snailed said:

Maybe it goes slower when it's flying, making running viable. Maybe you can only use it for short periods of time. Maybe you need to interact with something to trigger it. Whatever.

This isn't at all what you're asking for, but instead of nerfing flying if there were ways to make Kaithe galloping faster I'd be all over it.  It really bothers me that the Fleet Footed decree doesn't affect apply, for instance, so my Drifter ends up faster than horsey on long sessions.

• Like 1

Never really had a problem with just running around and not flying; I find it easy because the environments are so nice to run around and I know that flight can be used sparingly.

🤔 Then again, I like the idea of taking away the toys that players take for granted. Obviously they won’t learn anything, but still

don't need a faster way to travel - there are fast travel points all over that are faster than the horse flying.
there are decrees that grant movement speed up to absurd levels.

I kind of agree with the OP - of course, the worm fight in the sky would be a bit tough without it.. and since its supposed to be drifter/operator, archwing doesn't fit.  Maybe when you get the orvius at the post for stage 6, one of the owls is there like the ones you search for the missing book on and hitch a ride/control it.